Cats in dining room at Ndozo Lodge

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

Cats in dining room at Ndozo Lodge

Postby Disgusted patron » 6th December 2012, 22:14

Dear Zambia,

I could not believe my eyes when I recently went to Ndozo Lodge just near Sandy's Creation in Lilayi and saw several cats in the dining room while food was being served and people eating. One of them climbed onto a chair and started eating left over food on a plate that had not yet been cleared. At one point there were three cats and the workers were blissfully uncaring until some of the patrons asked them to chase the cats which kept coming back. One of them told me that was the third time they were seeing the cats. If you do not believe me, go there in the evening just when supper is being served and see for yourself. This obviously means the government inspectors are sleeping on the job or otherwise given something to look the other way. Zambia the real Africa!
Disgusted patron

Re: Cats in dining room at Ndozo Lodge

Postby Guest » 6th December 2012, 22:31

Cats are very clean animals. definitely cleaner than some people whom we will not name.

Postby Misheck Ngoma » 7th December 2012, 15:10

Iwe guest you are not making any sense. What if the cat had walked over water from a blocked sewer on its way to the dining room? What if it picked up insects from grass?
Misheck Ngoma

Postby Guest » 7th December 2012, 17:21

but iwe ka Misheck Ngoma you are making way too much sense for me. Are you a doctor or something? Ok, you got a small point.

Postby villaamrita.com » 13th December 2012, 06:45

It's very bad....

Ubud Honeymoon Packages
villaamrita.com

Postby Mulyo » 15th January 2013, 17:47

How is the cat problem these days? Maybe they should adopt a pet python to eat the cats

Disgusted patron wrote :
> Dear Zambia,
>
> I could not believe my eyes when I recently went to Ndozo Lodge just near
> Sandy's Creation in Lilayi and saw several cats in the dining room while
> food was being served and people eating. One of them climbed onto a chair
> and started eating left over food on a plate that had not yet been cleared.
> At one point there were three cats and the workers were blissfully uncaring
> until some of the patrons asked them to chase the cats which kept coming
> back. One of them told me that was the third time they were seeing the
> cats. If you do not believe me, go there in the evening just when supper is
> being served and see for yourself. This obviously means the government
> inspectors are sleeping on the job or otherwise given something to look the
> other way. Zambia the real Africa!
Mulyo

Postby Guest » 15th January 2013, 17:58

I like cats , is that tiny white cat at club Merilyn still there ? I fed it a lot of chicken only to be given looks people who associate cats to ndoshi . Cats love places where they are fed free good food and as you know lodges are full of foreigners who adore and feed cats . Does anyone in the uk remember the guy who was an illegal who was refused deportation and told to stay because he had a cat .

Postby Chadiza » 15th January 2013, 18:09

Guest,

there are clean cats and they are dirty cats. Some cats are capable of being couriers of diseases. I think there are people who may hate cats for irrational reasons but there are also those who simply do not want to associate with cats that may be sewage dwellers.

That is a clever illegal bugger. Here where I'm at I know street beggars who walk around with dogs. They score on two levels. They get money from people who want to help them and those who give money purely for the dog.
Chadiza

Postby Festive » 15th January 2013, 19:05

This cat business in the dining room is rubbing me the wrong way. Are you telling me if that cat sees a nice fillet of fish on a plate it will not snatch it?

And these cats like to bury their matuvi. If there is a sack of unga in the kitchen are you telling me this cat will resist the temptation to bury its matuvi in the unga? Ladies and gentlemen, let’s be real.
Festive

Postby Guest » 15th January 2013, 20:51

Cats sewers and using mealie meal ?

These are ridiculous statements peddled by people who have never owned a cat

Postby Chadiza » 15th January 2013, 20:57

don't be so defensive. Maybe your cat is clean as heck. But have you ever seen stray cats? amama ine!!
and yes, if you do not give a cat a proper litter box it will improvise with anywhere it can dig and bury its dirty business. This is fact, not cat hating.
Chadiza

Postby Umpondo » 15th January 2013, 21:54

This is unacceptable on ALL grounds! Why should the owners of this lodge feel they have the right to have their cat pets roam around freely? In the dining room at that.
Disgusted Patron, if I were you, I'd definitely bring this to the managers' attention or if need be, report this establishment to the proper authorities. Now, whether or not they do something about is questionable. But atleast you can be t peace knowing that you did something about it. Don't just air your disgust on DZ and sit there ndwii as if this issue will magically disappear. Pets (of any kind) should never be allowed at any business in areas where people dine. Not only is it a health hazard, it's just WRONG in a disgusting way.
As for you Guest, I suppose you wouldn't mind the cats' excrement in your food? Even saying ati..."hmm this food delicious" as you lick your dirty - mechanica - looking vimbombos? You nasty.
Umpondo

Postby Chadiza » 15th January 2013, 21:58

Guest,

what did I tell you? You made my friend Umupondo so mad he even misspelled his own damn name. He never does that unless he's really pissed :)
Chadiza

Postby Umupondo » 15th January 2013, 22:09

Chadiza.
Ya, wani tyola. You know these 'i' devices have their own brains. Hehehe. Mu uze uyo chimbwi Guest amvesese!
Umupondo

Postby sichone » 15th April 2013, 11:34

please take note that we are operating on a 01 hector of land and have experienced a lot issues ranging from snakes and rodents (rats) as you know we have to keep these things away from our clients and as well in rooms. We re ver optimistic to correct the situation and all our cats have been vaccinated or quarantined by the veterinaries. Please we are very clean and always want to take care of our clients. Thanks.
sichone

Postby Chamba » 15th April 2013, 17:27

A pig is a filthy animal because it sleeps in its own shit.

A dog is a filthy animal becuase it licks the hole from which another dog shits.

A cat is a clean animal because it shits and buries its shit.
Chamba

Postby Hendrix Maduro Carveliah » 16th April 2013, 10:33

Hey man , i have read this news, but i have a different view about this issue, because i was there from Mexico and had a nice time in that place. I had been to Livingstone the tourist capital though to many exclusive places but never got convinced until on my way to nation's capital Lusaka, i had
lodged there for 2 weeks had a very nice time there, though my wife asked about it, i found it very enjoyable. Anyhow you may put it like that but i feel for us its just that we need to support them highly for the local entrepreneurs are helping us de-congest our homes with unemployment rather than demonizing them,because i know that your nation being a christian nation we can help each other in that manner. Am a christian too, feel they have kept those cats for prevention of rats moving about and helps to prevent snakes and other venomous crawling things. Well those are my wishes and i and my family are coming back to Zambia for the UNWTO and possibly i have to be there after the big Livingstone event, and currently a in talking terms with my church organization if we can come to this beautiful country in Southern Africa. I please appeal to you that you may their management is very understanding and hopefully you can visit and they can learn of your idea. With many thanks. H. M. C
Hendrix Maduro Carveliah

Postby Mukuka R. » 16th April 2013, 10:38

I was there just yesterday, well its understood but, i have liked the way i was attended to by the workers and i even saw one of the managers for something else, i feel they are very understanding they can listen to you.
Mukuka R.

Postby Boas Boukman » 16th April 2013, 10:49

Hey people, cats are just good pets any it depends where you originate from. Ever since we came to Zambia we have frequented that place they have a beautiful place, all they need is advice, am sure they are understanding, they can attend to your concern.
Boas Boukman

Postby Slumdog shalapungu » 17th April 2013, 23:07

The hatred for ba pushi comes from the stupid superstition most Zambians hold . Factor in the countless stories that are unverifiable of ba pushi leaving grenades in the break fast meal which amounts to animal propaganda . It's really sad how yese animals get treated in the combons . You know you can tell the level of intelligence and sanity of a nation by how they treat animals and from the idiots on here it doesn't surprise me . I grew up on a farm and interacting with these animals made my childhood fun . Ba pushi pa zed are good people and appreciate food not like these colonial muzungu cats who are spoilt like babies , my childhood cat used to eat viwaya with me during harvest time .
Slumdog shalapungu

Next Page

Return to Hospitality (Hotels, lodges, motels, bush camps, etc.)