Dirty dirty creamland.

Reply to this Letter

   

If you wish to attach one or more files enter the details below.

Expand view Topic review: Dirty dirty creamland.

Re: Dirty dirty creamland.

Post by Girl » 30th June 2012, 16:02

OK but the icecream there is yummy! If we didn't have to mingle with those flying things. We stick with creamy inn :)

Re: Dirty dirty creamland.

Post by Chimwemwe » 29th June 2012, 18:07

Dear Christopher,

Thank you for your recommendation. I will be in Lusaka later this year. And on the strength of your word, I will visit this ice cream parlor. If it turns out to be a rubbish pit, it's your a** on the line. Thanks again.

Re: Dirty dirty creamland.

Post by christopher » 29th June 2012, 17:59

i think we should learn to speak the truth especially that Zambia is a christian nation, the place is improved and the customer care is ok. we should not go about destroying other peoples businesses especially you has a Zambian has not offered an alternative. am a regular customer there and their ice cream is the best in town.

Re: Dirty dirty creamland.

Post by Consumer » 24th May 2012, 17:49

You're welcome, Majealous!

Re: Dirty dirty creamland.

Post by Majealous » 24th May 2012, 17:47

Oh...Thank you Dear Zambia. You're the man!

Re: Dirty dirty creamland.

Post by Consumer » 24th May 2012, 16:46

Dear Majealous

Please try to be rational. And maybe you should learn to be grateful as well.

You say you now take your offspring to Creamland and neither your nor your brood have had to rush to the loo with diarrhea afterwards. You have DZ to thank for that.

This thread was first posted almost 17 months ago. I'm sure bwana manager over at Creamland came to DZ one day and saw the name of his business plastered all over, with unflattering comments. He had to rush back to Creamland and do some house cleaning. Now you and your family enjoy decent ice cream and you don't even have the decency to thank DZ.

Re: Dirty dirty creamland.

Post by Majealous » 24th May 2012, 08:39

I stop over at creamland whenever am in town with ma kids. It is no dirtier than any other eating place around town. It's just okay. I think someone has an agenda out there. Why can't you just work hard and market your ice cream vigorously instead of hating on creamland. Jealous people ala.

Re: Dirty dirty creamland.

Post by Blulu » 23rd May 2012, 21:42

People,

please give us an update on that filthy Creamland on Cairo road opposite the post office. Did we manage to shame them into cleanliness? Did they finally get rid of the maggots and the cockroaches? How about the houseflies buzzing all over the ice cream? Did they install that fly zapper to kill flies before they fly into the joint? Tell us everything, please.

Re: the new creamland on Cairo road

Post by Bingo » 12th March 2012, 18:36

Holy Toledo! this is weird, dude..

Re: the new creamland on Cairo road

Post by Guest » 12th March 2012, 18:34

hey, hey, wait one freakin second. what's the title of this thread?? the new creamland on Cairo road or Dirty dirty creamland?

How come I replied twice and it popped up under a different title?

Re: Dirty dirty creamland.

Post by Bingo » 12th March 2012, 18:29

speaking of... all you ice cream lovers, please tell us the story here. I hear it is a common practice in Zambia for a business to start on a high note, but sooner or later they fall into disrepute. How is this ice cream parlor faring?

Re: the new creamland on Cairo road

Post by Bingo » 12th March 2012, 18:23

Guest wrote :
> creamland looks really incredible I think its by far the best looking
> building in town at the moment and the icecream is really the best in
> Zambia. just yesterday I went and bought some new type of cone they were
> advertising outside the store it was great. please keep it up dear
> creamland definately you have "melted our hearts" all these years
> please keep it up. and beautiful face lift absolutely no doubt. congrats to
> you Mr creamland... great improvement....


It's not every day you come across a man so enthused over ice cream. Mr. Guest, I'd hate to be standing next to you the moment you are informed that your wife just had a baby. Your excitement would knock me flat on my ass.

Re: the new creamland on Cairo road

Post by Guest » 26th December 2011, 23:12

creamland looks really incredible I think its by far the best looking building in town at the moment and the icecream is really the best in Zambia. just yesterday I went and bought some new type of cone they were advertising outside the store it was great. please keep it up dear creamland definately you have "melted our hearts" all these years please keep it up. and beautiful face lift absolutely no doubt. congrats to you Mr creamland... great improvement....

Re: Dirty dirty creamland.

Post by Indigenous » 18th July 2011, 18:48

Settler wrote :
> Wishful thinking Zoro! We Indians want to make our homes look beautiful and clean
> (who deosn't) but when it comes to our place of business, for some reason, that
> cleanliness goes out the window. You know why? Because we still feel in 2011 that the
> clients we serve are dirty, poor, shanty town dwellers who wouldn't mind transacting
> in a filthy place. Old thoughts die hard.

Mr. Indian Settler,
I get the feeling that you do not exactly subscribe to the Indian mentality you described. I mean about the place of business filth. Good thing for you, you are one of the lucky ones. I saw a documentary about India. How in some shanties, human waste is let to stand in the streets. And those untouchables who clean up buckets of other people's sh*t. There are some scenes out of Indian cities that could make a Zambian pig blush. I mean filth that could put a Zambian pig to shame because it is beyond comprehension.

At 75% literacy, this means a good 300 million of the 1.2 billion Indians cannot read or write. The sheer numbers of Indians who live in filth and poverty in India is staggering.

This is not a swipe at any good Zambian Indians. It's only meant to bring things into a certain perspective. I think there are some young indigenous Zambians kids out there who might be under the impression that there is something inherently holy or superior about Indians. No there isn't. Nor is there anything inherently holy or about Zambians. Nor inherently inferior. We are all the same.

Re: Dirty dirty creamland.

Post by Settler » 18th July 2011, 15:29

See what I mean?!

Re: Dirty dirty creamland.

Post by Guest » 18th July 2011, 15:23

you setler dont accuse indians i think you are from misissi compound, just confide in me i wont tell any one

Re: Dirty dirty creamland.

Post by Settler » 18th July 2011, 15:10

zoro wrote :
> its high time the owner doese some refurbishment!

Wishful thinking Zoro! We Indians want to make our homes look beautiful and clean (who deosn't) but when it comes to our place of business, for some reason, that cleanliness goes out the window. You know why? Because we still feel in 2011 that the clients we serve are dirty, poor, shanty town dwellers who wouldn't mind transacting in a filthy place. Old thoughts die hard.

Besides that, the logic goes like this. If people are buying ice cream from my filthy place, why should I spend money on improvements? Stupid logic I tell you.

Re: Dirty dirty creamland.

Post by zoro » 18th July 2011, 14:54

people can we be realistic enough, ice creame from cream land taste best in LSK than in any other place, but the truth is that the ice cream shop itself is not clean enough up to standards.its kinda futhy by current lusaka standards
its high time the owner doese some refurbishment

Re: Dirty dirty creamland.

Post by Dodo » 12th July 2011, 08:50

Mrs. Faithful, Thanks.

If you give me two choices between this so called Creamland and the K80,000 ice cream on the Hill, I will have to insist on a third option. No more ice cream for me. I will just have to go back to my childhood ingenuity. I used to steal powdered milk and sugar from my mother’s cupboard, mix it up and suck it down like the way Ghadaffi sucks down water when he’s riding his camel in the desert.

Re: Dirty dirty creamland.

Post by Creamland Faithful » 12th July 2011, 08:41

Might I humbly suggest that you then buy ice cream from The Sweet Spot at Manda Hill. You'll get yourself a 500 ml tub of Super Premium Haagen-Dazs ice cream at K80, 000. And yes, their surroundings are impeccably clean. Definitely no oxymorons there. For the rest of us who don't fear extinction; Viva Creamland!

Top