PLEASE SWITCH OFF MANDA HILL LIGHTS!!!

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

PLEASE SWITCH OFF MANDA HILL LIGHTS!!!

Postby Tired Zambian » 5th November 2010, 15:05

Dear Zambia,

Can LCC and the relevant authorities NOT see what leaving Manda hill traffic lights on does to traffic? Please, please please dear God, switch off those lights!!!!
Mr Kapata, WHAT do you want from us? a signed petition to switch those lights off? for one thing, Manda hill road (behind the mall) has been closed for culvert and extension works so we can not escape those blasted lights that way either. another thing, people are now using the slip road (the one that runs pararell to Great East road - by neon gen signs etc) to come up further and cause ANOTHER jam! most of these are agressive minibus drivers who force their vehicles onto the traffic on Great East road.
please switch them off, you will see how nice and easy the traffic will move!!!
still Tired...
Tired Zambian

Re: PLEASE SWITCH OFF MANDA HILL LIGHTS!!!

Postby Ploffesor » 5th November 2010, 16:04

Dearest Tired Zambian,

You remind me so much of myself. Without meaning to cause offence, we are only about talk but no action. While ranting here can be therapeutic, going directly to see Mr. Kapata with a bunch of hired hoodlums will be much more effective. In fact, with this traffic that is getting worse everyday, you will not even have to hire any hoodlums, there'll be enough city residents to leave their busy schedules & join you voluntarily. We'll even get some Post newspaper & Radio reporters too, just to get some coverage. If you have what it takes to initiate something, I'll follow.

Otherwise, Manda Hill traffic lights confusion will remain as it is; confusion.
Ploffesor

Postby Under-table Commissioner » 5th November 2010, 20:02

Ploffesor

I like your brilliant idea very much. Hire some vicious hoodlums and go pay Mr. Kapata a nice little visit where the hoodlums do most of the talking while Mr. Kapata sits in a corner, tied-up and gagged with masking tape.

But given the fact that doing so may land you in jail, I suggest we take the money we would have paid the vicious hoodlums and give it to Mr. Kapata instead. Don't call it a bribe because that word tends to have some negative connotations. Let's just say the money is an incentive for Mr. Kapata to do his job. The job he should have been doing all along but we are merely giving him a small push with cash.
Under-table Commissioner

Postby Tired Zambian » 8th November 2010, 15:39

Dear Plofessor,
instead of hiring hoodlums, i am hiring some street guys to get some petitions signed, this will happen from tomorrow, they will carry these papers from car to car...I hope you will be in the queue from 4pm onwards, i would like to get your signature on these papers.
it is simply a bid for Mr Kapata to realise that we WOULD like those lights switched off as they are just causing congestion and PLENTY of law breaking.
please spread the word!!!
Tired Zambian

Postby Fontini » 8th November 2010, 20:30

Maybe I'm just being my usual ignorant self again. But how hard is it to install smart traffic lights? Lights that "know" which way has more traffic at what hour and they also have sensors to detect which side cars are lining up and which side seems to have less cars.

I can give you one example but I ask Mr. Am so so pist ! to please bear with me. If you think I am "kulibonesha", just shut your mouth Mr. Pist sir and ignore my post, OK?

In my hood, sometimes when I have to drive late at night like say between midnight and dawn, as soon as I come up to a traffic light it turn green. That's because at that late hour the sensors come on and the lights turn green where they detect a car. This is because in many non commercial areas, there's virtually no traffic on the road at certain late hours. So if these traffic lights were operating as they do during the day, there would be a lot of waiting time for the lone drivers at night. Either that or they will be running red lights, knowing there's nobody else on the road. But that's breaking the law and it can get risky.
Fontini

Postby Tired Zambian » 9th November 2010, 14:23

No Fontini, you are not being ignorant...the fact is, those Manda hill mall lights WERE smart lights in that they used to switch off at 8pm until the following day 10am.which means they CAN be programmed to switch off or have less reds and more greens but our authorities dont seem to want to do this!!!!
Tired Zambian

Postby Wrench » 9th November 2010, 22:26

Medieval and barbaric as it may sound, I still like the Plofessor's idea the best. Let us hire some cutthroat goons and let them do a job on Mr. Kapata
Wrench

Postby Analyst » 10th November 2010, 19:56

This Mr. Kapata who has people wishing him to be sorted out by neanderthal hoodlums, is he the big chief of Traffic lights? Some of these government officials, it's not like they consciously or deliberately tell lies or they don't know their job. Some of them are just mental.

Look at a figure like George W. Bush. When you see him in candid interviews like when he was on the Oprah show the other day, you realize that Bush is not necessarily telling lies. He is so mentally whacked he genuinely cannot distinguish between fact and fiction. I suspect the same about this so called Kapata fellow. I think he lives in another reality. And in that fantasy world of his, the Manda hill lights are doing just fine, thank you 8-)
Analyst

Postby Muntublest » 10th November 2010, 23:25

The Manda Hill Lights have been off at from the time i passed through there yesterday and today. One can only assume the authorities happened to stumble upon this website
Muntublest

Postby Muntublest » 10th November 2010, 23:25

The Manda Hill Lights have been off at from the time i passed through there yesterday and today. One can only assume the authorities happened to stumble upon this website
Muntublest

Postby Turbo » 11th November 2010, 00:38

Muntublast, they better frequent this web site if they know what's good for them. Pipo are even contemplating hiring hitmen on their account. this is no laughing matter.

yo Muntu, what's with the duplicates? is your mouse broken? maybe when you click on the submit button, the clicker gets stuck. then you panic and hit it repeatedly, which results in more than one message posted. no?
Turbo

Postby Tired Zambian » 11th November 2010, 15:56

Yes Muntublest, they have been off BUT that was because of some works going on at the mall...but see? once they are off, how easily does traffic flow? is it difficult to join Gr East road at any time of day? no...so keep them off Mr Kapata.
P.s.Analyst, Mr kapata is the 'LCC' spokesman...listen to Traffic watch on 89.5 everyday at 07:50, 12:50 and 16:50 and you might just catch him!
Tired Zambian

Return to Roads & Traffic (Road quality, traffics lights, etc.)