RATSA inefficent service _ Lumumba

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

RATSA inefficent service _ Lumumba

Postby Serene » 2nd April 2012, 14:07

Dear Zambia,

I was disheartened and appalled with the sloppy, dismall and extremely inefficient customer service at the RATSA offices at Lumumba. Despite their so called automated system, it took me two and half hours plus of being tossed from one queue to the other for this process and that, just to renew an expired drivers license. I was told to start from room1 , then to go to room 17 where there was a long queue until a good senior officer collected a number of our documents and attended to us to reduce the queue. then we had to go to counter 25, then sent to room 3 for "imaging" then sent to room 16 for another process. From there we had to go and pay at counter 13 or 15 where there was total congestion with a meandering long queu. At this point it was past 12 30 hrs and i had run out of patience and energy as I had been been standing in RATSA queues from 9.45 hours. The ventilation is extremely poor posing a health harzard and the attitude pretty much carefree. The place is so congested it resembles a market environment. Please can the authorities check the RATSA inefficiency at Lumumba and do something about it urgently! Why not consolidate services to be done in one office bay for renewal of licenses than tossing customers to numerous offices. Better still can these services be decentralised to reduce congestion at Lumumba offices. And the cherry on the cake is that there is inadequate parking so one has to drive around for a while or park a good distance away.
Serene

Re: RATSA inefficent service _ Lumumba

Postby Mapengo » 2nd April 2012, 20:33

I hate to do this but I think the simple solution is not to drive a car. Use public transportation or a bicycle.

Am I being too rude?

Maybe I'm just an obtuse prick, but I see a very simple way out of this mess and I'm wondering why anyone would subject themselves to this kind of torture when they have the option of abandoning driving altogether.
Mapengo

Postby Fred » 2nd April 2012, 23:33

Serene, that cherry topped cake at the end of your ordeal is a nice gesture. That is the least they can do after putting you through such a bad day at their office. I hope they offer lemon cake because I like those.
Fred

Postby Rabson » 17th April 2012, 13:56

Inefficiencies at RTSA, it's not about hours any more, it's about years now. They are pathetically ineffiecent, slow & mostly don't care. Somebody should investigate how they work especially at their Chipata office, which unfortunately caters for the whole Eastern Province, & only 2 windows! I sent my transport Manager who had to sit, yes literary sit 2 days & he wasn't even served, i recalled him & still await to get just Road fitness, is this 21st century Zambia? Bring in private companies & get rid of dead wood, otherwise the fire from it can be lethal, carnage on our roads!
Rabson

Postby Donchikubeba » 17th April 2012, 16:01

Notably the inefficiency in my opinion is a sure way of making a cozy environment for corruption !
Also no harm in decentralising like they have tried to do with the road tax through ZSIC, but clearly Mr Mwalusaka (thats if he is still the boss of RTSA )thinks cars are only in Lusaka and line of rail.Fitness certificates also shouldnt be a hustle, in the UK you simply go to an acredited garage, road tax is the easiest tax to enforce and collect ( i will speak to Hon Mr of Finance , did i mention we are related ? :) ) why should it be so difficult for willing citizens to contribute to the treasury ?, although i think RTSA isnt even needed in this equation councils should collect road taxes after all its the councils roads which we use, RTSA are just buying fancy Honda sports cars to use in games of cops and robbers ,and a RTSA official in my hood drives an unregistered RTSA honda , a very fancy motor at that , if i drive my unregistered car i am stopped , yashani ?
Donchikubeba

Postby april » 20th April 2012, 13:40

So in short ninshi bonse we are dunderheads te? coz no matter how hard you try to put things rite someone somewhere will hold things back. tell me wat is the way forward? wherever you go its problems..eg. UTH problems, Rtsa problems, Schools Problems name it problems now we even call ourselves living beings without direction kekekekeke
april

Return to Roads & Traffic (Road quality, traffics lights, etc.)