5 Questions

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

5 Questions

Postby Qualified » 15th May 2012, 04:48

Dear Zambia,
Staying abroad and seeing all these disturbing news about Zambian Politics, I have a few things to ask:
1) Has Fred Mmembe stolen 14 Billion kwacha, which belongs to the public? Why? There is no law in Zambia?
2) Why Sata is protecting him?
3) Is it safe to invest in Zambia, as I am planning to come back and settle in my motherland.
4) What is the trust factor in Zambia? Can I deal with Zambian businessmen? Everyone abroad warns me against going back to Zambia.
5) Has anyone got any clue tho these questions?

Any takers?Dear Zambia,
Qualified

Re: 5 Questions

Postby Fuso » 15th May 2012, 06:09

Dear Qualified,

I don't want to sart off by telling you a lie. I don't got no answer to any of your questions. What I can say however, is this. If you got it good where you are outside Zambia, hang on tooth and nail.
Fuso

Postby Qualified » 17th May 2012, 03:28

Dear Fuso,
1) I have seen many responses to many questions, which are mostly academic in nature. I had asked some very relevant, practical questions which is directly connected to 'living', and for making a decision about Zambia

2) It seems, we are not courageous enough to talk about our own selves. Thats why the country is full of corrupt politicians, drunkard population, big talks, lawyer like behaviour by every one (everyone knows everything about law), and jealousy.

3) Zambia has got such a beautiful set up to 'live' life, that every time I visit my village and the other small towns in my motherland Zambia, I do not feel like coming back to where I am.

4) But the happy moment is always broken by some disgusting episodes of strange behaviour by some of my Zambian brothers, who either tries to cheat, or do something out of jealousy. I have a feeling that most of us in Zambia do not want to work, but we need the salary and we also dont love our work. But there is no short supply of big talk. Every one is talking big and behaves like one is not in Zambia, but in US. Some even funnily try to ape a British accent, or an American accent.

5) I was hoping against all hopes to come back and set up something in Zambia. But from all that I could see, I will have to wait for another 1000 years before we in Zambia get rid of our own inferiority complexes and become a proud nation. Now, we only look civilised because of clothes. In nature, we are very far away. This Fred Mmembe case and Sata's protecting him is an eye opener for me.

Thank you Fuso.
Qualified

Postby check mate » 17th May 2012, 08:43

Wow, and I thought that I was a bad liar.

Poor fellow, the quality of your writing tells me that you are firmly in Zambia and insulting the intelligence of the readers trying to make out that you are outside Zed.

A zedian investing in Zed has nothing to do with the current political situation. I have not seen any ntemba shut down (exept the jilijili manufacturers).

Making apple cider from oranges is not wise. Last check people in Zed are still eating, drinking, building and making merry. No polically motivated or linked assasinations, no road side bombs, no spear chucking. We still have whites and indians around. When you see those two guys taking off, then know that sh*t has hit the fan* and its time to duck and run! Nothing of sorts yet!
check mate

Postby serendipity » 20th May 2012, 09:24

Spot on!Check Mate
serendipity

Postby Qualified » 20th May 2012, 15:08

Dear Checkmate,
I actually like what you have written. Frank and good analysis of the market. But you are wrong when you say I am in Zed. That however, doesnt matter, as its got nothing to do with business environment. Thanks for your input, although I am not certain that you know that actually have given a good reply. I like it. Thanks.
Qualified

Postby Abroader » 21st May 2012, 21:09

check mate wrote :
> Wow, and I thought that I was a bad liar.
>
> Poor fellow, the quality of your writing tells me that you are firmly in
> Zambia and insulting the intelligence of the readers trying to make out
> that you are outside Zed.

oh checkmate,
you haven't travelled much, have you? You seem to think that the moment one leaves the Zambian soil, their english grammar receives a magical dosage of perfection. Poor fellow you. Wake up, mwana. One's residence in europe or america ain't worth shit.
Abroader

Return to Roads & Traffic (Road quality, traffics lights, etc.)