Boycott Post Newspaper

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

Boycott Post Newspaper

Postby Qualified » 17th May 2012, 03:34

Dear Zambia,
We are such a Banana Republic! We are so funny people. Thge world is laughing at us. Just consider these:

1. Fred Mmembe and his friends steals 14 Billion Kwacha
2. Fred helps Sata to come to power
3. Sata throws out the judges who passed judgement against Fred
4. Sata imports a judge from Malawi to investigate the judges who passed judgement against Fred Mmembe.

WHY YOU GUYS ARE STILL READING POST NEWSPAPER?????????????

We are so selfish that we will only talk. If I would have been in Zambia, the first thing that I would have done is to stop patronising Post News Paper. I would have stopped buying it. The fellow (Fred) has aleady stolen K14 Billion. Why should I pay him another K4,000 every day.

Shame!
Qualified

Re: Boycott Post Newspaper

Postby G » 17th May 2012, 03:47

Mr Q,
You have every right to boycott the Post. But don't insult other people's intelligence.Every Don knows what's best for them. If someone has his own reason to read thePost, don't patronize him with your foregone conclusions and your innuendoes.
G

Postby The Shootist! » 17th May 2012, 06:58

Ba Qualified u sound like my former neighbour Ala Bee. How are the lectures going at Boston University? Anyway, let me finish reading my POST Newspaper will talk to you later...but meantime you can be reading the rubbish newsite like Zambian Watchdog.
The Shootist!

Postby Qualified » 17th May 2012, 08:03

Respected G,
Close your eyes and then dream. It will develop Zambia automatically and surely. Best wishes!
Qualified

Postby Qualified » 17th May 2012, 08:06

Dear Shootist!
If you have finished reading the Post, then you have acquired all the knowledge. You don't need to know anything else that the others know. Best wishes to you too!
Qualified

Postby Twag » 17th May 2012, 08:41

Hmm Qualified are you an agent ? anti-press freedom , if Ba Fred borrowed money so what ? they will pay the 14bn , beleive me.
Twag

Postby igno » 17th May 2012, 09:11

I'm behind on this news. Were they actually convicted of stealing 14 billion? Someone please update me.
igno

Postby Chimbwii » 17th May 2012, 09:14

Qualified
Post sales have actually gone down, evident by the high number of copies being returned. To expect the whole country to stop buying post is a tall order. We have a new kid on the block, The Daily Nation. What are you qualified in any way.
Chimbwii

Postby Guest » 17th May 2012, 11:18

Chimbwii,
I am just Qualified, an unfortunate Zambian, who has left Zambia many years ago. I now come to Zambia only as a visitor, but I keep watching my motherland from far.

Good to know that sales of Post newspaper has gone down. This will at least slow down spreading of disinformation by Fred.

Postby Qualified » 17th May 2012, 11:21

There was nothing wrong if Fred borrowed 14 Billion. But everything is wrong, if a President fires the Judges, because Fred was asked to pay back the money. The smell is too strong.

No I am not an agent. Just a common Zambian staying very far from Zambia.
Qualified

Postby Fred is a back stabber » 17th May 2012, 15:14

The Post is full of contradictions.

You only need to go back a few weeks and see what was said about the current fuel problem.
Fred is trying his best to run Sata's ideas but he is failing miserably.

The Post is K3000 worth of rubbish daily.

GOOD POINT ON IGNORING IT FROM NOW ONWARDS.
STOP FRED FROM BEING ABLE TO PAY BACK THE 14BILLION HE OWES ALONG WITH HIS TWO COHORTS IN CRIME.
LET HIM SELL SOME CARS AND HOUSES.

HE PAYS HIS STAFF WAGES SIMILAR TO MAIDS AND GARDEN BOYS.
Fred is a back stabber

Postby Fred is a back stabber » 17th May 2012, 15:15

Oh Micheal, Oh Micheal said Fred!

It gets irritating reading how Fred licks Sata's Butt daily.
Fred is a back stabber

Postby Koloko » 17th May 2012, 17:09

Qualified,

you sound terrified by the Post. Why? What are you afraid of? Would you rather us go back to the days of ToZ and DM and ZBS, when everyone sang kaunda wamuyaya?
Koloko

Postby Aplomb » 17th May 2012, 19:59

Dear Qualified,

Let me finish reading my The Post copy. I will get back to you.
Aplomb

Postby Aplomb » 17th May 2012, 20:05

Dear Qualified,

here's my recommendation from The Post, for your reading pleasure. A photo with the following caption:

"Muvi TV's Banja actress Monde Daka (Mai Busa) challenges Nigerian star Desmond Elliot to a dance during a performance by Nomakanjani dance troupe at the launch of MultiChoice's additional Africa Magic channels at Southern Sun Ridgeway Hotel on Saturday night - Picture by Joseph Mwenda"

Enjoy!
Aplomb

Postby Woro » 18th May 2012, 07:54

I feel The Post has become very hypocritical, blowing with the wind. Any intelligent person would definately understand what Fred M'membe is doing, it is unfortunate that a country like ours doesn't have a daily publication that can keep checks & balances on the issues affecting the country at large. I for one have definately stopped reading The Post but who am i to stop anyone from reading it, so long we remain a country of 'Every man for himself, God for us all.' I mean the whole Zambian Airways stunk from inception, why do you think M'membe never liked RB? What is borrowed should be returned, no two way about it. This man will, if not kept in check, cause the government a lot of damage.
Woro

Postby Ha! » 18th May 2012, 08:52

Herein lies the after effects of a one party state and goverment regulation of the media and freedom of expression. I am assuming all who have bothered to read or comment on this thread were born prior to 1991 , only then will you have any appreciation of what i have just said !
A paper is run by human beings who like the res of us have opinions and though guided by one form of ethics or social responsibility they remain like the rest of us programmable to a school of thought,political or religious affiliation or social trends.

Newspapers/news are like what they say about advice , take it with a pinch of salt sift out the nonsense or otherwise discard it all its up to you. I must hasten to say it remains paramount that pres freedom is furtherdeveloped and this largely lies with the private media which can only grow if they have money, so buy richard sakala's news paper, subscribe to muvi tv also, the quality of our local products, services or goods have you been patriotic and helped by buying zambian ?

N.B i saw chanda ,aka chimbwii in Pick N Pay yesterday zambia has changed mweeh , i sometimes miss the days of UNIP youth league and the partys junta ! *fyola* :)
Ha!

Postby Boycott my A$$ » 18th May 2012, 08:53

Great job adverts in the Post of late...now where is yesterday's copy? Didn't finish reading it.
Boycott my A$$

Postby Champion » 18th May 2012, 12:05

The issue is not to boycott the Post and if you do. What then? The alternatives are equally pathetic. Yesterday one online publication ran a story on the International Commission of Jurists which was clearly false. I challenged them but they deleted my comments. The same story has now been removed from the website, no explanation, no apology.
The bottom line is that our journalists (in private or public media) are just sub-standard. The level of research that goes into the media stories and articles leaves a lot to be desired. I will not comment on the standard of the language...
Therefore, we will continue reading the Post because it is the closest we have to a proper media publication.
Champion

Next Page

Return to Roads & Traffic (Road quality, traffics lights, etc.)