Boycott Post Newspaper

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

Re: Boycott Post Newspaper

Postby Joseph Sakhar » 18th May 2012, 12:42

Indeed, Fred M'membe is hypocritical. The way he licks the President's butt daily in his editorials is nauseating. Oh Michael this Michael that, hail Micahel, Michael this, oh Michael that. Shut up! Aren't you the one who nicknamed him Ukwa and called him all sorts of bad names when it suited you? Suddenly he is an angel? There can only be one reason, seeking personal benefits.
Joseph Sakhar

Postby Bamwine » 18th May 2012, 14:33

I stopped buying and is reading less of Fred Mmembe's Post a long time ago. He is a proud and dishonest person who takes Zambians for granted. He figures he's got the state machinery in his pocket now. His number 2 is PS for information whilst Mutembo, his co-editor and business partner is sitting pretty up there.

Let's send a message - don't buy the Post every Friday! Its his last source of income after him and nchito failed to run an airline.

I SAY BOYCOTT THE POST NEWSPAPER! THEY HAVE NO NEWS ANYMORE ANYMORE!
Bamwine

Postby Mohanty » 18th May 2012, 14:35

I stopped buying and reading less of Fred Mmembe's Post Newspaper a long time ago. He is a proud and dishonest person who takes Zambians for granted. He figures he's got the state machinery in his pocket now. His number two is now PS for information whilst Mutembo, his co-editor and business partner is sitting pretty up there.

Let's send a message - don't buy the Post every Friday! Its his last source of income after him and nchito failed to run an airline.

I SAY BOYCOTT THE POST NEWSPAPER! THEY HAVE NO NEWS ANYMORE ANYWAY!
Mohanty

Postby MMC Chilebabes... » 18th May 2012, 14:38

Dear Mr Qualified,
I can confirdantely say to you that your compaign against the POST NEWSPAPER cant work my friend, the post is doing a good job in the country. The sales can go down but the company has made alot of money of now they re not only operating in media but other busineses as well, am sure they will cut there costs by reducing the number of copies for the public. How many papers have come & gone but POST still here? Lets just appreciate the good work, too bad your efforts will not make any impact as you re not in the country & contribute nothing for the success of the POST NEWSPAPER.
Fred M'membe & Nchito did not borrow that K14bln but they borrowed it on behalf of the POST NEWSPAPER & ZAMBIAN AIRWAYS as companies not individuals. So to me it was wrong for the judge to order M'membe & Nchito to pay that money when its the companies they represented which used that money. Even the business entity concept does not agree to the judgement by the judge.
MMC Chilebabes...

Postby Slumdog Shalapungu » 18th May 2012, 19:37

Why not boycott yourself rather than expect people to boycott for your own reasons. You are doing the same thing you accuse member of doing , why should anyone listen to you and not mmembe?
Slumdog Shalapungu

Postby Qualified » 21st May 2012, 13:23

Slumdog Shalapungu
Dont listen to me please! This post was not meant for you. Listen to Mmembe. He needs people like you. He is fast losing support because he is playing with the country for his own benefit. Stay with him please. Because you wont get another job anywhere else.
Qualified

Postby Tomcard » 21st May 2012, 14:48

so what do you suggest we read once we go ahead with your boycott, used toilet paper?
Tomcard

Postby Slumdog Shalapungu » 21st May 2012, 14:51

I think this idea of fast losing support is something that you have created in your own mind to make yourself feel better. I think you thought somehow your pathetic attempt to rally some keyboard rebellion has failed. lets look at this way you are some nobody on dearzambia while he has probably one of the most visited zambian sites in the world. I think you should read MMC chilebabes because you seem not to know how businesses and individuals are different, ever heard of a corporate personality. I think you are one of these self appointed none important people who read these zambian online blogs and somehow you think you have a valid opinion. Instead of critically accessing the facts you emotionally get involved in some imaginary mob which frankly has probably two or three disgruntled sad individuals trying to compensate for their failures in life .Mmembe has contributed far more to the country that your whole family tree will ever do in 500 years. Yes mmembe has lost support from a few bloggers in the diaspora who are worth as much as the sweat of a hogs back and probably never bought a hard copy in years. Now lets look at cause and effect, you have posted on dearzambia for people to boycott and how many have boycotted? exactly thats how unimportant and insignificant you really are
Slumdog Shalapungu

Postby Joseph Sakhar » 21st May 2012, 15:40

I say boycotting reading The Post is not exactly a good idea, but not for the same reason as the PF bootlickers. You need to know your enemy inside out if you will challenge them. Please read every page (perhaps except the monotonous editorial which always starts with 'Michael this' and ends with 'Michael that' if not 'Rupiah' or 'MMD'). In fact, if you have been reading The Post constistently, you will recall that Fred M'membe honestly thinks Mr Sata is a thug, a comedian of sorts and one who would never be president of Zambia.

But of course that is not known to some bloggers born yesterday and the older ones who decided not to read the paper.

Happy reading y'all.
Joseph Sakhar

Postby Qualified » 21st May 2012, 17:30

Slumdog Shalapungu,
You are mesmerized by Fred's wealth and frightened by his mafia power. Its not your fault. Most of us in Zambia fear people with wealth, and after some time, we get confused as to whether we fear them or respect them. Finally we settle for 'respect'. You have done the same. There are many others in Zambia who has contributed to the national economy. Fred is nothing special. So no need to bring your 'corporate' thought into this. By making a personal attack on me, with the street like expression, which you have surely learnt from Fred, you are only expressing your frustration and it also shows that you are not one of those who are capable of starting something, but you are one of those who just want to enjoy the fruit of efforts started by others. Doesnt matter. In every movement there are passengers. You are also welcome to be one of them. It doesnt matter if no one joins this. But that will not deter me from expressing what I want to express. Such is my strength. But you dont have that. So I wish you a good journey.
Qualified

Postby Reader » 21st May 2012, 17:51

Qualified my dear,

If you do not mind, please answer this question for me, in light of your recommendation to boycott The Post.

Which paper in Zambia today, would you recommend for me to be reading after I dump The Post?

If it's not too much trouble, I ask you recommend a paper I can read a hard copy, since I like to read my papers while munching on my morning roasted dry maize.
Reader

Postby Slumdog Shalapungu » 21st May 2012, 18:03

Qualified you know what I am really good at in my career? I'll tell you I am very good at picking peoples brains and analyzing their language. Here's a little secret what you say about me only tells me a lot about you. Funny you mention wealth when the only person in this whole thread that seems to be obsessed with it is you. You are the one with mmembe on your brain , you are the one talking about how much he pays his workers and you are the one that is putting energy into mmembe's finances online to people who care less. I asked you what effect have you achieved by your post ? name me 3 people who have boycotted ? Heres the conclusion , mmembe has passengers , you only have yourself as your own cheerleader begging for supporters for your own keyboard revolution which is a failure. Theres a saying hyena's notice lions and lions don't notice hyena's, show me where mmembe is talking about you like you are talking about him
Slumdog Shalapungu

Postby Kruza » 21st May 2012, 18:11

Shalapungu boyi,

what gives? did Mr. Qualified really raffle your feathers enough to force you to start giving your résumé? I never saw this side of you before, boyi. Try not to get too excited now, you hear me?
Kruza

Postby Osward » 22nd May 2012, 14:51

COLLEAGUES, BOYCOTTING LISTENING TO NEWS MAKES ONE EMPTY, AND OUR CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE POST NEWSPAPER DIES WITH OUR IGNORANCE.THE POST NEWSPAPER IS NOT JUST ABOUT EDITORIAL COMMENTS, OR PEOPLES' OPINIONS, BUT MANY OTHER VERY IMPORTANT ITEMS, WHICH POOR BEGGARS CAN BENEFIT FROM. WHY NOT CHECK OUT FOR A JOB ADVERT,SINCE YOU ARE A LOAFER! WHY NOT CHECK OUT FOR SMALL CLASSIFIED SINCE YOU ARE BUSINESS MINDED! WHY NOT GET ENTERTAINED ON SPORTS SINCE YOU ARE BORED GOSSIPING! WHY NOT READ FOREIGN NEWS, SINCE YOU HAVE A COMPLEX AGAINST YOUR OWN,OR JUST BREAK THE MONOTONY OF THE LOCALS, OR FOR HEAVENS SAKE, WHY NOT JUST START YOUR OWN PERIODICAL SO THAT SOME PEOPLE LIKE YOU CAN ALSO PLAN TO BOYCOTT READING IT! I BELIEVE THERE ARE MORE READERS FOR THE POST NEWSPAPER THAN NOT.
Osward

Postby Slumdog Shalapungu » 22nd May 2012, 15:20

Kruuza i am the most chilled put person on the planet, you are reading me wrong when i am putting the digital nkonyo down on this chaps cranium. I think the chap above with the caps lock hit the nail on the head. Its rather nearndathal to think just because you don't like someone personally then its upon you to take it upon yourself to rally an imaginary rally to boycott the post. I mean i have subscriptions to magazines like the economist, time , new african etc who post articles which are patronizing and that i don't agree with but I will never boycott them. theres no news organisation on this planet without an agenda or some sort of biased reporting. I think certain colonial mentalities are engrained in people where you think just because you read something in the paper then you are supposed to obey it like its an order. Journalists are there not to order you they are there to give opinions which you can or cannot agree with. The post by far is the best news publication on zambian soil, look at its competitors? Just type in the url for zambia daily mail and watch how a government funded website has so many trojans and viruses that will make your antivirus lose its marbles. Even basic grammar and command of english on the posts rivals is downright ridiculous for people that call themselves journalists
Slumdog Shalapungu

Postby resultant » 22nd May 2012, 15:44

Hey genius,

1. People will not stop buying the post beacuse organisations and individuals advertise in them
2. People will not stop buying the post because of the 'mind over matter' column
3. People will not stop buying the post because hype that it sells.

Apart from any evil schemes that you and a few others believe the post is involved in, the post is in business. They will do anything legal to make news and sell their papers. Like all other people vending any product they do what they have to do to make their cash register ring.

Hypothtically, if one wanted to hurt a newspaper such a person or group would, hypothetically, have to provide to the people the contents of such a newspaper for free to people.

Possibly one could scan the paper in sections and post it for free on the site on a daily basis.

Telling anyone not to read a paper that is a contact to employers is foolishness.
resultant

Postby Qualified » 22nd May 2012, 16:54

Dear All,
I have achieved what I wanted to. I have excited nerves with this subject. No offence. Well done , all of you.
Qualified

Postby speculum » 22nd May 2012, 17:33

Stop lying, you have simply punked out.

Your idea was absurd and you have no defense.
speculum

Postby Nkonyo » 22nd May 2012, 17:53

speculum

if you ask me, Qualified is a bit of a pussy
Nkonyo

Postby Jumper Cable Mbewe » 22nd May 2012, 23:59

Boycott my A$$ wrote :
> Great job adverts in the Post of late...now where is yesterday's copy?
> Didn't finish reading it.

Dear Mr. A$$,

I like your foul, nasty attitude and your eagerness to shit all over Qualified's suggestion. way to go!
Jumper Cable Mbewe

Previous Page Next Page

Return to Roads & Traffic (Road quality, traffics lights, etc.)