MTN thieves

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

MTN thieves

Postby Angry Bill payer » 23rd May 2012, 18:49

Dear Zambia,

Can someone please help me with the head office number for MTN? I am abroad and cannot call using their customer care line and the number on their website rings until kingdom comes.

I posted here some time back asking if anyone was experiencing credit mysteriously disappearing or been charged for an outgoing call ringing, when it is not actually even connecting. Got my bill today and I am been billed K145pin for calls that never even attempted to connect in the last week or so. I am not a cheapskate and donot mind paying that if I am actually speaking to someone but MTN have pocketed that money for nothing. That is a small amount for them obviously but they must be doing this on a big scale and making a healthy profit from this sharp practice.

I am hoping mad!! These networks need to keep those sharp practices in India or where ever it is they come from. Nonsense! It is like someone eating masuku off the basket on your head!
Angry Bill payer

Re: MTN thieves

Postby Kochi » 23rd May 2012, 22:13

Angry Bill payer,

I'm not here to help you. I'm here for an education. If you are abroad, why do you need a Zambian courier to make your phone calls?

In my younger days, I too spent a week or so abroad. I do not recall having to beg any Zambian phone courier to make calls from abroad to Zambia.
Kochi

Postby Angry Bill payer » 23rd May 2012, 23:05

What do you mean? Sorry I am lost.

I am simply asking for someone to help me with the phone number or better still a contact person at MTN as I have had enough of these clever tactics of theirs. They have a number on their site that is never answered. I live abroad and still have family I need to communicate with on a regular basis - who use MTN. The said bill is how much my phone provider, Virgin,has charged me for these calls that never connect and it cant be a problem with Virgin as my mobile network has the same issue. it is so bad I do not even use my mobile anymore as a counter starts(charging me) after many seconds of silence and am charged for this phantom ring.
Angry Bill payer

Postby Kochi » 23rd May 2012, 23:18

honorable one,
sorry, my mistake. I misunderstood. I thought you were calling MTN as your service provider. My apologies.

As I said anyway, I'm of no help. I wish I could give any useful tip but I'm blind as a bat.
Kochi

Return to Roads & Traffic (Road quality, traffics lights, etc.)