PLEASE HELP! I've forgotten how to make a Chip Chop

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

PLEASE HELP! I've forgotten how to make a Chip Chop

Postby Meh » 29th June 2012, 23:37

Dear Zambia,

The Chip Chop, the staple paper game of girls across Zambia. I've forgotten how to make one. Could someone PLEASE send me pics of a step-by-step guide of how to make one. It has been 11 years since I've crafted a Chip Chop.

I'm aware that this game probably originated in East Asia and has a number of variations across the Globe but I only know it by its Zambian name. Help me please :-(
Meh

Re: PLEASE HELP! I've forgotten how to make a Chip Chop

Postby Meh » 29th June 2012, 23:46

Actually, it's pretty simple...I just had to be in front of a piece of paper for my memory to kick in. False alarm Homies.

I am sorry for wasting your time :-(
Meh

Postby Spana » 29th June 2012, 23:47

Meh my dear!

I was getting ready to jump to the rescue when I realized I don't know what a chip chop is:))

sorry. But I will stay tuned. Maybe I will learn one more paper trick here.
Spana

Postby Spana » 29th June 2012, 23:49

iwe naughty Meh iwe!

ok, then give us the lowdown. How do you make this chip chop ka thing?? Maybe I can surprise a niece of mine
Spana

Postby Meh » 30th June 2012, 00:51

Spana,

The 'Chip Chop' is a paper game that me and friends used to play in Primary School in Zed (and sometimes in Secondary school), circa 1993 to 2003.

Basically, you take an A4 piece, of paper (colour of your choice). Then you proceed to take a corner and fold down so that it makes a 90 degree triangle, GCSE pie wise. Repeat this process on the other side. Take the rest of your A4 piece of paper and fold it to just meet the other 2 folded pieces of paper (the 2 pieces of paper which form a 2D Pyramid).

Then fold IN the top 4 slices of the pyramid, followed by the bottom 2 corners (left and right) and then take the remaining pyramids in...this is as far as I c an go. I don't know how to explain the rest.

I tried.

As you can tell by now, I'm rubbish at explanations.
Meh

Postby Spana » 30th June 2012, 01:00

Okay Meh dear, I think I will go and build a rocket to fly to outer space now. It could be much easier:))
Spana

Postby Meh » 30th June 2012, 01:15

You're right. It would :-(.

Bloody Origami hey.

I'm going to persevere though...the Chip Chop will Be mine!!!

*Cue me in the rain, kneeling over the body of my friend who failed to master Chip Chop and subsequently died. Me: "NNNOOOOOOOOUUUUUUI! Fi heedyat if only you mastered your paper skills"*

Point being? If Zed lighties were taught paper skills. They would be paper benders...Get it?....Avatar peeps?
Meh

Postby Spana » 30th June 2012, 01:26

Meh,

you are starting to make too much sense for me:)

Origami is art and a serious mind game. I think. Zambian tradition has gravitated more toward practical arts. Like basket making or woodwork etc. Although we do have art with those beads, just for art's sake. So maybe you are right. Maybe it can take root in Zambia. it would be a positive thing for sure. it could even help produce some Zambian 'Steve Jobs'.
Spana

Return to Roads & Traffic (Road quality, traffics lights, etc.)