POST COMMENTARY TOO HOLIER-THAN-THOU

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

POST COMMENTARY TOO HOLIER-THAN-THOU

Postby Huh?!? » 11th August 2012, 12:03

Dear Zambia,

Just when i was enjoying the Comment's page in the Post newspaper of Friday August 10th than i got a sickening feeling in my gut.
I totally concured with the writer's take on the HH situation (tsk tsk HH), up untill they started sounding way too holier than thou.

Yes, its not right to tell lies.Period. The bible says so and morally, every single person knows this. However, its inconcievable for the writer to put themselves on a soap box and act as judge and jury against the man. In my opinion, the writer sounded waaay too santimonious for my taste, and the quoting of scripture for one's on purposes is seriously starting to get to me. I thought the editorial is suppossed to be objective and unbiased? Give the reader an opportunity to come to their own conclusion without conveniently reaching for the bible to drive the point home.

I guess im getting a little too pissed off at this new trend where even the most shadiest of characters is quoting scripture at the drop of a hat to suit their purposes. A case in point is a work mate who is known for his "unfailing " devotion to God and his church and yet is always the first person to spread malicious gossip around the office corridors; brown noses his way up the corprate ladder while throwing people "under the bus", sniffs at peoples choices of life and judges everybody while quoting scripture!

All im saying is, lets have our own opinions without misquoting what God is teaching us through the bible by tossing out verses at our convenience.
Huh?!?

Return to Roads & Traffic (Road quality, traffics lights, etc.)