using cell phones when driving

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

using cell phones when driving

Postby Tabo Sinwene » 18th October 2010, 12:19

Dear Zambia,
Please watch the Oprah Winfrey show and this research should be shown and posted ALL OVER so that people can see how dangerous it is to call, answer and text while driving......

PLEASE tell authorities this must be shown all the time, and people should be made aware post bill boards with NO PHONE ZONE in your car.

Thank-you.

Tabo
Tabo Sinwene

Re: using cell phones when driving

Postby Cindy » 18th October 2010, 12:45

Tabo,
Thumbs up! We don't just learn! I missed that Oprah piece though! All, just pay attention when a motorist driving along side of you, or anywhere within your view is also talking on the phone. It's clear they have lost driving focus as their car will occupy two lanes, or they will not notice a car overtaking them and take caution so honks will sound! Let alone join into a road when they should be giving way! I've been guilty of such before, but have since stopped picking cell phone while driving, it SURELY IS DANGEROUS to oneself and all other road users and one can never be careful enough. You can also actually just get caught up in accidents caused by other people but you could have avoided if you had concentrated on your driving.Let us all just wise up; either we wait til we reach our destination or we stop and park to talk. I look forward to seeing RTSA enforce even firmer rules to this offence.
Cindy

Re: using cell phones when driving

Postby Pepe » 19th October 2010, 01:23

aah Cindy, I knew you had some good brains. An Oprah fan, I see :P

Say what you may about her fatness, her ability to eat like there's no tomorrow, her rocky romances, whatever. But that fat mama can teach us a thing or two.

Yes many studies have shown that the cognitive abilities of a driver on the phone are worse than a driver who is drunk. I can spot a driver who is on the phone from a mile away. You can just tell by the delayed reaction to every move. One of the worst is if you are waiting at a red arrow and there's a driver in front of you who is on the phone. The arrow turns greens and they are still chatting away. Then the last minute they go, but by then it is too late for you who was behind them. Makes me mad!! :x
Pepe

Return to Roads & Traffic (Road quality, traffics lights, etc.)