The state of traffic lights in Kitwe

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

The state of traffic lights in Kitwe

Postby papa » 20th October 2010, 15:26

Dear Zambia,

The state of our traffic lights kitwe is a sorry sight.Most of them are either broken or not working on the side.Kitwe city council should do something otherwise it has become a serious danger to the motorist ,but i doubt especially that we have a town clerk whose been in office for over a decade.Dear Zambia,
papa

Re: The state of traffic lights in Kitwe

Postby The Oracle » 20th October 2010, 16:48

Papa,

I am happy that you have brought up an issue that is close to heart with Kitwe residents. I cant believe that up until now we have traffic lights that were installed over 20 years ago and are subjected using household bulbs nowadays. Im so sure that these traffic lights have been here for (just) as long as our town clerck (colonial times) who doesnt seem to mind that his town looks like its from the dark ages. I recently even noticed two accidents due to these defunct traffic lights.

As if thats not enough, our council last week decides to mark independence avenue( Chingola rd ) after light years just because the head of state had to use it on his way to Chimwemwe market, Iam even assuming they used PVC paints from Chisokone Market instead of reflective road paint. It is a shame.

I really wish he would have used Chibuluma road or branched off and used Chiwala road just to see how pathetic the road network is in Kitwe.

Needless to say, when people using these same roads( residents ) complain and actually put the authorities to task, they are arrested and slapped with weird sounding sentences.

Kitwe City Council needs to pull up their socks and learn a thing or two from other towns ( please visit Lusaka ) and have a serious Town Clerk concerned with developing the town and not only proud of mushrooming bars...

Dissapointed Kitwe Resident
The Oracle

Return to Roads & Traffic (Road quality, traffics lights, etc.)