Our Planers... Our City...

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

Our Planers... Our City...

Postby Banda Justice » 12th July 2014, 09:08

Dear Zambia,

Let me take this platform to communicate to RDA.
I am sure as core city planners, certain issues have to be corrected for the future of our country...
You people are in those offices to work and I believe you're better qualified for those duties you're rendering to people.

This is a serious concern of the works which are being done in our country... You people so called engineers have failed our country...
My concerns are:
1)The roads you are expanding to 4 lanes must at least have an island, Eng. Chiwala doesn't know a dual carriage way and a 4 lanes road.
2) The newly constructed drainages along Zambezi Rd are a total mess, it doesn't need an engineer to see that those drainages cannot drain the road. Eng Chiwala claims works are being followed closely...
3) Those drainages along Katima Mulilo road which are being constructed should be stalled effective immediately, as that type of planning bwana is to take us no where... those drainages are too close to the road, that road has a lot of space and will need expansions soon, & what of if a vehicle has break down, it will remain in the road... The drainages along katima Mulilo road should have been done a distance away, so that when need of expanding arise, no money will be lost by destroying that drainages, like a portion of Burma road, the contractor is expanding the road within the existing drainages...
Please help us build Zambia, where are our councillors, don't go to sleep bwana councillors during the planning stage of the projects... you don't need to be engineers to note certain issues... For example Zambezi road in N'gombe, that full length of the road enclosed with curb stones was well done but completely without a single bus stopDear Zambia,
Banda Justice

Re: Our Planers... Our City...

Postby Ka Gelo » 23rd July 2014, 16:38

Do we even have planners?
Ka Gelo

Re: Our Planers... Our City...

Postby Kandolo » 23rd July 2014, 18:14

Ka Gelo,
You and me both. I'm utterly shocked by Mr. Banda's revelation that we have planners. All this time I just assumed that our city has been build randomly without so much as a blue-print for any building.
Kandolo

Return to Roads & Traffic (Road quality, traffics lights, etc.)