RTSA BREATHELISERS

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

Re: RTSA BREATHELISERS

Postby Boozer » 5th November 2010, 19:21

how much blood is in your alcohol these days, Boozer?

hehehe! good one, Bee.

I am not a puritan. I am no saint and I am not one of those nut jobs who claims my body is a temple so I cannot contaminate it with booze. No, not me. I like my booze. I can abstain from booze for weeks or even months when duty calls.

Sometimes you have to take care of business where booze does not fit in. But when I don't have to drive and I can sit in the comfort of my home, I booze up. Not stumble bum boozing, but just to the right point where I am telling tall tales and laughing my tail off like a monkey sitting on top of a mountain of bananas.

There is really no excuse for boozing and driving. I hope Cinzano and other boozers out there understand the seriousness of this issue. You can enjoy booze without endangering other people by getting behind the wheel of a car while boozed. And forget about measuring that booze in teaspoon fulls or whatever. No amount of booze is too small.
Boozer

Postby Boozer » 5th November 2010, 23:35

Distinguished honorable Cinzano,

I am counting on you now. Don't let me down, you hear?

Remember when it comes to drinking and driving, the best number is Zero. Zero booze, no more. If you obey this simple rule, you will save society a whole lot of heartache and you will spare yourself and have many many years to enjoy booze at home surrounded by mini-Cinzanos and mini-mini-Cinzanos after that. God willing, some of those minis will be drivers and not boozers. So they can give you a lift around town if you need to hook up from fellow boozers from yester years.

Invest in your future, my friend. Don't even think about driving that car even after a glass of booze. Remember mini-Cinzanos are also counting on you to keep your wits about you. Don't do anything stupid like drink and drive ever again, OK?
Boozer

Postby Bodilo » 6th November 2010, 04:14

Dear MUZUNGU:

You wrote and I quote: "BA SLY. ARE U A MUZUNGU? I AM FALLING IN LOVE WITH U? U MAKE A LOT OF SENCE."

Later you indicated you meant that as a joke. But your bad spelling aside, don't you think it's a bad joke for a Muzungu to suggest he suspects another contributor to be a muzungu because he makes a lot of sense? The implied meaning is that non-Muzungus usually don't make much sense.

Maybe you need a lesson in humor. I can give you a crash course in humor right here right now. Some of the best humor is self deprecating. This is the act of belittling or undervaluing oneself. That makes the best humor. Not insulting other people or people who are not like you. That kind of humor can easily land you in some hot soup.
Bodilo

Postby Shikulu Musonda » 6th November 2010, 12:58

DONT DRINK AND DRIVE.PERIOD.
MWINWA NOKWENSHA.CHAPWA.
OSAMWA NAKUYENSA.KWASILA.
I HAVE FORGOTEN SPANNISH.FINITO.
Shikulu Musonda

Postby Paundi » 7th November 2010, 08:35

Tell them, brother Musonda. Tell them so they hear good. Some of these chakolwas think they are cleverer than they actually are. In fact, all those chakolwas who think they are so full of themselves they should try visit the UTH emergency room where traffic accident victims lay in comatose. With their family members waiting to hear the final word of demise. So many of traffic accident are caused by drunk drivers.
Paundi

Postby Cindy » 8th November 2010, 09:55

Ba MUZUNGU ba NELI,

...and you claim you can advocate the anti-racism? Drooling over a black girl who you pass for your fellow muzungu just because she writes to your fancy and you think she is clever and hence may be white?...because us, black people vividly write black? Now that she tells you she aint muzungu? Ehehe... think intelligently before you post.
Cindy

Postby Miles Finch » 8th November 2010, 12:20

Muzungu happens to be a lady in her 40's and from what i gather she has been through alot. i also think that she has been misunderstood because english is not her first language. Cut her some slack people.
Miles Finch

Postby Cindy » 8th November 2010, 15:10

Ok Mr Miles, I for one have heard you.

May I ask what befell MUZUNGU, though? Coz death of a loved one, we've all been through; divorce, not new word in the dictionary; in-laws from hell? Common place! Racist looks and remarks? Unless you've not travelled. But if she was battered by my black bro? Hell no there is no excuse for beating up a woman, I will stand by her!
Cindy

Postby Tired Zambian » 8th November 2010, 15:57

Cinzano...please do not get upset, i think the above are just trying to have fun with you :)
as far as i know, as Sanni says, the legal limit is 0.08 (which is about a glass of wine) BUT this can vary because:
a) if you consume food, the effects of alcohol can be reduced (reduced not completely eradicated)
b) the type of alcohol consumed (wine for instance, has a higher alcohol content)
c) the cop who catches you (see below)

there is a leeway which the cops do not tell you about...for instance, if the speed limit is 65km/h, and you are caught doing 68km/h, you are not liable for a fine BECAUSE of the 5km/h leeway. this is because not ALL vehicles and speed detectors are calibrated at the same machine. a benz may show its speed as 65km/h but a nissan may show its speed as 63km/h even though they are both doing 68km/h.

hope you get my point and do not let your blood pressure go up because of our comments :)
Tired Zambian

Postby Cinzano » 8th November 2010, 16:09

Ok TZ thanks... Excuse my language to Mr. Boozer, he upset me and I tried to use guy language on him. I'm a responsible girl, otherwise I wouldn't have started this topic.

Thanks TZ, I always get the best advice from you, especially on road usage and safety! Thanks and mwaah!
Cinzano

Postby Boozer » 8th November 2010, 18:06

Cinzano dear one, welcome back to earth!

I see you are still alive which means you been a good driver. No boozing and driving.
Boozer

Previous Page

Return to Roads & Traffic (Road quality, traffics lights, etc.)