SOME ZAMBIANS ATTITUDE AGAINST FELLOW ZAMBIANS (BLACKS)

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

SOME ZAMBIANS ATTITUDE AGAINST FELLOW ZAMBIANS (BLACKS)

Postby Ba Pettie » 16th August 2011, 15:03

Dear Zambia,

I' am 100% grateful for this wonderful forum;to be able to inform Zambia of so many issues that go unnoticed in our country is absolutely fantastic.
I was dismayed some time in the recent past when I visited one Tele-Communications service provider to follow up an old debt.
As i approached the reception area a lady there was about to welcome me when suddenly a group of whites (bazungu) appeared.To my surprise the lady stopped talking to me and turned her attention to the whites.

I was left wondering what that was all about. What do you call this? is this a kind of racism of black against black or what?
Ba Pettie

Re: SOME ZAMBIANS ATTITUDE AGAINST FELLOW ZAMBIANS (BLACKS)

Postby Disgusted » 16th August 2011, 15:39

My countrymate, it is not just attitude towards white people being very apt and gracious but rather it is the level of education of some of our sisters. Each time you venture out to an eating joint you will see how these ill educated poverty stricken sisters will behave towards a humble looking client. They will ignore the client and when they decide to finally attend to him/her, the order will be equally delayed. My child made me laugh when she commented about how shallow the young ladies are especially at Kabulonga Mall and this is a 10 year old who noticed how misguided the chaps are!
Disgusted

Postby Masauso » 16th August 2011, 18:11

Every time I hear such stories I remember the one told by one girl on this very forum. She had a white friend who worked in the Peace Corps. Like many Peace Corps young people, this friend of hers was broke. But every time this Zambian girl would treat her white friend to dinner or something, the waiters treated the broke white girl as if she was the one who is loaded. It was hilarious but also very very sad.
Masauso

Postby Inferiority Complex » 16th August 2011, 23:15

You know these stories may be true most of the time, but also a lot of the time they are nothing more than a figment of one's imagination. It's as if we go to these places wishing to receive bad service and when that happens, we immediately reach out into our preconceived notions and pull out the colour card. I remember an example on this website of Mint Cafe where one woman from group of black clients made a raucous in front of everyone there, insisting that the table next to them was being served and they were being delayed deliberately because of their table being black and the other being white. So out came the manager, who calmly (but shocked at the suggestion of racism) said "Sorry madam, we're trying our best to keep up but the chef in the kitchen does not know which slips belongs to white customers and which ones belong to black customers. The whole table became quiet and she was the one who actually looked like a fool there.

Moral of the story; don't be too quick to judge for you might end up looking like an idiot.
Inferiority Complex

Postby Kalongo » 16th August 2011, 23:30

Inferiority Complex

I'm with you 100%. Sometimes it helps to pause before you pull that race card. I will not point fingers at anyone except myself.

So here I am at a self-serve gas station. I'm trying to pump gas into my car but to no avail. I kept pressing the inter-com button to get the attendant's attention. I was screaming into the intercom but no help was forthcoming. Then I saw one white lady speak into her intercom and the attendant answered her right away. Then another white dude came along and same thing. I was like, this is it. That attendant in there is going to pay for his racist behavior. I stormed into the gas station building and started to raise hell. The black attendant politely walked outside and pointed at the big sign at the gas pump I was trying to use. It read "pump and intercom broken".

I felt quite foolish, I can tell you that.
Kalongo

Postby Allan » 17th August 2011, 08:02

Black zambians are just a problem,good example is shoprite Mufulira. Go there and if you are black you will treated like crap.
Allan

Postby Freakazoid » 17th August 2011, 12:39

Are there any whites left in Mufulira???When i was last there i didnt see any
Freakazoid

Postby Disgusted » 17th August 2011, 15:26

Go to the mines and you will see the top management boys are from SA-white. Visit other mining contracting companies with headquarters in SA, you will find senior boys are white!
Disgusted

Postby black muzungu » 15th November 2011, 10:07

the truth is that black pipo think that only whites are pipo and to hell with the other races. facts are if you happen to go to a european country you will not even be noticed or treated like a person but a a black piece of shit.
i had a similar exprience at a roadblock. i was driving and reached a roadblock the ka cop asked me for my licence and i had a paper(temporary licence which had over 10 renewal stamps) as RTSA hadnt yet printed mine so when i gave it to the lady officer she said we dont allow this we need a card, and told me to park. To my surprise as i was waiting to see what happens next a white man driving a toyota hi lux of foreign number plate was stopped , his horn was not working and only one headlamp was working but he was told to pass and have them repaired. i being Zambian had a tough time explaining to the cops who was more of a danger amoung the muzungu and i ? all i got was a threat to be arrested . i just had to transfer my case to the police station and i didnt win there either until i had to use my influence at the police head quarters in lusaka. i learnt that we blacks lick whites asses in our own country! wake up idiots!
black muzungu

Postby bushmaster » 15th November 2011, 15:18

there is a barman at KK international airport who serve whites first before his fellow africans. The idiot ignored me although i got to the bar at least 5 minutes before a muzungu appeared, then that idiot of a barman instantly asked the muzungu what she wanted although she found me waiting to be served. The muzungu was embarassed and excused herself for not intending to 'jump the line' Someone have to teach those idiots how to respect their own race.
bushmaster

Postby Koloboyi » 15th November 2011, 18:55

Bushmaster

I'm not a religious fanatic, but have you considered the possibility that your experience is God's subtle way of telling you to quit the booze?

My momma always says God works in mysterious ways. Maybe the so called idiot of a barman at KK international is actually an angel from heaven. God's own messenger, delivering a message from God to Bushmaster. I'm just saying...
Koloboyi

Postby Afreakan » 15th November 2011, 20:04

@ koloboyi, not everyone who sits in that bar at the airport have to drink alcohol, they sell water, soft drinks, crisps, coffee, tea and nuts!
Customer service to fellow Zambians in Zed is crap!
Afreakan

Postby Koloboyi » 15th November 2011, 21:05

Afreakan,

Thanks for the reminder. I have to admit, I forgot about them nuts.

Ok Afreakan, listen, please pardon me because I may sound like an apologist for rudeness but I'm really not. I'm simply trying to get to the bottom of this issue and see if perhaps there is a more rational explanation than simply Black customer service people licking muzungu's **s.

So please allow me to present my Kenyan friend Zedekeyo. Weird name, I know, but whatever. First time I went to a restaurant with Zedekeyo, I had to foot his portion of the tip because Zedekeyo had a slight tip comprehension problem. He totally did not understand the meaning of gratuity. I tried to explain to him but I failed. He could not get over the concept of paying for his meal and being expected to pay a little extra as gratuity to the waiter.

That's when I started thinking that maybe it's not such a brilliant idea for me to go dining with Zedekeyo anymore. His reputation of not tipping the waiters might precede him at any restaurant we may go and the waiters might be waiting to ambush us with a bad attitude and poor service.

So Afreakan, what do you think? Could this be the root cause of this Black on Black problem in Zambia? Maybe the Black Zambians have established a reputation of being either bad tippers or non tippers.
Koloboyi

Postby Koloboyi » 15th November 2011, 21:30

black muzungu wrote :

> facts are if you happen to go to a european country
> you will not even be noticed or treated like a person but a a black piece
> of shit.

Black Muzungu,
are you sure about your "facts"?? Some of us have also lived in a "european country" and have never been treated like a piece of shit.

I can tell you my one and only encounter with blatant racism in a "european country". I was jogging, one fine afternoon. I came to a red traffic light. I don't like to stop and go, stop and go when I'm jogging so what I do at a red light is to run in one place while I'm shadow boxing. One time I did that and some white lady in a car freaked out. She probably thought I was attacking her because I'm Black and she is white. In her panic, she spilled coffee all over herself and started blowing her horn like doomsday was here.

That was my only encounter with racism. Other than that, if any whites in this "european country" thought I was a piece of shit, they never said it and they never showed any signs.
Koloboyi

Postby Inspector » 16th November 2011, 06:46

Koloboyi, it appears you are intent on displaying your ignorance. At the airport bar, you can buy a little packet of nuts and leave. No tip is required. Anywhere in the world.

That barlady's behaviour is indefensible.
Inspector

Postby Inspector » 16th November 2011, 06:50

Correction - A barman, not a barlady. But doesn't matter. Same point. No tipping is required.
Inspector

Postby Koloboyi » 16th November 2011, 08:07

Inspector,

you are my teacher today. For that, I'm deeply thankful.
Koloboyi

Postby Koloboyi » 16th November 2011, 08:43

On a very, very tiny footnote, Professor Inspector, when you have some spare time and you choose to, please consider reading the part where I asked a question, not make a statement, on that tip ka thing.

But say Professor, that barman at KK International, do you reckon a duo of ba kaponya would be paid to tighten his @$$ up and make him Black friendly again?
Koloboyi

Postby Inspector » 16th November 2011, 10:25

If he was the only one we could arrange a beating for him. But there are so many such people that we would run out of kaponyas.
Inspector

knowledge about perfume

Postby perfume » 26th November 2011, 00:00

If you intend to know the type of perfume or still have problems deciding what kind of fragrance that suits your personality, this site may be able to help you.
In the market is currently circulating around 1000 types and brands of perfume and an estimated 100 types of new perfume will appear every year.
With so many types of perfume is actually easier for us to choose, but at the time of financial crisis such as now the price shot up when the perfume come to you perfume may already be part of your life so that there is no option to stay put in the budget. Well, to ease the budget it would be nice if you start now you begin to choose scents that best suits your personality and target. That way you have been frugal.

http://www.stumbleupon.com/url/rideoreg ... /view/2028
perfume

Next Page

Return to Car Services (Spray painting, garages, car servicing, etc.)