Lusaka Health Institute

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

Lusaka Health Institute

Postby batate tansi » 19th July 2010, 11:18

Dear Zambia,

They call it by that name. It s actually a Private nursing school situated next to Nanji lodge area of Kalundu.They are really exploiting us parents who have sent our children to that nursing school. I really do regret having sent my daughter there. No lectures, very poor public relations from their principal, Poor accommodation, poor transport arrangements to ferry students to and from UTH where they do their practicals. And yet they`ve even increased the fees abnormally!! and am wondering what the so called General Nursing Council (GNC) is doing about this when they (GNC) were actually supposed to be there to inspect this place and assess its fitness to admit students.
Its a sorry site
batate tansi

Re: Lusaka Health Institute

Postby Guest » 2nd April 2011, 20:41

actually Lusaka Health Institute is not as bad as you described it on this letter, it is just that you do not understand what is on the ground probably your daughter is not telling you the truth or you just got the end of the stick. you parents are suppose to be the ones supporting the school but you just blame the poor principal who sacrificing her life for your children and the Zambians who do not even want to raise their standards, all they want is to sit and play and wait to get everything on a silver plate.you should be encouraging your daughter to study hard and pass so that she will be a future donor for that school.wake up Zambians work hard ,dont just wait for cheap things and for people to fool you around ,you will not go anywhere with this attitude. l must say that Lusaka Health institute is one of the private nursing school which is upholding the GNC standards and the nursing standards. thank you

Re: Lusaka Health Institute

Postby Guest » 3rd April 2011, 00:20

Well I don't know this nursing school, but I know one thing.

Any one who wants to open up a nursing school, a private clinic or a private hospital must have a lot of money. This is because health provision is very very and I repeat very expensive. The cost of providing this education is not commensurate to the income, otherwise the fees will have to be so high that no one will afford them.

What has happened in Zambia is very sad where the government has failed to provide any kind of service from education to simple postal services and expect everything to be done by the private sector. This is wrong and I personally do not agree that someone can be allowed to open a nursing school. This is because for this person to provide the level of education expected, they must either charge very high fees to meet expected standards or they must get government subsidies.

Here is an example:

1. Where will they get the anatomical models for learning? These models though made of plastic are not even made in Zambia. And as if thats not enough its not one model they need but many for all the systems of the body.

2. How much does a hospital bed cost? While they will see the bed at UTH, they also need a bed to learn on at their school and it's not one bed they need but for all the conditions such as cardiac and trauma.

This list is not exhaustive and am pretty sure this nursing school does not have most of these things.

There was another private nursing school that was closed after some issues came to the attention of the authorities.

Return to Educational Services (Schools, colleges, universities, etc.)