Zambian Music: Teti Njende Nobe

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

Re: Zambian Music: Teti Njende Nobe

Postby MISS MUZUNGU » 24th November 2010, 19:48

DARLINGS,
FIRST TIME I HEARD A ZAMBIAN SONG IN EUROPE WAS APHIRI ANABWELA, BY PITCHEN KAZEMBE (DONT KNOW HOW TO SPELL IT). I HAVE LOVED THAT SONG AND IT IS THE RING TONE ON MY PHONE. I DONT THINK I WILL EVER STOP LOVING IT. THAT IS A SONG AND HALF. ANOTHER SONG ALL MY MUZUNGU FRIENDS LIKE IS BANA MULENGA BY PONTIANO KAICHE. ESPECIALY: " MAFIGA ENU MWAKWATWA BANA MULENGA, NA ECHI YE YE YES BABY. I LOVE PAUL NGOZI TOO.I LOVE KMILLION , EFRAIM,RUNEL, JK,EXILO,HAMS,MOZEGETA AND ESPECIALLY TSOYA, AND MANY MORE OF TODAY'S ARTISTS, BUT HOW LONG THEIR SONGS LAST? IT IS WESTERN TYPE MUSIC, NICE BUT I FEEL THEY SHOULD DO AT LIST ONE TRADITIONAL SONG IN THEIR ALBUM. ATLIST. I FEEL ANGELA NYIRENDA'S SONG WILL LAST MUCH LONGER THAN
BECAUSE IT IS TRADITIONAL.
WHAT MAKES A SONG GREAT IS THE ABILITY TO BE POPULAR OVER TIME AND ENJOYED FOREVER.
HOW LONG DO THE SONGS PRODUCED TODAY LAST? A YEAR AT BEST?
MUSIC IS MEANT TO MAKE PEOPLE ENJOY THEMSELVES. IF IT MAKES U HAPPY A SONG IS OK. BUT DOES NOT MAKE IT GREAT. ALSO DONT CALL A SONG RUBBISH, JUST SAY I DONT LIKE IT , BECAUSE MUSIC IS VERY SUBJECTIVE,
ONE MANS POISON IS....
ANY ONE AGREES WITH ME?
BUT PLEASE DONT ARGUE JUST FOR THE SAKE OF AN ARGUMENT OR BECAUSE UR BOSS TOLD U OFF AND U CANT TELL HIM OFF IN RETURN, AND U WANT TO QUAREL WITH SOMEONE. UR OPINION IS IMPORTANT US LONG IT IS RELEVANT AND GENUINE.
MISS MUZUNGU

Postby Chama » 25th November 2010, 00:46

Muzungu, it's yaye chiyeyeye (or more correctly, yaya ichiyeyeye).

Do you know what that pontiano song means? What's mafiga?
Chama

Postby Chembe » 25th November 2010, 07:31

CHAMA, are you sure?? I too, did not know the "yaya ichiyeyeye" bit, but I will believe you because you sound believable. I don't know what's mafiga, either. I'm thinking the plural of 'figures'.

Miss Muzungu, are you sure? aPhiri anabwela is one of my favs too. Are you trying to tell me you and me are soul-mates?? That was a joke, OK? How about that Paul Ngozi? I just love his music as well. His 'mulandu wa damage'. I have it on my laptop. I listen to it every time I feel homesick. I like how the percussions follows the beat after, "mwasebanya baaaaanja..."

The very first time I shook Paul Ngozi's hand was late 1988, at some store in Chelstone. He died within a year of my encounter with him. I’ve always hoped he didn’t die from my hand shake:)). I have no idea what kind of human being he was. I love his music, though and I adored him for the one and only time I met him face to face. He was so down to earth, and even asked me if I needed a ride. He was driving some posh car then. I said, no thanks because I had never driven in no posh car before. I was afraid I might go catatonic in Paul Ngozi's posh car :)
Chembe

Postby MISS MUZUNGU » 25th November 2010, 07:54

DARLINGS CHAMA AND CHEMBE,
IF I AM NOT MISTAKEN MAFIGA MEANS NICE ROUNDED AFRICAN (HA HA HA ) BAM BAM.I ALWAYS ASK THINGS TO BE TRANSLATED TO ME. HE WAS ADMIRING HER DOUBLE DECKA OR REAR END.LAST TIME PONTIANO WAS PERFORMING THIS SONG (3 WEEKS AGO) AT MIKES IN CHILENGE I RAN TO THE STAGE AND STARTED SINGING WITH HIM, HE STOPPED SINGING AND LEFT ME TO SING ALOAN.(HE IS A FRIEND) PEOPLE WERE SHOCKED. THERE I GO AGAIN DISCLOSING WHO I AM.SO EASY TO GO TO MIKES AND ASK WHO WAS THE MUZUNGU SINGING WITH PONTIANO.
DARLING THERE IS NOTHING WRONG TO BE ONES SOULMATE. IT DOES NOT MEAN U ARE MY BOYFRIEND, IT MEANS JUST PEOPLE ALIKE.
I REMEMBER PAUL NGOZI'S CAR: HE HAD A BLUISH GREEN DATSAN 120Y AND THAT TIME IT WAS POSH.
GOOD OLD TIMES. I HAD JUST COME TO ZAMBIA. NICE MEMORIES
MISS MUZUNGU

Postby MISS MUZUNGU » 25th November 2010, 07:59

I HAVE ALL PAUL NGOZI'S SONGS AND THEY ARE WANDERFULL.
I ALSO LIKE THAT GUY WHO DIED USED TO SING AT RIDGEWAY IN ENGLISH, THE NAME HAS COME OUT OF MY HEAD, SANG A SONG SOUNDS LIKE W.......A, DEDICATED TO HIS CHILDREN. DO U REMEMBER HIS NAME AND THE SONG?
MISS MUZUNGU

Postby Muntublest » 25th November 2010, 08:43

Muzungu,

Wilansekesha!

Mikes', Chilenje? Hmmnn...
Muntublest

Postby DK » 25th November 2010, 08:55

Muzungu, are you thinking of Ackim Simukonda? Yes, that brother was cool too.
DK

Postby MISS MUZUNGU » 25th November 2010, 11:37

YES DK. AKIM SIMUKONDA.
THE SONG WAS SOUNDING LIKE WITA..T..LA. I CANT REMEMBER.
WHAT DOES Wilansekesha! MEANS.
I OMLY KNOW SOME FEW KEY WORDS AND MOST OF THE INSULTS, THOUGH I AM NOT SURE WHICH ONES ARE NYANJA AND WHICH BEMBA.
MISS MUZUNGU

Postby Muntublest » 25th November 2010, 11:48

Muzungu,

You are a piece of work! Most of the insults? Lol!

Wilansekesha means don't crack my ribs from laughter - its evident African languages are richer, see how one word translates to so many in English.

The song was "talala wila lila" - i think, if am not confusing with another, means Hush, dont cry
Muntublest

Postby MISS MUZUNGU » 25th November 2010, 12:03

DARLING ABOUT THE INSULTS I AM VERY SERIOUS. I AM SURE I KNOW SOME U DONT EVEN KNOW.
I HAVE ONE WITH WHICH I INSULT PEOPLE WHO CALL ME MUZUNGU WHEN I AM PASSING.
I HATE IT.
HOW WOULD U FEEL IF U ARE PASSING AND I JUST TELL U: UUUUU BLACK.
ANYTHING TO DO WITH COLOUR IT IS A RASIST COMMENT.
NOT THAT IT IS ANY THING WRONG TO BE BLACK OR WHITE.
MY EX TOUGHT ME AND JK AND LEO AND EXILO AND LEVEY SAKALA AND ALL THE REST. THEY ENJOY IT.ME TOO.
U KNOW WHEN A FOREIGNER GOES INTO ANOTHER COUNTRY THE FIRST THING THEY LEARN ARE THE INSULTS.
AT LIST U KNOW IF U ARE INSULTED.
THATS NOT THE SONG. THE SONG STARTS WITH W.... AND IT TALKS ABOUT HIS CHILDREN. I THINK HE NEW HE WAS DAYING AND WROTE THE SONG.
MISS MUZUNGU

Postby Miles Finch » 25th November 2010, 20:11

Muzungu! i know who you are. you also tried the music seen a while back right. why did you stop singing you have a pretty cool voice.
Miles Finch

Postby MISS MUZUNGU » 25th November 2010, 20:17

Miles Finch,
SHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
MISS MUZUNGU

Postby David » 26th November 2010, 16:06

Yes Miss Muzungu . You are Nelly the lady who sang that Bemba song were you were complaining about this man (Zambian man) and and it used to come on ZNBC. I can not remember the song though.

Ackim Simukonda is the one who sang a song cautioning his children to live as one even if he had them from different women. He sang as if he knew that his time was up. The song is Bana Bandi.
David

Postby Nsakanya » 5th January 2011, 12:14

i agree with you bro in toto. today's music performed by a majority of the zambia artistes is simply about sexual affairs, heroworshipping especially of a woman, and the like. its just proper trash, doesnt make much sense to many of us who grew up in those fine years, before the 80s. some of the issues mentioned in much of the lyrics can never be real, its all duping and hollow, fake and childish.

of course there are a few other musicians who dedicate alot of their time, skill and attention to composing their stuff which make good sense. an example is pettersen's 'ku toping'apo' which is an excellent piece on his perception as an artiste, of how tricky and hard life has become not only by zambia's standards, but across the globe.

your critical and well assessed view bro is as good as any reasonable average zambian is bound to make. cheerio!
Nsakanya

Postby steval » 18th June 2012, 00:47

Speakin of gud music who remebers Nelly the lady who sang that Bemba song were you were complaining about this man....that waz a classic!!!
steval

Postby Mfuti » 19th June 2012, 17:22

steval wrote :
> Speakin of gud music who remebers Nelly the lady who sang that Bemba song
> were you were complaining about this man....that waz a classic!!!

ba steval,
you are quite the expert at giving elaborate details. ati that Bemba song were you were complaining about this man. If you did not zero in on the specifics of this song, I don't think I would have recognized the ka nyimbo ka.
Mfuti

QdqUBpOakNMhWDgOPs

Postby Jail » 2nd October 2012, 06:42

So glad you made it and all went as planned! We have been thninikg of you and praying for you can't even imagine traveling that long and far with our 3 what an amazing experience this is going to be for your family! The girls have loved seeing your pics so far and can't wait to hear and see your adventure as you experience it. Thanks for letting us take this journey with you! God bless you and the people who will be blessed by your family! Love to you! Zirb, Wendy, Emma, Ellie and Emelia
Jail

rNhHSgOdBpaMaYYbb

Postby ezfvatqbo » 3rd October 2012, 11:38

QArdoP <a href="http://jodlugeiplgx.com/">jodlugeiplgx</a>
ezfvatqbo

Postby Press » 3rd October 2012, 17:20

I read some gossip about a certain female Zambian singer whose claim to fame is a song titled “mtima wa kanyelele”. Supposedly she was the ho of some 60 years old sugar daddy until he dumped her. Now she wants him to buy her a house. Does anyone know the lowdown to this sordid affair?
Press

Previous Page Next Page

Return to Entertainment (Concerts, musical events, film festivals, etc.)