Cage that Truck Driver!

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

Cage that Truck Driver!

Postby Fat Konto » 22nd July 2010, 16:20

Dear Zambia,

I was shocked this morning (July 22nd, 2010) around 07.05am to see a wreclkless truck driver driving a horse (without trailer) reg ACL 9630 belonging to Transport Services risk peoples lives as he swang, honked and speed over the Kafue flyover bridge at approx 120km/h! Without curtesy of other road users, he honked at this minibus driver who was in fron of him and whe he used the other lane waved his middle finger (insult) at this astonished minibus driver whom he accused of driving slowly. It was very shameful. As if not enough, when he reached the traffic lights near SDA church, he meandered around several cars, beating the red traffic lights and turned right into Burma Road. He actually almost collided into a Government vehicle reg number GRZ 665CE. I got all these details by asking my passanger to jot them down quickly. I wonder where he was rushing to. Did he just steal that vehicle? Was he a trained and certfied driver? Are these the kind of PSV drivers we need to have on these roads? I am very sad and i do wonder why this driver (man or woman) behaved like this.

Such drivers should never drive on our busy roads!
Fat Konto

Re: Cage that Truck Driver!

Postby Bishop » 23rd July 2010, 10:22

This truck driver is still at large.I saw this guy this morning along Mosi o tunya Road. You should have seen the way he joined from Burma road.

This guy is a manic. He drives like a castrated man trying to rape a girl.. So forceful and without regard to anything and he seems to be having fun.

RTSA should do something about this before we lose lives. I wonder why he is using this truck for taking his kids to school or whatever morning routines.
Bishop

Postby Ba Mwisho » 23rd July 2010, 13:46

Please forward the details to RTSA and in no time the chap will be caged.Looking at the time these things were ahppening ,I bet the monkey had a hangover or worse was still drunk.RTSA is on 983 toll free.
Ba Mwisho

Postby 007 » 23rd July 2010, 17:52

yo Mwisho, i just saw one of your posts under another topic, was deleted by the admin. You could have fooled me, boy. You didn't strike me as a bad boy type. calling yourself "ba" and all. you naughty naughty you.

Postby Imbwa » 24th July 2010, 05:40

Fat Konto

It woulda been neat if your passenger (I’m assuming you are a taxi or minibus driver) had one of these hi-tech, state-of-the-art smart phones like mine. Then, he could have taken a still shot or a video recording of that lunatic driver. I am sure that could have provided the police with enough evidence to track him down, handcuff him, bag him in a sack and transport him to jail awaiting a court appearance.

But as it is now, it is your word against a ghost. And there’s no telling if the crazy driver really exists or you are hallucinating, along with your passenger, who may or may not be literate enough to jot down a license plate number.
Imbwa

Postby the PS » 25th July 2010, 21:53

Fat konto rtsa will deal with chap for sure and as much as there is no video evidence the guy will have to prove he was not in those locations at that time. People don't just dream of reg plates for nothing.

Many have been nabbed by rtsa and the police after causing accidents or near accidents or mare contravening and witness or those involved have submitted reg plates for the culprits. The law has a way of working things out
the PS

Postby Bozo » 26th July 2010, 04:05

Mr. the PS,

you write: "the guy will have to prove he was not in those locations at that time."

I was under the impression that the burden of proof was with the accuser or the prosecution? If this guy is the accused, he should be considered innocent until proven guilty. Isn't that how the law works in Zambia?

Mr. the PS I beg that you educate me on this because your statement sent a jolt of cold blood up my spine. Truth be told, I am quite ignorant about Zambian law. I have been away from Zambia for too long. And when I left, I was not yet interested in heavy matters like the law. I was mainly intereted in smoking ganja. So all my real book eduction has been in the States and it is from an american legal perspective that I am making my observations.

Again, sir, I will greatly appreciate if you can educate me on this piece of Zambian legal process.

Thanks.
Bozo

Postby Fat Konto » 27th July 2010, 17:45

Mr. PS.........
How i wished i had given my passenger my phone to take the picture but under such short time and the drama that happened it was not easy for me to think in those lines - how i wished i had done that. Well, thank you for your advice but the GRZ driver would also give evidence if it came to that.

By the way, am not a taxi driver........... Thank you Bozo for your objective response to Mr. PS. Welcome back home.
Thanks
Fat Konto

Postby My » 27th July 2010, 20:59

Were you really in the states as in USA or maybe you were in one of the states in nigeria?
My

Postby My » 27th July 2010, 21:02

Were you really in the states as in USA or maybe you were in one of the states in nigeria?
My

Postby Bozo » 27th July 2010, 21:15

My dear My,

Let us follow the Dear Zambia commandments to the letter. First commandment: Thou shall not divert from the main topic. ha ha ha.

Anyway, seriously my man, do you have any clue as to the Presumption of innocence, if at all it applies in Zambian law? I am still trying to understand that bit.

by the way, I really apologize for staying away from the motherland for so long.

ba fat Konto,
thanks for the kind invite. this coming August is my next scheduled trip back. This is why I am trying to sort out the innocence presumption deal. I might get carried away partying with some old school friends of mine. Then be thrown in jail for disorderly conduct. I'd like to know my rights before I get drunk. ha ha ha
Bozo

Return to Transport (Buses, coaches, railways, airlines, logistics, etc.)