germins buses

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

germins buses

Postby mkz » 5th August 2010, 01:57

Dear Zambia,

I was going to nakonde last satarday, i equired from germins buses if they have a bus going to nakonde and they acknowledged and sold me a ticket, they took me to a bus where i was given another ticket written tiyaseko bus servises. I would like to advise germins not to continue doing so as they may loose public confidence.
mkz

Re: germins buses

Postby Lesa Mwamba » 5th August 2010, 07:23

MZK:

did you go to Nakonde or did you not? Am just wondering what is your beef exactly. If you went to Nakonde, what do you care how many hands your money changed? And if you ended up being stranded at your port of call, then you got a thief you need to report to the proper authorities, not just complain here. Otherwise, this whole complaint of yours is purely academic. No practical value whatsoever. Am I right or am I right?
Lesa Mwamba

Postby Teena » 5th August 2010, 07:45

Actually Lesa, you are very wrong and MZK is justified to complain.

How would you feel if you went into Steers restuarant to order some food and it came in a Zamchick box?? Most consumers buy items or services based on the brand. If MZK had wanted to get on a Tiyesako bus, then he would have bought a ticket from them... he wanted Germins and didnt get it.

In my view Germins breached the contract they entered into with MZK by virtue of promising him a seat on their bus and changing the terms of the deal by making him get on a different company's bus.

If however they gave him an explanation why they changed, then that is a whole different matter.
Teena

Postby Lesa Mwamba » 5th August 2010, 08:11

Teena:

you have a small point there. Very small point, but a point nevertheless.

I can even give another example to support your point. I voted for Mwanawasa, but instead I got stuck with ba Banda. an accidental president. such is life.

Although I have to say this much. Germins is a bus fleet not unlike Tiyesako. Except they have a more zesty sounding name, that's all. My marketing teacher taught me that if you start a business, naming your company is half way to success of failure. It really shouldn't be like that. But most consumers tend to like or dislike a product based on name brand. Even before they know nothing about the product or service.
Lesa Mwamba

Postby Teena » 5th August 2010, 08:18

Ba Lesa wesu

All you have done is echo my views. Am glad we are on the same page though. It doesnt hurt to have a bit of humility and accept when you are wrong.
Teena

Postby Lesa Mwamba » 5th August 2010, 08:40

Ba Teena:

I doubt very much if you will find a dude more willing to slap himself across the face when he’s wrong, than I am. I know you made a good point much better than I did. Why should I lie about it? I really do not want to be like these politicians who have outlived their usefulness to the nation but still want to hold on to power as if their life depended on their office. Crazy.
Lesa Mwamba

Return to Transport (Buses, coaches, railways, airlines, logistics, etc.)