FLASH BUSES AND TRAFFIC POLICE/RTSA

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

FLASH BUSES AND TRAFFIC POLICE/RTSA

Postby Guest » 24th April 2011, 13:45

Dear Zambia,

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that when Traffic Police or RTSA mount road blocks for road tax licenses and physical checks Flash buses are let to pass through without being inspected? I've always wondered what MOU Flash has with Traffic Police and RTSA.

What bugs me the most is how do most of those weird-looking Flash buses, the ones found at Millenium bus station on routes like Matero/Lilanda, Hospital, pass physical inspection at RTSA? Those 'drums' are not in road-worthy condition.

But hey, maybe it just me!

Re: FLASH BUSES AND TRAFFIC POLICE/RTSA

Postby neutral » 24th April 2011, 14:53

i think u have a problem with the guys running flash buses,is it because its run by a zambian of indian origin,would u hve the sme comments if it were to b managed bt a zambian of african origin,at the end of the day its just pure jealousy,i know when eva i m stranded at nyt n i nid a bus then flash is alwz der.
neutral

Postby Plofessor » 24th April 2011, 15:25

Neutral,

It's got very little to do with jealousy. What Guest points out is a fact. Those drivers seem to have a special relationship with the cops, yet their buses are probably in the worst condition out of all the other buses. They've been in their pathetic state for years, but somehow are given Fitness certificates every year. Please don't pull the race card. I'm Indian by the way.
Plofessor

Postby JM » 24th April 2011, 21:13

I heard a rumour that the operators of the Flash buses have something to do with the painting of some Police Stations in Lusaka. If that's true.....
JM

Postby Guest » 25th April 2011, 01:53

if u r so much concerned abt the condition of flash buses y dnt u go n sort it out with mr flash

Postby Plofessor » 25th April 2011, 09:28

Guest above,

You are missing the point. Those buses even by Mogadishu standards are not roadworthy. Just admit it. But if that's your attitude, I wonder how you'd feel if, God forbid, you lost a loved one in an accident caused by one of Mr Flash's buses. And believe you me, those buses are moving coffins, accidents waiting to happen. I don't think that you understand the ramifications if, say, all the passengers of the bus died.
Plofessor

Postby Chintu » 25th April 2011, 16:14

Plofessor!

welcome back! I hope you will not deny us of your company again. You was missed, bro.

Just a quick update, your very dear friend MM is missing in action. But don't you worry about nothing. You are not a suspect in her disappearance. She went missing while you were MIA yourself. So your alibi is solid.

But I will tell you a secret. me knowing MM, I think she's not missing at all. Just masquerading under one of these colloquial sounding IDs. DZ will always be a big happy family, as you well know.
Chintu

Postby Plofesspr » 25th April 2011, 18:38

Chintu,

Rest assured I have gone nowhere. Just been using different ID's pretty much like every other DZ regular, you included! Boy, have I been vocal here :)

As for MM, I can tell you she is genuinely away. Otherwise we would have noticed her caps making their point loud but not so clear!
Plofesspr

Postby Chintu » 25th April 2011, 19:00

ah Plofessor, you really think I use other IDs?? me?? he he he

If I may say so myself, perhaps I'm the grandmaster of multiple IDs on DZ. I'm sure the Admin whenever he has some time to kill on his hands, he attempts to count my IDs. But after about 500 he says, oh to hell with it:)

Regarding our darling dear friend MM, I would rely more on that bad grammar than caps. It's easier to switch from all caps to normal typography than to clean up bad grammar. don't you think?
Chintu

Postby Kachigamba » 25th April 2011, 23:26

Plofessor wrote :
> Neutral,
> blah
> blah
> blah
> Please don't pull the race card. I'm
> Indian by the way.

My dearest friend Plofessor,
is it ok if I just think of you as Zambian? I'm color blind and do not want to think of you any differently than other Zambians. I hope even in your heart your allegiance is more with the Republic of Zambia than with the Jamahiriya of India. oh wait, I might be confusing terminology here. Jamahiriya is not India, is it? Maybe it's Libya. But I'm sure you get my point..

speaking of Libya, I hear NATO are trying to give Qaddafi a little push into an early grave by starting to bomb places they suspect he might be taking a nap.
but that shaggy colonel is such a naughty boy. I wonder if he really has an ace up his sleeve to play. Or he just lost his last marbles.
Kachigamba

Return to Transport (Buses, coaches, railways, airlines, logistics, etc.)