AVONDALE BUSES

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

AVONDALE BUSES

Postby Nyato » 7th July 2010, 17:02

Dear Zambia,

It is total horor getting on an avondale bus. The music is so loud you get a headache. When you tell them to reduce the volume, they tell you thats what they want! But aren't we supposed to enjoy our ride since we are paying? They are so rude they think they are doing us a favour. Can the relevant authorities/unions please train their buss drivers and conductors! Without us, they would have no jobs.
Nyato

Re: AVONDALE BUSES

Postby Dalitso Mtonga » 12th July 2011, 09:57

The music is not even the biggest problem. The fact that we allow half-drunk conductors to cull us into the bus like sheep and force or lovely big women- 5 of them- into a bus and we have continued to let them get away with it, that just irks me out.
Dalitso Mtonga

Postby left eye » 12th July 2011, 10:28

Im a Avondale native. it is not just the Avondale route where you have this problem. Dont matter where you are going as long as you get on a Toyota Hiace painted blue & white. There tends to be some maturity with bigger buses like ma Rosa except effeciency hence most people opt for the Hiaces. But i think in Zambia we are even much better. You should try the ones in RSA. Those things are mobile nite-clubs. Same with their cabs, it's crazy pa Jozi
left eye

Postby In my opinion » 12th July 2011, 15:43

I recently moved to Avondale all the way from Kitwe and I know exactly what you are talking about! In Kitwe the conductors are better behaved because we the customers stick together, we refuse to sit five of us in the back seat, it is unheard of in Kitwe!! But here, nobody wants to stand up for the other person, the conductor has all the power as if he is a god. Guys, it is time we got some respect back as customers, let us stand up to these conductors! Help out others when they are not being given the right change and protest together on things like loud music, do not be scared, they are 100 other buses waiting for you!!

Everyday I have to get on a bus and trust me, everyday there are problems! in my opinion, these guys behave this way because we let them get away with it. lets get our dignity back guys, TOGETHER!!!
In my opinion

Return to Transport (Buses, coaches, railways, airlines, logistics, etc.)