Pathetic airline

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

Pathetic airline

Postby P.Bauer » 27th October 2011, 07:54

Dear Zambia,
On the 26/10/2011 the flight from JHB was delayed and only arrived at Ndola at 20H15 actual time was supposed to be 14H15 , the plane took off for JHB at 21H45 but never went to JHB it landed at Lusaka , all passengers never got any refreshments even as I am typing this letter no accomodation was offered , no explanation was given why there is a delay or when will be the next flight . I am a contract manager for a mining company with a expat. labour force off 160 men wich make use off your airline since it came in operation on avarage 70 men fly every month and this is the way you treat your clients , it is !%$#@%%^ PATHETIC . It is 07 H50 now and still nobody knows what is giong on , this is not the first tme this has happend
PB
P.Bauer

Re: Pathetic airline

Postby Guest » 27th October 2011, 08:07

Oi! You forgot to mention which airline. Is it Zambezi? If so then you are right. This must be the worst ever airline Zambia has ever produced. Problem is it is run by people with money who don't know shit about airlines or the aviation industry. I can recall an incident of a wedding party who booked the whole plane to Harare from Lusaka. Estimated arrival was 1400 hours. Actual arrival time 2100! Also search this website and you will find more complaints on Zambezi. If you are a big guy, I suggest use your physical size and intimidate the crap of the staff.

Postby JP » 27th October 2011, 18:37

I stopped using Zambezi last year, they are totally useless. I read that they only have one plane that goes to all the countries hence the delays. And it is a shame that they choose to behave like this when there is so much competition now we are not stuck for choice and price. I tried Namibian Airways and they were okay and cheaper than Zambezi!
JP

Postby Masauso » 27th October 2011, 18:53

The only other "normal" African country I know of, that has an airline as pathetic as Zambia's is Cameroon. They have two planes in their fleet. One plane is modern and state-of-the-art. The other is old and dilapidated. The new plane is exclusively for the head of state who spends more than six months of the year, in europe. The other plane is for the rest of the country.

By the way, when I say "normal" African countries, I'm excluding such hell holes as Somalia.
Masauso

Postby Selector » 27th October 2011, 19:47

Yep! How then will I travel to Dar next week? I was hoping on Zambezi iye mayo!
Selector

Postby Pendeku » 27th October 2011, 20:03

selector, you could have borrowed my bullet speed hyena but another friend borrowed it for a trip to Jozi. you know with hyenas, only travel under the cover of darkness, so it takes a while.
Pendeku

Postby Kb » 27th October 2011, 21:11

Sorry about your terrible experience. I hear they have leased two planes to Air Zimbabwe, hence the delays. Am told they make more money from such leases. Iv always wanted to support my local airline but everytime I think about the delays, I change my mind and opt for SA. Better pay the extra price in money ..after all the delay is the extra price you pay for choosing Zambezi for being slightly cheaper..so you might as well be safe than sorry.
Kb

Postby Annoyed and embarressed » 28th October 2011, 11:47

This airline needs to be closed..

two days in a row now the flight to J'burg at 08:45 has been delayed till 14:00 yesterday and now 16:00 today.

The staff have no idea how to deal with the problems, the CEO is out of the country, the ops director hides and the finance director tries but fails.

Today there were 20 people from Sth Africa, who were wanting to get the airline banned from flying into Sth Africa.. I have to say I agree.. PLEASE DCA minister of transport someone. CLOSE this airline and put us out of our misery and embarrasment.
Annoyed and embarressed

Postby cheap skate » 31st October 2011, 18:04

You guys who fly on this flying coffin, aren't you ever afraid that maybe you are risking your life just a tad? Is there really no other altenatives except for this death trap? I'd rather pay more and fly safer than put my life in this accident waiting to happen. And for a cheap skate like me, that is saying a lot!
cheap skate

Postby JP » 31st October 2011, 18:58

Finally they have suspended this airline from flying! It was embarassing how it went down so quickly.

Now this gives mr fred mmembe and his friends the nchito brothers to bring back thier failed airline Zambian Airways! After all they can go back and borrow more money from Finance Bank that they failed to pay back....see everything is falling in place!
JP

Postby Junior » 31st October 2011, 19:02

JP,
Your acid tongue! I love it!!!
Junior

Return to Transport (Buses, coaches, railways, airlines, logistics, etc.)