RESIPONSIBLE OPPOSITION

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

RESIPONSIBLE OPPOSITION

Postby Samson Kabaso » 27th October 2011, 21:59

Dear Zambia,
Samson Kabaso

Re: RESIPONSIBLE OPPOSITION

Postby Mufulira » 28th October 2011, 15:09

Samson Kabaso! First you did not spell correctly the title of your topic. Secondly you posted a blank message. What do you take us for? What is the rush for?
Mufulira

Re: RESPONSIBLE OPPOSITION

Postby Samson Kabaso » 28th October 2011, 22:16

Dear Mufulira. Thank you for your observation. You have the name of my favourite City of Mufulira. My dream Mufulira has sky scrapers, suspended motorways, parkades and morden malls all over Butondo, Kankoyo, Kamuchanga with Kansuswa a replica of Sandton City. Back to reality and my message. The composition of the Eleventh parliament requires and calls for a unique approach to issues by those in government and those in opposition. All MPs from both sides are in the house because of our votes. So all of them because of this are accountable to those who sent them to Manda Hill. Those people with various needs in all parts of Zambia expect delivery of what is rightly theirs by their Government. So an opposition that decides to frustrate the governance process are failures because the role of a responsible opposition is not petty but on a higher plane is supposed to be supervising the government by taking it to task to ensure government is executing its mandate in line with the principles of good governance. A good supervisor is a good facilitator of resources. Blocking the passing of government bill is therefore not only irresponsible but mischievous. The honourables should know that if they take their rightful position of demanding and ensuring that government delivers on its promises in a peaceful manner, they will be campaigning for their election in five years. Doing the opposite is to decampain themselves. So let us unite and rebuild Zambia together. Let us not allow forces outside parliament to dictate to parliament. Zambia is a showcase in the upholding of democracy. It is important to sustain this position by having a responsible opposition.
Samson Kabaso

Postby Chibuma » 28th October 2011, 22:57

Dear Mr. Kabaso,

Unlike Professor Mufulira, I can handle misspelled words just fine. What I cannot handle are long posts and those that lack any paragraphs. That's where my beef with you sir, comes in.

A nice man like you, I'm sure you cracked the grade 12 ceiling, at the very least. I learned my summarization and paragraphing in grade 10 myself. That is why I'm confident you can do it too.

Some of us do not have the luxury of a big screen computer monitor. I use my phone to access this site and reading a long post without paragraphs is a nightmare. So sir, pretty please, with some sugar on top, can you please summarize and paragraph?

Thank you kindly.
Chibuma

Postby Samson Kabaso » 29th October 2011, 08:22

Dear Mr Chibuma.

Thank you for your observation and lesson in English writing. I am also using a phone like you.

I hope you were able to make heads and tails of my un paragraphed discourse.

My fantasy of Mufulira is my expectation of development for the whole nation 47 years after Independence. Mufulira in 1968 looked better than what it is today.

We have a new Government and a unique parliament where no Party has a clear majority. This calls for a responsible opposition. This is not the time to make pacts to frustrate government programmes of development. All Zambians including those who voted for the opposition expect better living conditions and development. Opposition and ruling Party MPS must be made accountable to the Zambian people. Those who think otherwise have no room in parliament. The role of a responsible opposition is to supervise and push the Government to perform in line with campaign promises not to block bills. Opposition is alternative government and their winning the next elections depends on how effectively they push the development agenda which makes them earn credibility with us the voters. This is a more effective campaign tool than what is in the offing.
Samson Kabaso

Return to Transport (Buses, coaches, railways, airlines, logistics, etc.)