Zambezi Airlines

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

Zambezi Airlines

Postby Deezo » 7th September 2010, 08:49

Dear Zambia,

I recently travelled to Joburg on a 17:55 Zambezi airlines friday flight. I must say that this is the worst flight I've been on in terms of the meal and drink service. I have travelled frequently on Zambezi airlines and the service has been okay.

However on this particular flight I was shocked when the meal came to find two tasteless undercooked pieces of potatoe, three tiny pieces of meat and people you wont believe it... bondwe!! Now I have nothing against promoting indigenous zambian vegetables, but for crying out loud make sure they are CLEANED and COOKED properly. For those of you who dont know how bondwe tastes when its not properly cleaned... yes, sandy thats how because this 'vegetable (and I use that word loosely', grows very close to the ground like a weed! I was thoroughly disappointed to say the least.

On the drinks side, I asked for some red wine... fine I got my first glass. As the flight progressed, I asked for a second glass and was told..."sorry madam we have run out of red wine".

Now people this flight had less than 20 people on it and perhaps only 3 of us took red wine...so to be told we had run out was totally shocking! I asked the attendant how this was possible and he had the gall to tell me, "oh the food and drinks on this flight are left over from the Dar-es-Salaam flight"!!!!

I mean PLEASE!!! I paid $370 dollars for left overs???? Come on Zambezi!! I intend to write formally complaining about the food on this flight.
Deezo

Re: Zambezi Airlines

Postby Consultant » 7th September 2010, 09:15

Do we have any managers in Zambia? Do managers think their job is to sit in the office filling in some papers and attending endless meetings about profits and projections? No, sir, your first job as manager is to find out why your customers are eating leftover bondwe with sand and no wine to kill its taste from your mouth.

Pathetic.
Consultant

Postby Leonard Mbewe » 8th September 2010, 20:25

This is why I always tell my boys who travel Zambezi to pack their own meal. Half a loaf of bread, a few sticks of beef jerky, a small sack of roasted maize and not to forget some water and sugar to make a quick soft drink.

No man is an island, the saying goes. But on Zambezi airlines you have got to be an island. A one man army.
Leonard Mbewe

Postby Campanero » 9th September 2010, 08:32

These boys of yours, did you say they are going on a hunting trip or a business trip??

I am only asking because their menu is, shall we say, unorthodox. That sack of roasted maize is particularly unbecoming of a business trip on a plane. Not even Joburg bound
Campanero

Postby Nandi » 9th September 2010, 09:40

aMbewe,

One would expect airport security to put an end to this ceremony the moment they notice that loaf of bread sticking out from your boy's breast pocket. he he
Nandi

Postby Got it » 9th September 2010, 15:44

I agree. Although their standards have gone down, I always seem to support them, being Zambian. The last flight back from Joburg, the "late boarders" climbed into the plane with buckets of KFC - which stank the whole plane out. They were well prepared for the journey and the rest of us "chuckled!"
Got it

ZAMBEZI AIRLINES

Postby OBSERVER » 22nd September 2010, 23:54

Dear Zambia,

AS MUCH AS WE HAVE COME TO APPRECIATE THE INTRODUCTION OF NEW AIRLINES , IT WOULD BE NICE TO ALSO HAVE STAFF TRAINED TO INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS WERE SERVICE PROVISION IS CONCERNED.

On this particular encounter dear Zambians i was excited to fly to SA on our very own Zambezi airlines on the 11th and 14th of sept 2010, the food and all else was fantastic but one thing was lacking.
The hostesses i personally think need more training, there personality was 'flat' if you know what i mean. It was obvious that they were not properly trained on customer service and customer relations e.g
-feedback when asked for something or help
Most of all the SMILE that makes a difference that we Zambians are known for was nowhere to be seen.
I would love management to keep training and pick staff with the right personality.
wish you well and keep flying high.
OBSERVER
OBSERVER

Re: ZAMBEZI AIRLINES

Postby Showment » 27th September 2010, 12:07

Dear Zambia,

I am a regular on the Zambezi Airline route between Lusaka and Johannesburg. Its very true the food, beverages etc are fantastic but the staff leave much to be desired. I was on a flight as usual from JHB to LSK and after being served with hot Dinner, i asked for water and a beer at the same time only to be told by a not so friendly Hostess (Lady) that i could not take two drinks at one go. Who is she to decide how i take my drinks in the first place, after all i paid for the service and it says so on the ticket that beverages are on the house. To make the matters worse, after i had eaten my Dinner and taken my water i then asked for a Castle (They had only two types of Lagers on board the other one bieng Mosi) it took about an hour before the drink was brought and after taking that Castle i asked for another one only to told i could not take another one because we would soon be descending for Lusaka.

Maybe they shud now be indicating on the tickets hw much of the beverages one passenger shud take on a particular flight otherwise we shall go back to SAA and we will have another Zambian Airways Case- CLOSE DOWN!
Showment

Return to Transport (Buses, coaches, railways, airlines, logistics, etc.)