INTERCAPE HORROR

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

INTERCAPE HORROR

Postby Mrs M » 2nd January 2013, 15:10

Dear Zambia,
I would like to express my horror and dismay at the services and customer care provided by intercape bus services, my husband and I booked to travel to south africa on 20th December and also booked return tickets for 27th december. Our journey there was excruciatingly long because apparently the drivers are not supposed to drive over 100km/hr something we only found out after over 30 hours of travelling at 50 km/hr. The host was okay not as friendly as you would expect a host to be but much better than our host on our return, he managed to arrange to get the intercape bus passengers quickly through the zambian and zimbabwean borders and constantly communicated with us on our stops and other incidentals. The journey was made worse as there was no form of entertainment except music (all genres of music) even though it is stated on the ticket that only christian material is shown on the bus which isn't a problem if they would atleast show movies.
On the our way back our intercape hosts were Patrick and Precious and our drivers were Masiliso and Alick, our journey started gruesomely slow from johannesburg 28th December 09hrs and the expected time of arrival to lusaka was 12hrs on 21st December. Our host Patrick started out by welcoming us on board and giving us instructions on how to utilise the aircon and on board toilet. As we proceeded on our journey without any movies just the usual blare of christian and non christian music. We moved slowly as usual with random stops which no one explained to us. We arrived at beit bridge and stayed there for over 4hours and were answered very rudely by the driver Masiliso. The female host precious went and slept in the bus while everyone was asked to stand outside for 4hours and responded very irritably and hostile whenever any enquiries as to what the delay was. Passengers where tired and were all wondering what was going on, finally we got on and were informed by a passenger that one of the women who was travelling with an old passport had been detained. Unfortunately we were detained for another over 3hours at chirundu border with rude looks from our female host Precious and driver Masiliso who were avoided and just talked to Patrick and Alick. After a gruelling long journey we arrived not at 12hrs (AM) but 21hrs (PM). I should say that I will not recommend this bus to anyone and will take my chances with the other coaches.

Highly Dissapointed.Dear Zambia,
Mrs M

Re: INTERCAPE HORROR

Postby Guest » 2nd January 2013, 15:19

What did you expect from a coach trip first class airbus a360 first class treatment? Next time save up for a plane ticket or better yet don't go to South Africa ku Zimya neighbour . No sympathy from me

Postby Guest » 2nd January 2013, 15:30

[quote="Guest"]What did you expect from a coach trip first class airbus a360 first class treatment? Next time save up for a plane ticket or better yet don't go to South Africa ku Zimya neighbour . No sympathy from me[/quote]

Wow how ignorant can you be, so just because one does not fly they should accept horrible services? People should not stop using the bus because of horrible attitude. We have freedom of speech and must speak out am sure you are used to being treated anyhow and dont say anything mwe bampiya tulekeni tulandeko

Postby Guest » 2nd January 2013, 15:36

Entertain us what's a good bus service ? One that drives at 200km/h? You are demanding champagne service on an iceblocks budget. Please tell us what va. the bus service do to make the trip bearable . Should they tie up old nfwitiz to their tyres for faster service? Should they play Rebecca Malope cd's and year culture to put your at ease? Gtfoh !!!!

Postby nkobuzu » 2nd January 2013, 15:43

Thank you Mrs M for sharing
nkobuzu

Postby Katundu » 2nd January 2013, 16:02

Mrs. M

I noticed you mentioned you had two bus drivers. One numskull named Masiliso and and another knucklehead named Alick. But you also complained about the bus policy of not letting one driver drive the bus for more than 100km at any given time. Are you telling me that these two idiots were so dumb they could not figure that they can take turns driving the damn bus for 100km stretches each?
Katundu

Postby Guest » 2nd January 2013, 16:12

Come on, honestly if you are realistic that is a long trip people should have some entertainment atleast a movie, alot of zambians are working hard doing alot of cross boarder trade the least they can get is comfortable ride and some common courtesy or should they also save for plane tickets?? Rabecca Malope is great but not for 30hours straight.

Postby Guest » 2nd January 2013, 16:16

Katundu wrote :
> Mrs. M
>
> I noticed you mentioned you had two bus drivers. One numskull named
> Masiliso and and another knucklehead named Alick. But you also complained
> about the bus policy of not letting one driver drive the bus for more than
> 100km at any given time. Are you telling me that these two idiots were so
> dumb they could not figure that they can take turns driving the damn bus
> for 100km stretches each?

Clearly not, its obviously not an easy feat driving all the way from s.a. but having to move at under 6okm its painstakingly slow :(

Postby Saviour » 2nd January 2013, 16:18

KWENA ULI CHIPUBA WEMBWA WEH
Guest wrote :
> What did you expect from a coach trip first class airbus a360 first class
> treatment? Next time save up for a plane ticket or better yet don't go to
> South Africa ku Zimya neighbour . No sympathy from me

Come on, honestly if you are realistic that is a long trip people should have some entertainment atleast a movie, alot of zambians are working hard doing alot of cross boarder trade the least they can get is comfortable ride and some common courtesy or should they also save for plane tickets?? Rabecca Malope is great but not for 30hours straight.
Saviour

Postby Saviour » 2nd January 2013, 16:20

Fima Guest nimwembwa swines!!!!
Saviour

Postby Katundu » 2nd January 2013, 16:21

oops, my bad. You are talking speed and I'm blubbering about the odometer. sorry Mrs M.
Katundu

Postby Guest » 2nd January 2013, 16:22

Then drink diazepam or drink some johnnys that will knock you out for the trip . 30 hours and you complain hy do you not make a simple radio with headphones play your own music.

Postby Mrs. Mbulo » 2nd January 2013, 16:28

Its really sad how people react when a complaint like this can be easily rectified, why should people fly when they are doing business and are using bus services to make their livelihood better? Why should someone drink alcohol to knock them out when its as easy as providing guests on a bus a movie to entertain them on their long journey.
Mrs. Mbulo

Postby Guest » 2nd January 2013, 16:31

So when you complain ona website you think that will somehow solve anything ? You sure are special in a levy hospital neighbour type of way.

Postby Mrs. Mbulo » 2nd January 2013, 16:34

Well thats the reason this forum was created, i have aired my views & you are free to express you opinion as well afterall its the main use of this website isn't it? :)
Mrs. Mbulo

Postby Katundu » 2nd January 2013, 18:41

Listen here Mrs. Mbulo, don't pay attention to the naysayers. Some people like to critique because they have nothing better to do. You are damn right, this website was set up for the very kind of issue you brought up. I don't know why so many of us Zambians seem content with rubbish service.
Katundu

Postby The Observer » 24th May 2013, 08:30

I am not sure about this 'sad' story. I thought Intercape provided one of the best services in the transportation industry. Well, I just need to find out myself, but again it will be subjecting myself to the 'horror' that Mrs M went through. I just wonder why Intercape owners have not responded. There could be some truth in this.... Hey I rest my case..
The Observer

Postby slumdog shalapungu » 24th May 2013, 08:49

Well looks like they haven't seen the slumdog horror yet.
slumdog shalapungu

Postby Queenie » 25th May 2013, 00:32

They know that its only desperate people that uses their services.

"desperate people are easy prey for manipulation"
i dont like to ride a public bus in africa for more than 15 minutes in not in a long time coming, when i do, i do it for the heck of it, just to checkout the 'mood' in the country. Feel how the people are behaving. I hate the loud music, loud preachers who are actually 419 beggers, smelly armpits, people who loudly sing church music, people who rub their sweaty bodies on others, conductors and drivers with an attitude.
Queenie

Postby Chipoto » 25th May 2013, 03:49

Queenie

You and I seem to hate the same things. Except for one. Or two actually. I like the smell of sweaty armpits and body odors on the public bus. And I like to ride public transportation on a regular basis.

I like to stay grounded. And of course, I like to hear all the bitching and whining and the other personal shit people talk on top of their voices into cheap cell phones these days. I like that. When you just sit back and listen to otherwise dull people, you learn so much. so much.
Chipoto

Next Page

Return to Transport (Buses, coaches, railways, airlines, logistics, etc.)