Mercury "Express" Logistics

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

Mercury "Express" Logistics

Postby Ruth » 20th August 2013, 15:59

Dear Zambia,

I have been a faithful customer of Mercury Express Logistics for over a year because of my obsession for online shopping. Over the past months however, I have been quite disappointed with their services. Quite recently, I bought a number of parcels from the UK and had them delivered to their Office in the UK. I confirmed with my supplier that the packages had been received on the 6th of August. To date, 2 of the 6 packages that were delivered to the Mercury Office in the UK have not been presented to me. I have been to their offices on a number of occasions being advised that my parcels have not arrived. Further to my disappointment, the lady I dealt with was VERY RUDE and could not offer me a reasonable explanation as to why my parcels were missing. To cut a long story short, it appears they are failing to deal with their increased demand and have neglected what is important i.e. Express logistics and proper customer service. Far from Disappointed Customer
Ruth

Re: Mercury "Express" Logistics

Postby Much end eee » 20th August 2013, 16:20

Dear Ruth,

Here is what you should do. Ask someone who is close to you. Your husband, boyfriend, sister, mother, whatever. Ask them to give you a few good slaps on your cheeks. That will help you wake up from your delusions.

Good luck.
Much end eee

Postby oliver » 20th August 2013, 16:34

thats unfortunate but i have never used their services before .
there was a time i used my stanchart VISA debit card to purchase books, blu ray DVDs and CDs online but the bank has since suspended the service so what i want to know from you Ruth is by what means do you transfer funds online?

the DVDs never worked by the way. dvd player regional conflict.
oliver

Postby Mary » 21st October 2013, 12:26

Dear Ruth,
Please advise was your complaint resolved. I am currently undergoing the same experience.
Mary

Postby Rev. s#!*% » 21st October 2013, 20:39

Mary

you should really hook up with this Ruth chick. The two of you can start an Online shoppers Anonymous club. You girls can support each other with this disease. And with God's grace, maybe you will spare some poor husband from going bankrupt.
Rev. s#!*%

Postby Guest » 27th October 2013, 06:12

Having the same issues here, thinking of involving my lawyer now. I had to travel to lsk in Oct to get my pacel which arrived in June. Very inefficient.

Postby aware » 7th November 2013, 17:01

U bot In june?.whr Did u order from the usa or uk. And wt did u order. I did order a phone frm the uk (ebay.co.uk)fr the 1st tym in august tho I ws awre of their degrading online shoppin service . And aftr 2weeks wen to check I found it arrived so I tried buyin another one bt it hs not yet arrived its goin to be a month now . They have even deleted their facebook page which they dnt respond to customers complaints posted evryday. Anyway they nw hv competitors who have a little bit higher rates than mercury.tho haven't tried them.
aware

Postby olive » 9th February 2014, 15:50

women today actually work. some even earn more money than their husbands/partners. stop being petty and judgmental and just shut up if you have nothing useful to contribute.
olive

Postby Rev. s#!*% » 10th February 2014, 18:07

Olive my dear, are you talking to me??? Because if you are, you are barking up the wrong tree. I personally know many women who make more money than their husbands. And these women also tend to be very responsible and very calculating with their money. They do not waste money on stupid online shopping.
Rev. s#!*%

Postby Theeye » 11th February 2014, 10:59

Totally agree, Mercury service is dreadful. I've since moved to ONE WORLD FRIGHT & LOGISTICS, its under the auspices of FEDEX and their rates are about the same with Mercury except with ONE World you get a more efficient and polite service, try them out, you'll thank me for it.
Theeye

Postby Localman » 18th February 2014, 20:14

Me too. I used to use Mercury but due to their shitty service, I went down south to the kalahari and hired a couple of bushmen. They now do all my deliveries and pick-ups. So dear friends, if you happen to catch a glimpse of naked short men with kinky hair and large packages on their heads, zipping about in Lusaka, please do not hassle them. They are my delivery men.

Thanks.
Localman

Postby frustrated » 23rd March 2014, 15:33

Am also undergoing a similar problem with mercury, I odered an item on 28th january, to date I haven't received my item. I contacted he seller of the I tem who sent me copies of signed deliverly slips to the mercury adress in uk. The sad part about it is their poor customer service. Am planning on visiting their head offices to make my claimf
frustrated

Postby Bwalya » 26th March 2014, 00:06

Anyone who has ever shopped online from Mercury know how inefficient their process is. Do you know they had the audacity to say that they "are not liable for lost or damaged goods"!!! They have even removed their facebook page so that you cant see all the complaints from other customers. Its very disheartening what customers have to go through. Very bad customer service. So apparently there is a new online shopping company for those of us who buy from the U.S. It is called GPS Logistics Couriers - Zambia and . I like that you can track your parcel all the way to Zambia from the U.S. when they ship it to you and that they ship with FedEx and DHL. They have an office in Lusaka and in the U.S. When I saw FedEx and DHL, I thought they are expensive but realized they are actually cheaper when I actually looked at the shipping rates of a 12 pound box containing a laptop and shoes using FedEx and DHL directly. Am impressed!! I hope they don't become comfortable and take their customers for granted like Mercury has done. Their website is www.glzambia.com for anyone who wants to check them out.
Bwalya

Postby Nalyabwali » 26th March 2014, 00:19

[quote="Bwalya"]
!! I hope they don't become comfortable and take their customers for granted like Mercury has done. Their website is http://www.glzambia.com for anyone who wants to check them out.[/quote]

Bwalya, you did not say how long this new ka company hs been in business. Although you summed up the Zambia business M.O. quite well. They start on a high note and get lazy and go down the toilet. But as they say, there is a first time for anything. Maybe GPS Logistics Couriers is that service company that will finally lift Zambia from the 19th century. We can only cross our fingers and wait.
Nalyabwali

Postby Bwalya » 26th March 2014, 18:15

Nalyabwali;

Am not sure how long they have been in business. It looks like Oct 2013 from their Facebook page. "lift Zambia from the 19th century". That was painfully funny. Yeah its hard to take a big leap with a new company. Next week am ordering something small with Amazon and see how it works with GPS Logistics Couriers - Zambia before I spend too much money like with using Mercury and not getting your package.
Bwalya

Postby Bwalya » 26th March 2014, 18:18

They wont reimburse you for your money if thats what you are thinking unless you purchased your items through them. They told me they are not liable for any lost or damaged parcels when I asked them about lost parcels. Good luck though.
Bwalya

Postby Bwalya » 26th March 2014, 18:21

frustrated wrote :
> Am also undergoing a similar problem with mercury, I odered an item on 28th
> january, to date I haven't received my item. I contacted he seller of the I
> tem who sent me copies of signed deliverly slips to the mercury adress in
> uk. The sad part about it is their poor customer service. Am planning on
> visiting their head offices to make my claimf

Sorry the previous response was meant for Frustrated before they spend too much money traveling to Mercury's office.
Bwalya

Postby Vut$ » 10th June 2014, 18:15

How I wish I had seen this before 30th April, 2014. I made a purchase on that day and believe it or not the tell me today that my goods haven't been shipped yet ( 39 days after they received them- which they have confirmed ). What kind of service is this? They might as well stop that line of business if they can't so it. #disgustedformermercurycustomer
Vut$

Postby Chenjelani » 11th June 2014, 01:01

Vuts,
Now you and I have learned the same lesson. I too learned the hard way that DZ is a fountain of knowledge. Alas, by the time I read the valuable information I need here, I had already sold my sperm to a very low bidder. Had I come here before I sold my sperm I would have gotten top dollar.
Chenjelani

Postby KTM » 16th June 2014, 10:56

OMG i wish i had seen all this before i ordered !!!! will use fedex next time. Ordered my things over a month ago i still have not received them
KTM

Next Page

Return to Transport (Buses, coaches, railways, airlines, logistics, etc.)