CIDRZ Office Alarm

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

CIDRZ Office Alarm

Postby Neighbourhood » 1st December 2010, 14:01

Dear Zambia,

I would like to complain about an organisation called CIDRZ in Northmead. They have their offices opposite the former Government flats. Almost every weekend (and any other day) in the past 3 months their alarm has been ringing just before people go to sleep. It rings the whole night till the following day. The most irritating thing is that its stops ringing at intervals of 10 or so minutes and then starts again after 5 minutes. A number of residents around the area have approached them and they just dont seem to care! They will not fix the thing! I think people take advantage of us in Z, we don't like taking action. But on this one, I think I will take actionDear Zambia,
Neighbourhood

Re: CIDRZ Office Alarm

Postby Bwazuu » 1st December 2010, 14:41

Why dont you get a police order issued to them for disturbing the peace. I think if you all signed a petition against them, the Police will 'protect and serve' you as concerned citizens, by ordering CIRDZ to do something about their alarm.

I would think that their security company should also be concerned about the alarm going off without cause. I know that with our company, we get charged for rapid response and also for false alarms if your alarm goes off unnecessarily over three times in a month.

For CIRDZ, an alarm ringing incessantly through the night sort of defeats the purpose of alarms... hello!!!...alarms are supposed to go off when an intruder or unathorised person enters your premises and does not disarm the system. I guess theirs is a different type... the ringing probably makes robbers afraid to enter the premises for fear of bursting their ear drums from the noise and they have the whole neighborhood acting as default security guards, by virtue of the fact that you all cant sleep a wink and the robbers know you are probably awake, looking out your windows the whole night.
Bwazuu

Postby Guest » 21st July 2011, 09:03

I would like to confirm that this problem has since been resolved.

CIDRZ is an organization that exists for the people of Zambia and would not do anything to inconvenience them and the peace we continue to enjoy. The delay in getting this resolved was simply because communication was not directed at the right people.

We regret the inconvenience that this caused to members of the neighborhood and hope that we can continue to enjoy our friendly neighborhood in peace.

Be blessed

Postby Nefertiti » 21st July 2011, 09:44

Guest,
I found your comment a tad patronising. The communication was not directed at the right people? What, were the 'right people' on a three month extended vacation? How old do you think your audience here is? I have heard of snail mail but, come on!!! Go dig out another excuse.
Nefertiti

Return to Miscellaneous (Anything not covered in the other categories)