Post Zambia website goes sucking

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

Post Zambia website goes sucking

Postby Bamwine » 20th December 2010, 09:20

Dear Zambia,

For sometime now, The Post Zambia website has been one of my favorites for a long time. I catch-up with news snippets way before the printed paper hits my desk. It's also been useful for seeing some of the interesting pictures in their color version. Alas the last week or so the thing (website) has been going non-functional again.

C'mon guys. For such a professional website those errors, on the index page. I have to add /index.php for me to see the first page even. And now they have introduced the login system (i think they tried this before and it failed lamentably). I am a firm believer that everything should have a reason. Just creating a login system because it is available does not make sense. Is it a security issue? Do they need for people to pay? Funny thing is I am required to login to even see the login page - what's up with that?

Anyway, I miss the old post and so far my desire to vist that site has reduced by a factor of 10! Sorry Freddy but your website sucketh right now!!
Bamwine

Re: Post Zambia website goes sucking

Postby Plofessor » 20th December 2010, 10:02

Doesn't the print edition sucketh too?
Plofessor

Postby Ritah » 20th December 2010, 10:08

many african countries has a similiar website like the post they are all free to browse.. I think ba post wants you to subscribe, i wont pay a dime just to see sad news from around Zed.
Ritah

Postby Bamwine » 20th December 2010, 10:20

The Post is the worst at rumour mongering. But hey, they have a paper to sell.

The upside is it good evidence of how tolerable our governments are concerning some other governments. The Post has probably wikileaked everything to what time Bwezani wakes up from bed, they are still running a newspaper. I am not sure their online content is worth subscribing at this stage. Maybe for people in the diaspora who have itching ears that believe everything the post says to be yes and amen.

As for me and my household - in post subscription out i go. Epo mpelele!!
Bamwine

Postby Dee Dee » 20th December 2010, 15:11

ba mwine r u the big gun behind the mwine on blogspot?

am jus curious.
Dee Dee

Postby Bamwine » 20th December 2010, 16:01

Dee Dee.

Nope. What is the link to that one so i can check it out? Just curious :)

I have just noticed that the Post have put a notice on the website. Much better - so maybe they read DZ.

It was funny that before this, they had a link to a notice on technical problems on their website but when you clicked on the link, you got the same error that the requested link could not be accessed due to technical problems. Funny this chicken and egg, vicious cycle joke. epo mpelele... :)))
Bamwine

Postby Friday » 20th December 2010, 18:33

Dee Dee

Maybe Bamwine is not that particular big gun but he is a big gun nonetheless.

Many of us here are more like Smith & Wesson .38s. Bamwine is more like a Soviet IS-3 tank gun.
Friday

Postby Dee Dee » 21st December 2010, 10:34

http
://
themwine dot blogspot dot com
Dee Dee

Postby Bamwine » 21st December 2010, 16:24

Dee dee.

My dear girl - please stay away from 'The Mwine' it will lead you to no good :). Ha ha ha!! Tickle tickle tickle.

Anyways, apart from the 'fs' and 'bs' and 'Cs' - guess every letter of the alphabet you can fathom - written in uprintable fashion, he could be my long lost twin sibling.
Bamwine

Return to Miscellaneous (Anything not covered in the other categories)