Multichoice at it - Again

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

Multichoice at it - Again

Postby Muntublest » 6th January 2011, 14:31

Dear Zambia,

Barely a day has passed since I complimented Multichoice on their cost saving on the abolishment of the dish magazine (whose benefits we hope to reap from as customers) and they are at it again. Disconnecting my account which I had duly paid before expiry of of the "window" period. What kind of inefficiency is this? I had to start calling their notorious answering machine to ensure my account was reconnected at much expense. The lady on the other end was even asking what day i had paid, isnt that information supposed to show on my account?

Can't these thing be computerised so that when a customer pays, "it shows"?
Muntublest

Re: Multichoice at it - Again

Postby Chuck » 6th January 2011, 14:52

The last thing you should ask a customer is to start using their memory - like i paid this and this day. i mean, who memorizes such things? just giving us headaches. Ask your computer for goodness sake.
Chuck

Postby Girl » 6th January 2011, 15:16

Ok Muntublest I know you're fuming at the idiotic Multichoice but in that frenzy did you forget that you could as well have posted your dismay on the same thread you started the other day instead of writing a new letter? Eheheee...

Yeah, that's Multichoice, they'll even ask you to remove your smartcard from your decoder then apologise upon realizing they don't need any details from there. And then us women scream our nails! Muntu, you spoke too soon about these guys going green. For every one commendation they receive, Multichoice will disappoint you three nice times. Don't forget, Muntu to remind them of your deserved week's free view for inconveniencing you.
Girl

Postby Muntublest » 6th January 2011, 15:51

Girl,

Eheee! You are probably right, but I thought they might miss the post altogether!

Tell me, do they give that kind of freebie? I would love to claim it
Muntublest

Postby MISS MUZUNGU » 6th January 2011, 16:10

MUNTUBLEST,
U ARE ALL LAUGHING AT ME FOR MY CAPS, BUT THEY WORK.
I GOT A BRAND NEW PVR JUST BEFORE NEW YEAR ABSOLUTELY FREE.
WHY ARE U CALLING ANSWERING MACHINES WHEN I POSTED HERE THE DIRECT CELL NUMBER, WHERE U ARE SERVED FAST?
FIND THE OLD POST AND GET THE NUMBER.
MISS MUZUNGU

Postby Bamwine » 6th January 2011, 16:12

Muntublest

In general sales people who sit in front of computers make me wonder. Again maybe its not there fault. In this day and age these databases at ZESCO, lusaka water and the like cannot find your name - they would rather send you back home to look for some long number sequence than just search for your name or street address and get your payment. One would think? But again these are jobs where people are not paid to think - i suspect they are warned not to use their brains even if they got great temptation to.

But it gets my goats every time sales people or support people ask dumb questions like that. Like Airtel people ask me what phone number I am using? Cmon: when i call somebody on a simple phone, they will see your number how come Airtel cannot tell what number I am using. dumb right?
Bamwine

Postby Simon Bota » 6th January 2011, 16:44

Dear Muntublest,

please call 0211 368315 and ask for Fyonse or Emmanuel. I am not sure that I understand what happened to your account.
Simon Bota

Postby Girl » 6th January 2011, 17:01

Muntublest, that was Bota himself writing to you, Bota, hear that? Now, pick up the phone and call that number at your cost, I'm sure you will get more than just a week's free viewing! Claim that, Ok Muntu?

And Botha PLZ caution your people against asking us dumb questions like when we paid our subs, we are too busy to remember those details.

Thank you.
Girl

Return to Miscellaneous (Anything not covered in the other categories)