re: DEARZAMBIA.COM conduct rules - by admin

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

re: DEARZAMBIA.COM conduct rules - by admin

Postby Participant » 26th July 2010, 19:37

Dear Mr. admin,

Thank you sir for providing us with this medium of communication. Much appreciated.

Like any civilized entity, it is good to abide by certain rules of conduct. I totally agree with you on the need for civility and proper conduct.

I only have one personal complaint which has no bearing on ZOL or the rules you have laid out. For a country like Zambia, I find that we take ourselves far too seriously. I think it's great to take yourself seriously in matters of productivity. Countries that are far more productive than Zambia, tend to enjoy having a good laugh at their own expense. I find that humor in Zambia is in short supply. And far too many of us have extremely short fuses.

Enough said. Good night, and thanks again.
Participant

Re: re: DEARZAMBIA.COM conduct rules - by admin

Postby S'KHOKO » 26th July 2010, 20:04

i agree with the writer,lets build on the negatives & lets concentrate on how best we can improve,lets compare ourselves to other countries we've been to but lets pride in what we are capable of doing....i know a lot of Zambians who have done good & they are not even mentioned,lets put our energy in something that will form something solid,am talking from suggestion like bus stops should be cleaned foe example & then with a bit of help we could take it up to talk to the relevant authorities to help us....coming to the laughs we can all have a laugh once in a while about a lot of things like 'how some musicians sing about love when they end up with hookers'(joking) but to the writer of the letter i gave a thumbs up
good night
S'KHOKO

Postby Participant » 27th July 2010, 04:56

Mr. S'KHOKO,

That is my point as well. I really would rather us put our energy into something solid, as you said. My observation on this matter is based on the impression that since 1964, most of our national endeavors have amounted to nothing more than a joke. Maybe not by design, but we should be far ahead economically and in other sphere, if we were truly serious about our most urgent national matters. Instead we cause an uproar over name calling and the like.

Maybe name calling is childish or unproductive, but there are more important issues we should be making an uproar about. I personally would not mind at all if someone calls me any sort of unflattering name but assures me that he is a true patriot committed to the advancement of this country and will never engage in theft of any kind. Such a man can call me any names he wants, if it so pleases him. If he abides by his pledge to this country, he will have done all I ask of any Zambian.
Participant

Postby Cindy » 9th December 2010, 11:28

FYI... this is how we began... and how we have continued... Let me hear a round of applause for Participant.
Cindy

Postby MISS MUZUNGU » 9th December 2010, 11:38

DEARS,
I AGREEEEE!
THERE ARE MANY SERIOUS ISSUES HERE, AND THOUGH WE ALL CRACK JOCKS INBETWEEN, WE ARE MAKING PROGRESS.
THATS WHY I STARTED A NEW TOPIC LAUGH.... SO WE CAN KEEP THE SERIOUS ISSUES SERIOUS, AND THE JOCKS ASIDE.
EVERY ONE NEEDS A JOCK ONES IN A WHILE.
MISS MUZUNGU

Postby Sanni » 9th December 2010, 12:02

I concur with Miss M and Cindy. We all need to laugh sometimes. And besides Mr Admin is very quick to crack his whip when a topic over steps the borders of decency!

I for one totally enjoy this forum... we even have parties being organised...ahem..Miss M, I see that people are taking the liberty to invite themselves to your party..so am jumping on the band wagon!
Sanni

Postby MISS MUZUNGU » 9th December 2010, 12:22

SANNY BABY,
(I AM MARA TODAY)
I INVITED GOT IT.
NOW U PEOPLE HAVE U SEEN. ALL THIS ARGUING INVITED ME TO A PARTY.
IT PAYS TO ARGUE SOME TIME.
NOW DONT START ARGUING ALL OF U , U MIGHT NOT BE INVITED.
BY THE WAY ZESCO WENT AWAY FOR A SHORT WHILE.
MISS MUZUNGU

Return to Miscellaneous (Anything not covered in the other categories)