LETS NATIONALISE MINES IN ZAMBIA !!

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

Re: LETS NATIONALISE MINES IN ZAMBIA !!

Postby It » 16th May 2011, 18:09

Guest my dear friend,
thank you. You have me off to a great start of my work week. Nothing like a bellowing laughter early morning on Monday. You blew the Monday blues right out of my window.

Thanks again, dear.
It

Postby GIFTED HANDS » 17th May 2011, 08:53

I thank you all friends who Contributed to this debate!Am pretty sure that even if we were four or five contributing to this discussion,we represent a multitude of the Zambian population.If i were a leader and then my advisors gave me this kind of a piece of their mind on this matter of Nationalisation,indeed i would be wise to listen to their concerns,because then not only would i be a sensible leader but i would save the economy from a catastrophic fall.

I did bring up this motion/topic deliberately so we could debate it.Though i would want to advice friends who love insults,bad language scripts,calling each other names,that,thats not the way to go.Otherwise it's been worth it ya !I will be back with another interesting and HOT issue.

Later and many thanks !

Gifted Hands
KITWE RESIDENT
GIFTED HANDS

Postby Citizen Mwanza » 17th May 2011, 21:43

Gifted my very dear man,

One of the gifts we received in this country along with the ouster of Kaunda is the freedom to voice our opinion, no matter how misguided those views may be.

Trust me Gifted, you can rest assured that no matter what you say here, you will not be awaken in the middle of the night by a knock on your door and men with long trench coats waiting to whisk you away to a dark room in a red brick building. That will not happen to you. Not in this day. Not in this Zambia.

So go ahead and indulge your fantasies about government owned mines.
Citizen Mwanza

Postby GIFTED HANDS » 18th May 2011, 15:54

Citizen Mwanza i hear you !
GIFTED HANDS

Postby cms » 19th May 2011, 13:59

GIFTED HAND,

Before your completely sign off, I just want to tell you that their are two major enemies in our running of businesses, mines included. The first enemy is Economic Independence. Fact is that despite having the political independence, Africa has never had economic Independence. You and others talked of LME, controlling our copper prices. There are plenty of such vices making sure that we don't directly and properly benefit from the vast natural resources. The second enemy is OURSELVES! I specifically mean the African Leaders and their rotten management systems! They are a total disgrace and have fueled the economic dependence (read: control). As such, few trust Africans with any form of management. We are totally good at mismanagement, hence this strong belief that an investor is always non-African.

For some of us who benefited ( as school kids and lads) from the past ZCCM's of this World, it was so good and paradise! But alas, we did not know that there was no re-investment! The rest is history, trying to be re-visited by this topic.
cms

Postby Local boy » 20th May 2011, 19:22

You are a man of integrity CMS. Admitting that you are enjoying life today thanks to mismanagement and the abuse of power by our forefathers. I hope you have resolved to give back some.

I myself didn't get any significant benefit from the Kaunda era except for the free fanta and local buns they gave us on Independence day. But even that came at a price. We had to stand in the sun and sing silly songs praising Kaunda. You know how that sun burns in October. By the time that fanta and local buns lands in your lap you are almost croaking with exhaustion. Then just when you think the punishment is over, after the last drop of fanta you get another call to go sing praise songs again.

Whenever Independence day rolled around, my friends and I used to debate whether we should skip school and miss out on the fanta and local buns or we should go and get humiliated with those silly songs and Unip slogans. Unfortunately, the fanta temptation was too much. Year in and year out we opted to succumb to the temptation of fanta and local buns. And those Unip women with there ululating and dancing, they always kicked up a dust storm, which only added insult to injury.

But that Kaunda mwandi, if I could I would surely slap him a few.
Local boy

Postby GIFTED HANDS » 29th May 2011, 11:46

CMS so what solutions can we provide?And then how can we execute them?
GIFTED HANDS

Previous Page

Return to Miscellaneous (Anything not covered in the other categories)