Zambian companies and email

» Topic locked   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

Re: Zambian companies and email

Postby Kanswa » 19th May 2011, 10:10

"twalibelela uku shoutwa" = "twalibelela ukutu shouta" = "twalibelesha ukutu shouta" = "twalibelela ukutu shouta"

Strictly speaking, there can be a small difference (depending on context) between "twalibelela" (we are used to) and "twalibelesha" which can also mean "we are too used to".
Kanswa

Postby Kasuta » 20th May 2011, 01:55

Mr. Kanswa,

Maybe you can also help me with a translation. This pair of Watchtowers accosted me in town last month. They kept blubbering in very rabid Bemba, which of course I did not understand a word. Anyway to make a long story short we parted our ways after they offered me some reading material. It was a small book with newspaper-like pages. Me being me, I went home and proceeded to using the pages to smoke my ganja. The paper tasted a bit cheap, but not too bad.

Anyways now I'm left with the cover which is unsmokable. The title on the cover says: "Bushe Kuti Mwatemwa Ukwishiba Icine?" and then below that in smaller print it says: "Icine pali finshi? Cine pa mepusho yamo yamo ayo abantu bepusha ilingi line."

That cover is definitely destined for the trash bin. But I was just curious as to what exactly those watchtowers were peddling. Would you care to translate for me please, Mr. Kanswa? Many thanks.
Kasuta

Postby Kanswa » 20th May 2011, 07:40

Very funny Kasuta. Lay off the weed. Bad for your brain cells.

"Bushe Kuti Mwatemwa Ukwishiba Icine?" = "Would you like to know the truth?"

"Icine pali finshi?" = "The truth about what?"

"Cine pa mepusho yamo yamo ayo abantu bepusha ilingi line." = ???

From the context, it seems like it was supposed to be "Icine pa mepusho....." You probably left out an "I" at the beginning in which case it would mean "The truth about certain questions that people ask a lot". "Cine" means "four". It also has another meaning that I find a bit difficult to translate accurately.

Glad to be of service.
Kanswa

Postby Guest » 20th May 2011, 11:30

Kanswa and Kasuta,

I thought the topic here was companies and e-mails. When did it turn into Bemba lessons?

Postby Kasuta » 20th May 2011, 17:16

Mr. Kanswa,

Thank you sir. I had to pull out that cover again to see if I had misspelled something. But no sir, that's what it says. "Cine pa mepusho yamo yamo ayo abantu bepusha ilingi line". Now you are telling me they botched the language. Which makes me wonder what else those two watchtowers screwed up. I'm glad I never trusted them.

ba Guest baba, nkhalani chabe zii. Translation: put a muzzle on your trap please sir.
Kasuta

Postby Guest » 20th May 2011, 22:58

Kasuta,

Chill. Not only men access this forum. Women can be computer literate, too, you know. I just asked an innocent question. Why're you sweating it? Criticism should not call for unnecessary rudeness. That shows immaturity.

Anyhow, I guess it nigh impossible to have an intelligent, mature debate here, so....

Postby Kasuta » 20th May 2011, 23:17

ba Guest ma'am,
are you trying to tell me that it's time for me to shut up now? Ok, message understood. But before I zip it, please allow me to say just one more thing. I think you look lovely tonight:)
Kasuta

Postby Kasuta » 20th May 2011, 23:43

This is a message to all you nice people on DZ.

If you happen to see me and my friend Mr. Kanswa just shooting the breeze and in your mind you conclude that we are too immature and too unintelligent for your taste, please feel free to push the 'ignore' button. Just pretend we are not even here and go on to doing your own mature and intelligent business.

Thank you people, good evening and pleasant dreams.
Kasuta

Postby Guest » 21st May 2011, 11:05

Kasuta wrote :
> This is a message to all you nice people on DZ.
>
> If you happen to see me and my friend Mr. Kanswa just shooting the breeze
> and in your mind you conclude that we are too immature and too
> unintelligent for your taste, please feel free to push the 'ignore' button.
> Just pretend we are not even here and go on to doing your own mature and
> intelligent business.
>
> Thank you people, good evening and pleasant dreams.

Kasuta,

My, my, my. Your reaction reminded me of my little 5 year niece when she can't get her own way. But, hey, we all live and learn, right? No offense/pun intended...

And something else I gleaned from your debate; you do have some level of intelligence and maturity (albeit on the lower scale...) so, keep it up. I'm sure you'll catch up some day. Hasta la vista, baby.

Postby Kasuta » 23rd May 2011, 18:45

Guest madam,
I like your niece already. She sounds like a feisty one.

Your intelligence and maturity however, I have no doubt about. I just assume you must be very intelligent and very mature. If I have to make an assumption, I like to assume on the positive side. I would never want to short-change you when I don't even know you.
Kasuta

Postby Guest » 24th May 2011, 04:19

Kasuta
You know the saying 'don't assume because you make an ass outta me and u'. I wasn't assuming anything. It was a very clear deduction from your arguments.
As for my niece, she sure one hell of a fiesty lil' thang that's still got one or two life's little experiences to learn.

Just because I said women can be computer literate did not mean to say I am a female. There you go again, Kasuta, making an 'ass' outta yourself. Jumping to conclusions can be detrimental to one's health.

Postby Kasuta » 24th May 2011, 07:12

And the low blows kept coming:)

Humanoid Guest, you are really hoping you can touch a raw nerve and I go catatonic. And then you will bring up another relative of yours who's like me. Maybe a shabby in-law or an aunt of questionable moral fiber. he he he.

Anyway humanoid Guest, I'm retired from the business of picking fights with total strangers on the Internet. So fire away. Call me names and asses and all. I'm glad to be of service. You can take off youe frastrations or whatever it is, on me. You are welcome.
Kasuta

Postby Guest » 24th May 2011, 16:14

Kasuta,
I'm glad you've come to your senses.

Cheerio.

Postby Kasuta » 24th May 2011, 16:30

Humanoid Guest, Humanoid Guest, Humanoid Guest,,, they surely broke the mold when you came out of the creator's oven:)
Kasuta

Postby Makes Sense » 24th May 2011, 17:17

To the person who started this topic,

The reason Zambian companies and email don't go hand in hand is because of what you've just witnessed right here, above us! See what a simple observation has degenerated into? A clash of egos and nieces. Maybe this is what the bosses want to avoid, hence the ir couldn't care less attitude towards using email.
Makes Sense

Postby Kasuta » 24th May 2011, 18:05

yo,
for the record, I lost mine in Kafue river. My ego, I mean. I was crossing the river in a canoe boat near Lufupa river camp and before I knew it, there goes my ego, floating downstream toward a gang of hippos. I think those hippos took my ego, if you ask me:)
Kasuta

Previous Page

Return to Miscellaneous (Anything not covered in the other categories)