Voting Wisely

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

Voting Wisely

Postby Eligible Poller » 2nd June 2011, 12:00

As we go towards elections,am still puzzled as in who to vote for.
Can someone convince me with their party....please state 10 good reasons as to why I should vote for your president.
Who knows,I might also convince other people to vote for your president.
Eligible Poller

Re: Voting Wisely

Postby April » 2nd June 2011, 12:17

Someone has already stated that even a mad person shall be put in state house this year...in order JUST TO HAVE CHANGE..hehehe
April

Postby E.Poller » 2nd June 2011, 16:08

hey mr April,be serious.we're toking about putting into plot 1 a person who will ensure that our kids find this country in a SANE manner.
E.Poller

Postby cadre Moja » 2nd June 2011, 17:49

Mr. Poller,
My advice to you is to stay home on election day. You don't sound like you know what the hell is going on anyway. Your vote would be a waste of government paper. I don't think I can think of many cases where disfranchisement could be justified. You are one of those rare cases. You may not be a criminal but as far as the next general elections are concerned, you are in the same category as prisoners. You are not worthy of the right to vote.
cadre Moja

Postby E.Poller » 2nd June 2011, 18:05

so many kids on this site.....bakabuudo imwe.
instead of wasting your dads network bundles on this site ,why dont you run to the TV room ,tune to Boomerang and watch SpongeBob or Johhny Bravo or Wacky races....come on now, run!
E.Poller

Postby Ballot » 3rd June 2011, 10:25

E.POLLER

vote for UPND
1) PF has no legal members. So no one to control the president of the party and no one to legally make accountable to Zambians. How do you prove you are PF.
2) PF not democratic. No internal elections. ( in future ECZ should insist on this before accepting nominations, just too many pocket parties)
3) PF leader is an intergral part of all this mess today. In 1996 venomously defended the current constitution and electrol process)
4) Most Zambians can not explain why they are negative about their own country. But this is a result of a well caculated and continous negative reporting by Mmembe ( whether this chap is just ignorant or being used we are yet to know). He has completely blackout HH due to bottom power.
5) PF want deplomatic ties with Taiwan! Not even USA and UK have dared.
6) PF is full of thugs
7) PF is tribal
8)HH is an elected representative of his Party. Educated yes Very educated
9) HH surrounded by men and women of high integrity
10) No need to talk about anything esle.

I am not one of those kabuudos. Please. ( You really made me laugh)
Ballot

Postby E.Poller » 3rd June 2011, 13:07

Thanx Ballot.atleast there is an adult on site !!!!
But why dont you give me the "advantanges" of HH instead of giving me the "disadvantages" of Sata?
It will make more sense for you to show / tell me the brighter side of HH & UPND,dont you think so?
Now am waiting for those 10 reasons why I should place my vote on HH....convince me bwana.
E.Poller

Postby Ballot » 4th June 2011, 09:02

E.Poller.

I will only give you one reason.
HH is the only one NOT politically contaminated.
Ballot

Postby Daryl Lukas » 4th June 2011, 19:19

i have made an interesting website, dedicated to this year's election. Visit it and 'vote' for your favourite candidate. Current results: michael sata is leading.
elect .unifacemash.site11 .com
Daryl Lukas

Postby E.Poller » 6th June 2011, 09:18

1.Lukas,how do we know you are double,triple,quadruple or multiple voting on your site?stop misleading people.
2.Ballot I said I need TEN REASONS,no wonder you fail your exams !simple instruction you fail to follow????
E.Poller

Postby Ballot » 6th June 2011, 12:25

E.Poller

You ve just lost my respect. This is not an exam and I have on obligation whatsoever to give YOU 10 reasons. I can give 50 reason time allowing. If you are that desperate for the Ten reason pay a consultant. What are you anyway a Shu shu? The kabuudo had a point.
Ballot

Postby april » 6th June 2011, 13:35

NAREP IS THE WAY TO GO....
april

Postby Daryl Lukas » 6th June 2011, 14:48

E.Poller
Then the site would be would be useless if i was da one making da votes. Why would i want to do that?? I'm misleading anyone. I'm just a student of UNZA who created a web service intended to provide a social network for zambians who are interested in this year's elections. I have no dog in this fight. I didnt even get a chance to obtain a voter's card. The votes on the site were made be people who visited it. Besides, votes on the site don't represent what the entire country wants from the elections. Results change at any time. 2 weeks ago HH was in the lead
Daryl Lukas

Postby Guest » 6th June 2011, 14:50

spelling corrections:

E.Poller
Then the site would be would be useless if i was da one making da votes. Why would i want to do that?? I'm not misleading anyone. I'm just a student of UNZA who created a web service intended to provide a social network for zambians who are interested in this year's elections. I have no dog in this fight. I didnt even get a chance to obtain a voter's card. The votes on the site were made be people who visited it. Besides, votes on the site don't represent what the entire country wants from the elections. Results change at any time. 2 weeks ago HH was in the lead

Postby E.Poller » 6th June 2011, 16:03

1.Ladies & gents,am begining to get worried now.so far ALL of you have FAILED to give me reasons why you support your party?????here is a clue : pick something from your party manifesto...come on guys.
or maybe its a case of "blindly following wherever the crowd goes".
2. April ,I want 10 reasons as to why "NAREP is the way to go".
E.Poller

Postby April » 7th June 2011, 12:38

E Poller

i will give you at least the basics why i was inspired.

1] They articulate isssues [i heard them explaining their policy on education i was impressed]
2] At least they show maturity
3] A lot of leanened guys
4] They do interact with the people on the ground [unless they will change]
5] They have a heart for the people
6] They have a mixture of the young and the old [at least willing to work with all ages]
7] They understand issues on a global perspective
8] Still energytic
9] Not recycled
10 Humble
April

Postby E.Poller » 7th June 2011, 13:58

Thanx April.that sounds good.
how popular is NAREP?you know the dilemma is that the good small parties are not even popular,I might just end up "wasting" my vote.not wasting as in a bad sense like trashing or throwing into the gabbage bin but wasting as in "my vote not taking any effect on the overall picture".wat do you think?
E.Poller

Postby cadre Moja » 8th June 2011, 00:39

E.Poller wrote :
> so many kids on this site.....bakabuudo imwe.
> instead of wasting your dads network bundles on this site ,why dont you run
> to the TV room ,tune to Boomerang and watch SpongeBob or Johhny Bravo or
> Wacky races....come on now, run!

Mr. Poller,
How are you doing this fine morning? How is that election campaign of yours coming along? Wait, were you running or were you confused about whose bandwagon to jump on? Either way, I hope you are exercising your duty as a citizen of the Republic of Zambia. Don't be like Freakazoid who says he will not vote this year, you hear me?
cadre Moja

Postby April » 9th June 2011, 13:46

E Poller,

You know what? i just dont vote blindly..i make sure i spread the my votes...say like i depict something in Sata which is trying to eradicate Corruption [only ] i give him the vote then i move on i check with Narep...i listened to JOHN Phiri, i tell you i was inspired. I never thought of education at that level..were you just study for the exam and it ends there..no...them they will go even further to equip you with knowledge which you can use your entire life to improve the economy..[according to them]. NOW ...all this been said by the aspiring candidates i only wish i could be protected by them signing somewhere so that if they fail to deliver they can be recalled we put in someone else. MMD...i feel there developmental projects are cosmetic..last minute projects we have seen projects been abardoned after elections so am very septical on this one. UPND OK HH alone is not a problem only if he just try to adjust abit on arrogance HIS POLICIES ARE EXCELLENT SO TO SAY THE LEAST. The only problem with them are "the job seekers" not comfortable want to serve their pockets.

It reallie hurts when you cast your vote and the person you voted for loses. Yes Narep is just paving the way but i will vote like i have tabulated above i suppose. I hope you will do the same. From each party spread your votes...that way may be the economy can favour us.[God willing]
April

Return to Miscellaneous (Anything not covered in the other categories)