Frederick Chiluba Condolences Book

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

Frederick Chiluba Condolences Book

Postby admin » 18th June 2011, 09:09

Dear Zambia,

We have opened an online condolences book after the death of former Zambian President Frederick Jacob Titus Chiluba.

http://www.zambia.co.zm/chiluba/
admin
Site Admin

Re: Frederick Chiluba Condolences Book

Postby Don Eddy » 18th June 2011, 10:33

Too sad that we have lost a father, brother and son. We will forever cherish your efforts in liberalizing Zambia. They may have been some shortfalls but that's for the Almighty God to judge. RIP
Don Eddy

Postby Patriotic Zambian » 18th June 2011, 22:17

Condolorences we ve lost a father,husband,brother and grand father will miss him for hand working hard and stealling our Resources. MHSRIP.
Patriotic Zambian

Postby mwelwa » 19th June 2011, 12:57

Long before many Presidents on the continent realised that prosperity cannot come to their peoples until democracy was bestowed on them, President Chiluba had the vision and courage to fight the establishment and bring democracy to our country. He was later to lay a solid foundation for the many Zambians to own real estate through his housing policy, yet to be matched on the African continent. Now Zambia is on the road to prosperity thanks to the economic policies of liberalisation.
Although the presidency encountered many challenges, the benefits to the country far outweigh the pitfalls. Zambia will miss President Chiluba's courageous and visionary leadership. MHSRP.
mwelwa

Postby Mwinemushi » 19th June 2011, 22:19

I celebrate the the small mans life and not his passing,President Chiluba helped usher in a new breed of Zambians.To a generation of Zambians, Chiluba broke the chains of social freedoms . MHSRIP.
Mwinemushi

Postby Suffix » 20th June 2011, 08:55

Don Eddy wrote :
> Too sad that we have lost a father, brother and son. We will forever
> cherish your efforts in liberalizing Zambia. They may have been some
> shortfalls but that's for the Almighty God to judge. RIP

I see peoples side-stepping the truth like it's a pile of fresh cow manure in which no one wants to step and soil their shoes. I will not be the first one to break this trend.
Suffix

Postby Headman » 20th June 2011, 11:00

The good Book has already said "there is time for everything".

so wat will happen to all those countless pairs of dwarf shoes?????
Headman

Postby Sweet as Sugar » 20th June 2011, 12:19

Good point Headman, i am sure Lusaka Playhouse will have alot of use for them in their various plays, or comedy acts....or the dwarf dance troupe could put them to good use! Some of the girls that work for me also have rather small feet so if an add is placed in DZ classified i will be more than happy to get them
Sweet as Sugar

my condolences

Postby jojo » 20th June 2011, 15:38

Dear Zambia,

May the late FTJ RIP,at least being a rural dweler I remeber him promising that we shall all own assests from farming today, this is true we have canters and many more farm implements.All this is because of the policies he stood for liberlisation of the economy. Your were a great man in some us FTJ.
jojo

Postby Jafeti » 20th June 2011, 15:55

Does anyone know if in a last minute attempt to gate crush through heaven's gates, the short man made a death bed confession and left a will bequeathing all those millions of dollars to the Zambian tax payers?
Jafeti

Postby Thirty » 20th June 2011, 16:36

The man's name is Frederick Jacob Titus Chiluba. Why do we always call him FTJ instead of FJT? I guess it makes no difference now.

It's like calling Rupiah Bwezani BR. His name should have been Bwezani Rupiah Odinga. That way we could just say BRO.
Thirty

Postby Abelo » 20th June 2011, 18:40

Save for the grand theft, this man could have gone down well in history.

reminds me of another iconic figure in US history. He died having worked tirelessly for many years doing good deeds, helping the poor and championing causes of minority groups. But his legacy was tarnished because in 1964 when the nation finally voted to give Blacks equal rights, this man have voted on the wrong side of history. He had opposed equal rights at that critical moment when it mattered most.

Sometimes legacies can be tarnished in one moment of history.
Abelo

Postby Tom » 20th June 2011, 19:35

U a real Headman in a village and I guess u such poor and drained in ur entire brain.So wht what do u what happens with Our Former President's Shoes. U such a backward fellow and I would want to meet u to see sorts of dirty pants u put on. King Fred knew how to dress and knew lebel. Even in his grave.Wil ensure his tit in Lebel.All Gucci from Italy.Grow up pls. If u want to know wht wil happen to his shoes.Ask for my direct line and I wil pass it to u.

You wil never achieve and I mean never achieve wht this man scored. FTJ love u always and rest in peace. Pls know tht we shall speak on urhalf to chaps like village Headman who want to take u state of motionless for granted
Tom

Postby Koma » 20th June 2011, 21:01

Tom you sound suspiciously like a big beneficiary of the plunder spawned by FTJ.

It's true many of us will never score million of dollars in the bank. Either we will never have the opportunity to steal that kind of cash or our conscience will never allow it. Either way, you are right on that point.

There are many of us who don't care about the Gucci, Giorgio Armani, Versace, Cristoforo Cardi, Gianni Manzoni blah blah blah. Because it's not what makes a man. The clothes you wrap around your back and the shoe you don on your foot. But man's integrity, even in the most adverse of circumstances.
But whatever makes you happy. So you want to be buried in suits with Gucci labels. That's your grand finale. cool, it's your coffin. do whatever.
Koma

Postby What » 20th June 2011, 21:14

In most of the Western media, when someone dies, one of the first issues to be addressed is what was the cause of death. If unknown there is always something to the effect that an autopsy is pending. This is usually true even in cases of a 90some years old men who it can be expected died of natural causes. But a specific determination has to be made if indeed it was natural causes.

Which makes the passing of FTJ peculiar from a Western perspective. No mention of the cause of death.
What

Postby Tom » 20th June 2011, 22:07

I LIKE UR OVER VIEW PROJECTION THOUGHT OF AFRICA'S GAPS AND THIS IS PAINFUL IF WHERE TO THINK OF IT.FTJ'S DAY WAS AS BRIGHT LIKE ANY NORMAL AND SUDDENLY TO COMPLAIN IN NYT.SUCH RAISES DUST IN WESTERN WORLD
Tom

Postby Sly » 21st June 2011, 10:57

Indeed, Zambian citizens were liberated with the coming of FTJ Chiluba' as president of the republic and his policies. I thank him for that even in his death. Well, the wise book says, "a good name is better than riches". The accusations of corruption charges and the like, is what changed the perspective mind of most Zambians including me about this great man, our hero. This is why today as we mourn him, we have mixed feelings, but I believe there is no enemy in death. The truth is that he changed the face of Zambia and most of our problems such as transport (especially) among others were solved. This will always stand despite ..... My condolonces.
Sly

Postby Jamba » 22nd June 2011, 01:06

It's a circus out there.

snippet from The Post:
By Chibaula Silwamba and Edwin Mbulo
Tue 21 June 2011, 04:02 CAT
VIOLENCE has characterised the funeral of former president Frederick Chiluba where MMD Lusaka Province chairperson William Banda-led cadres harassed and insulted the late head of state’s preacher Rev Edith Mutale and chased some journalists.
Jamba

Postby Bupsiny » 23rd June 2011, 15:10

Condolences FTJ Chiluba.
You were a brave man, we have lost a hero. may your soul rest in eternal peace
Bupsiny

Postby Ballsy » 23rd June 2011, 16:42

For those of you who may still not know this, It's OK to express your honest opinion about a man even after he is dead. OK?

It's not like a bolt of lightening will strike you just because you spoke the truth about a dead man. Drop the superstition guys.
Ballsy

Next Page

Return to Miscellaneous (Anything not covered in the other categories)