IN ONE WORD...What did FTJ mean to you?

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

IN ONE WORD...What did FTJ mean to you?

Postby Briefcase Analyst » 20th June 2011, 17:39

He was many things good and bad, but which one of his traits or habits or behaviours do you think had the most impact on YOU and the country. Only one word, so think hard!

Liberator.
Briefcase Analyst

Re: IN ONE WORD...What did FTJ mean to you?

Postby KK » 20th June 2011, 18:06

Liberator from what?

of course I'm not really KK, but can imagine that old goat gnashing his teeth when Briefcase suggested he was the big captor who held Zambia captive for those 27 years. I can imagine him pounding his fat hand on a table and even maybe banging his bald head against a wall.
KK

Postby Naine » 20th June 2011, 18:51

so guys, since it's customary to say nice things about a dead stiff, and as we know KK's time is not very far in the future. What do you reckon KK's obituaries will say? Here we are lavishing FTJ with praises at the expense of KK. I wonder if we will say things like, KK, you held us in the dark for almost three decades, but it felt like a father protecting his children. So thanks. Without your iron fisted protection that no good Ian Smith would have stolen us. So thank you for the nearly thirty years of wallowing in those silly unip songs and the dancing women to match. Your years in power gave us a homey feeling.

Do you think as KK lays dead, we will be searching for such words that can make a healthy brain freeze?
Naine

Postby Tom » 20th June 2011, 19:49

Its hard and very hard to discribe Dr. FTJ in one word.His discription word fill ten million books. Let me attempt one one condition. He was a DEMOCRAT!!!!
Tom

Postby Brief Catalyst » 20th June 2011, 22:18

KK and Naine,

Your points are noted, but am interested in that one word! There must be one dying to roll off your tongues. Say it! What was his defining characteristic as the president?

With the exception of Mukwa & Tom (from whom I sense some sarcasm), I so far agree with the others.
Brief Catalyst

Postby Naine » 20th June 2011, 23:38

Brief Catalyst

The best analogy I can think of to describe FTJ is a parent who abuses his own child. Nobody can take away the significance of a parent giving life to a child. But it does not end there. That parent has duties and obligations as the child grows. If he fails in those duties and obligations and if he abuses the child on top of it, the significant of life giving is rendered meaningless.

FTJ's disposing of KK was a monumental achievement as far as the history of this republic goes. No one can change that. But then FTJ failed us by abusing his power. He forgot or neglected his duty to the country and focused on enhancing his own persona and his own desires.

The one word that itches to roll off my tongue is describing FTJ is CROOK.
Naine

Postby student » 21st June 2011, 16:33

delusional. (but then arent most if not all african presidents?)
student

Postby Briefcase Analyst » 21st June 2011, 16:46

Interesting, but Doh, Chimbwi-like is 2 words! The dash does not make it one,lol. Ok, why didn't you just use one word Chimbwi? Because would that be more of an insult than Chimbwi-like? And girl, you posted twice! It's ok, there's no hard and fast rule, but we have to think to come up with THE one that best describes him. From your two, I'd go with tenacious.
Briefcase Analyst

Next Page

Return to Miscellaneous (Anything not covered in the other categories)