Is it true? (about FTJ)

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

Is it true? (about FTJ)

Postby Queasy » 24th June 2011, 20:14

Dear Zambia,

I just heard some whispering that FTJ would be alive and well with us here today had he not been a Christian man. According to these whispers I have heard, FTJ had a heart condition for which he refused to get medical treatment due to his own version of the Christian belief. He refused to have a pacemaker put in his chest and instead relied upon prayers and other juju like pronouncements from those crooked Nigerian preacher men. Is this true.

Some of you guys probably remember that really wicked man named Dick Cheney. He was George W. Bush's vice president. That Dick guy has had five heart attacks to date. His first one was in 1978 when he was 37 years old. Since then he has had one heart attack in each of the years; 1984, 1988, 2000, and 2010. Dick has had all kinds of heart treatment and of course he carries a pacemaker. He is 70 years old now.

I'm just saying that if these whispers about FTJ are true, it's quite possible that the man would have seen his 70th birthday had he not been a Christian. Who knows.
» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)
Queasy
 

Re: Is it true? (about FTJ)

Postby Timmy » 24th June 2011, 22:32

Well, Q or whatever u call yourself I would advise u to keep quiet on matters that u have no idea about. I ve been a Christian 4 over 10 years now with absolutely no regrets. Be careful who you call names. Don't pass judgements on things u do not understand. By the way am 100% Zambian with no Nigerian connections whatever and my pastors are Zambians also but I ve great respect for pastors
» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)
Timmy
 

Re: Is it true? (about FTJ)

Postby Queasy » 24th June 2011, 23:09

Dear Timmy,

Thank you for your response. Much appreciated. Although the answer to my question is suspiciously absent from your response. I thank you, nonetheless.

Usually when someone asks a question, it's because they would like for someone else to shed more light on the subject they are asking about. Same here.

Please someone, anyone, if you know more about this subject, I will appreciate very much if you can share your knowledge. I'm really not interested in testimonies of your Christian club membership.

Thank you in advance.
» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)
Queasy
 

Re: Is it true? (about FTJ)

Postby Airborne » 25th June 2011, 11:36

Timmy,

Give us your testimony after 20 years.

Should we not criticise what we know about our pious men ?
Na. Let's not live in boxes. The curious mind learns better.

Timmy,
I would wish i took you on, but looking at your response, i may just make you sin and in doing so, sin myself.
» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)
Airborne
 

Re: Is it true? (about FTJ)

Postby Timmy » 27th June 2011, 11:00

@Queasy u are right I did not answer your. My concern was on your use of the word "crook" and not answering your question coz I honestly dont know.
@Adorable thanks man 4 not making me sin am greatful 4 yo concern. I hope that in 10years time you will not have kicked the bucket so that I can testisfy 2 u again but this time atleast It would ve been 20years. Thanks once again
» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)
Timmy
 

Re: Is it true? (about FTJ)

Postby Queasy » 27th June 2011, 20:33

Dear Timmy,

I hear you. I meant no offense. That word was based on numbers like I have posted below. The way I understand the business of spreading the gospel of Jesus, it should not come with such a lifestyle. Unless of course, the gospel is not the real business of these men but simply a front. Or what I like to call crooks.

These men are flamboyant, snappy dressers, fancy cars, private jets and the whole shebang. And one major common denominator among these men is that the vast majority of their congregation are dirt poor.

1. Bishop David Oyedepo of the Living Faith World Outreach Ministry, is worth about $150m.

2. Pastor Chris Oyakhilome of the Believers' Loveworld Ministries. He is worth between $30 and $50m.

3. Temitope Joshua Matthew of the Synagogue Church Of All Nations worth between $10m and $15m.

4. Matthew Ashimolowo of Kingsway International Christian Centre, worth between $6 million and $10 million.

5. Chris Okotie of the Household of God Church, worth between $3 million and $10 million.
» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)
Queasy
 

Re: Is it true? (about FTJ)

Postby Guest » 2nd July 2011, 15:36

Timmy wrote :
> Well, Q or whatever u call yourself I would advise u to keep quiet on
> matters that u have no idea about. I ve been a Christian 4 over 10 years
> now with absolutely no regrets. Be careful who you call names. Don't pass
> judgements on things u do not understand. By the way am 100% Zambian with
> no Nigerian connections whatever and my pastors are Zambians also but I ve
> great respect for pastors

Timmy, dude,

I hear you, mate. I agree with Queasy, to some extent. You say you are a christian and have been for some time. You must have then come across a scripture that talks about false prophets. As in all aspects of life, people are not always what or whom they say they are. Take politicians, do you honestly believe that they want the best for you? An aota of them might do, the rest are egoistical, narcissistic kleptomaniacs. Nuff said.

One way of learning and maybe accepting others' view points is to open one's self up to differing opinions on various topic, and to not take these opinions as personal attacks. E.g., I love my mum dearly but we have very different opinions on, say, marriage or relationships. Even religion. That's life.
» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)
Guest
 

Re: Is it true? (about FTJ)

Postby Timmy » 6th July 2011, 08:11

@Guest, Quaesy and Airbone,
My men thanks lots I get yo view points I thot it was just meant to be an attack. I think its an issue of any person does not want their parents insulted even if the said parents are fools. We all want them to be respected. In ths case what am sayg is that my view of the said pastors is different from yours mayb bcoz I don't concetrate so much on the other side of them such as their wealth etc but from yo explanation I get yo concerns thanks lots
» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)
Timmy
 

Re: Is it true? (about FTJ)

Postby Muzabwela » 6th July 2011, 12:45

Back to the original issue...
I believe that each one of us will die one day. Some people's times come earlier, while other people live longer

My firm belief, pacemaker or not, is that FTJ was going to die anyway. If 18 June is the day that God decided he would die, he was going to die even with the pacemaker working perfectly well in his body, he was going to die even as medics airlifted him to SA for specialist treatment; he was going to die even if the most powerful doctor was there with all equipment at hand if that is the day he was supposed to die.

The only problem I see here is that death is always difficult to accept and so we always want to find people to blame or find reasons why it had to be this one and not that one who died.

Yes, I heard FTJ testify that he did not want to be operated on and depended on prayer and whatever else he was depending on but eventually, he died. End of story
» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)
Muzabwela
 

Re: Is it true? (about FTJ)

Postby Muzangena » 6th July 2011, 13:05

Muzabwela,

End of story? I hardly think so. Where he went, it's just the beginning...
» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)
Muzangena
 


Re: Is it true? (about FTJ)

Postby Tom » 6th July 2011, 15:43

Dear FTJ,

I like ur say. Thanks. Will let u rest in Peace Dear FTJ and every 27th June I will make it a must to visit ur grave site
» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)
Tom
 

Re: Is it true? (about FTJ)

Postby Queasy » 13th July 2011, 00:36

Okay guys, jokes aside. Do you reckon by now FTj has made it to his destination? I have heard both sides of this case. Destination heaven and hell. I'm not familiar with distances to either. Is it in nautical miles? Light years perhaps?

I bet there is a lot of bumping into old pals and foes. Hey Hitler, you are here too? What a surprise! There he is, my man Idi Amin. What up, big daddy? How has Lucifer been treating you? Say Idi, you look like you lost some weight. Is it the heat?
» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)
Queasy
 

Re: Is it true? (about FTJ)

Postby Timw Worthington, Lusaka » 13th July 2011, 09:01

Christians, Christians, Christians!
Are you allowed to covert your neighbour's wife, as it were?
This chap, wherever he may be, enjoyed his hobby ofhaving sex with other people's wives. If you never knew, Regina was not his first, nor last.
Check his trails in Chalala and Woodlands and Kabwata.
» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)
Timw Worthington, Lusaka
 

Re: Is it true? (about FTJ)

Postby Zambian » 13th July 2011, 10:20

Timw Worthington, Lusaka wrote :
> Christians, Christians, Christians!
> Are you allowed to covert your neighbour's wife, as it were?
> This chap, wherever he may be, enjoyed his hobby ofhaving sex with other
> people's wives. If you never knew, Regina was not his first, nor last.
> Check his trails in Chalala and Woodlands and Kabwata.

Timw Worthington,
Ammo go right ahead and assume you were possibly joking when you asked about coveting one's neighbour's fine; then I'm gonna try and answer you just in case I'm wrong in my assumption (mind, the key word here is 'try').

#1- The answer is a big, fat NO. The bible clearly says , 'Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife'.
#2- Coveting in itself, regardless of what it is you're coveting, is generally frowned upon.
#3- Oh dear. Where do I start? Anyhow, adultery has almost been 'normalised'. Not just in Zambian society, mind.
#4- I guess one way to go would be joining some seedy swingers club as everyone there is a consenting adult and they all know the score - Wham, bam! Thank you, ma'am (sir). No strings attached, tho sometimes strings are formed. Human nature.
» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)
Zambian
 

Re: Is it true? (about FTJ)

Postby Zambian » 13th July 2011, 10:23

neighbour's wife, not neighbour's fine. My fingers were quicker than my brain.
» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)
Zambian
 

Re: Is it true? (about FTJ)

Postby Queasy » 13th July 2011, 17:31

Zambian,

I have no reason to doubt what you say. So the bible says no to buggery, infidelity, promiscuity, fornication, adultery and whatnot. So I guess this begs the question, why are these perversions so prevalent among Christians?

If I were to take a guess I'd say, most of those who call themselves Christians are in fact, not Christians at all. Which of course leads to the next obvious question. Why do people even bother to subscribe to the Christian name when they cannot abide by Christianity's basic rules? I don't know the answer to that last question.
» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)
Queasy
 

Re: Is it true? (about FTJ)

Postby Zambian » 14th July 2011, 04:16

Queasy,
My opinion is open to scrutiny and/or criticism, because it is just that - an opinion.

Now, let me try to answer your query. Okay, yes, religion, or christianity to be specific, as you pointed out, has do's and don'ts. But we are humans that have free will to differentiate between right and wrong choices. No-one needs a bible to tell them that. We have the power to make choices, be they right or wrong. Nothing to do with religion whatsoever. I can only assume that the reason a 'bad' choice kinda sticks out more when someone proclaims to be, or maybe even is, a christian, is because we tend to assume that if one is a'christian' then they are infallible. We would be wise to remember that before people are anything (christain, muslim, bhuddist, etc) they are human beings that CAN make 'bad' choices. No-one is perfect. Just because someone believes in a certain religion does not mean that their whole mental and physical make-up changes. Their spiritual make-up might do, but they still remain infallible humans who go through the same things that everyone else goes through. It would be easier for them if they lived in a bubble utopia where all 'bad' choices were non-existent.

To try and answer your second question; why do people subscribe to christianity? I can only answer for myself, tho I would like to believe or hope, that it applies to others, too. I find comfort in reading the bible; in times of sorrow, hardship, daily guidance, etc. I also try to use the bible as 'life's manual' to help me deal with the craziness of our world. In a nutshell, christianity anchors me. For me, it's like having an ever present loyal friend. I am in no way saying my life is perfect. I just try to live the best life I can, help the less fortunate, learn to forgive, love others, obey my mother and my father. More often than not, I fall off the band wagon. Why? Because I am human. And to be honest, the past few weeks I have been swearing like a trooper because I miss home and I won't be seeing my family till christmas time. I am not a happy bunny at the moment.

I hope I have somehow answered your questions. If not, please feel free to get back to me. I shall now take my leave and see what the bible says on swearing...:)
» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)
Zambian
 

Re: Is it true? (about FTJ)

Postby Dissapointed » 14th July 2011, 16:32

Muzabwela please give us a break.Or do you mean to tell me that God has annointed all those starving kids in Ethiopia to die before they are 5 whilst their counterparts in the west will die after 80?We Zambianns are very naive if FTJ refused medication then apart from being a thief he was also very foolish.What i really enjoyed about his funeral was seeing his stolen wife act before the cameras preying and all the same hysteria he [ftj] subected us to while he looted our coffers
» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)
Dissapointed
 

Re: Is it true? (about FTJ)

Postby zacks » 14th July 2011, 18:21

your question is okey but it appears you have no respect on other peoples opinions.

any way i would like to explain some few things. the difference btw you and the other guy is that you are an atheist and the other one is regious and the two are not compatible.

Meawhile coming to the subject matter, if what is said about ftj of refusing some medication is true; it is a very unfortunate thing just like our brother the Jehovas witnesses who refuse any form of blood transfusion. It has always been my belief that the Catholic Church is the only Church who could rightly interprete the teachings of jesus christ otherwise we will continue losing lives. i wont be suprised if in the new future we will not have suicide christians in zambia because of misinterpreting religious facts
» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)
zacks
 

Next Page

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

Return to Miscellaneous (Anything not covered in the other categories)