Political Prostitutes in Zambia

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

Political Prostitutes in Zambia

Postby Curb Crawler » 2nd July 2011, 11:08

Are we Zambians that blind that we can't identify these political b*****s when we see one? Ever since I was much younger, I remember reading about so and so defecting to this political party. The press would be invited, the defector would then speak rubbish about the party they are defecting from and speak good of the party they are defecting to, after which they'd throw a small bash and life moved on as if nothing happened. Forward to the 2nd decade of the 21st century, and the scenario is still the same. It's sickening. Do these fools have any shame? Do they think we are that stupid? Maybe we are, judging from the excitement shown in newspapers and political websites.

Just yesterday we had Mike Mulongoti raising his fist when all these years he was waving his thumb & index finger. And now Masebo will likely follow suit. Earlier, we had George Mpombo and another whose name I can't remember (he died). These are only the high profile individuals. Then there are the hundreds of ordinary members across the country doing the same just because they have felt the winds of change and want to hold on to their jobs. Do they not have any principles? When do you ever see a republican becoming a democrat, a Tory becoming a Labour member?

Why do the other parties even accept them? Why do we even vote for them? Because when we do, we'll end up with the same old prostitutes, then we'll complain about our leaders that they are not doing anything. These guys should take the high road and retire. We will respect them much more like that.Dear Zambia,
Curb Crawler

Re: Political Prostitutes in Zambia

Postby JJJJ Banda » 2nd July 2011, 16:21

This is becoming a very big problem as most of our citizens don't see anything wrong with someone like Mulongoti, Masebo, Chitala etc saying unprintable things about MMD. In any case, the parties are associations with their beliefs that make them different from other parties, hence we don't expect these leaders to change like chameleons and fit in the new party.
JJJJ Banda

Postby JCK » 3rd July 2011, 15:26

I also don't understand this trend.

I also need to understand why they say so and so has resigned from a party, firstly do you apply in writing to join the party? are there interviews? if you joined quietly why not just leave quietly really! And it is true that in the west you never hear of people just crossing over to other parties. I guess we are setting a new trend in the world.
JCK

Postby Guest » 4th July 2011, 13:07

New trend indeed. I just noticed that all MMD rejects are now in PF. J Kapijimpanga, Mbita Chitala, George Mpombo, Sylvia Masebo and even Mike Mulongoti. So its like PF is now MMD under a different name. If things will always go this way, it may make voting meaningless. PF has something to offer but only if they handle their affairs in a reasonable manner. The people currently defending poor policies in government cannot today come and condemn the same policies they themselves made. We should not fall for that. Those that have expelled from their parties should now retire because they can't agree and disagree to something at the same time.

And journalists also are another worry. Is journalism all about reporting what someone said? If that was the case there would be no need to have journalism schools. Infact going by the happenings I dont think we heading in the right direction even with a PF victory. I can go on and on but hey others have opinions too....

Postby Zambian » 4th July 2011, 15:06

Amen to all the sentiments expressed above. But that is why, (a) Politics is called a dirty game, and (b) You have to be a human being of a certain personality, temperament and have certain qualities to be politician, anywhere you go. All politician are self-centered/power hungry/attention-seeking/money grabbing individuals. (P/S: How long has Sata been in politics again?) The earliest opportunity they see of fulfilling all the above traits, they are gone. If they are so unhappy with their current political parties, why not just leave and go get a 'normal' job like us normal people?

POLITICAL PROSTITUTES is so the right heading for this topic.
Zambian

Postby Lazy bones » 6th July 2011, 00:50

I'm too lazy to read all the posts before mine, just so I can pinpoint who this political prostitute is. Can some kind blogger just give me the name please? Who is the prostitute? First and last name please. I don't want to go to Mr. George Mwanamuchende and call him a prostitute only to be told that the prostitute is in fact Mr. George Kalyokolyoko, not Mr. George Mwanamuchende. Thanks.
Lazy bones

Postby Curb Crawler » 10th July 2011, 09:07

See? Now it's certain Lameck from MMD to most probably PF. And yet another w****re from UPND to MMD. Rubbish. These guys need to be questioned about their political principles. Yes, I know that sounds like a paradox but they need to be put under the spotlight. Zambians are being fooled right under their noses. Just take a look at the comments at ZWD. Most people there seem to like these b****es. Tell me they are not representative of the voting population.
Curb Crawler

Postby Rogue Trader » 10th July 2011, 09:53

The problem with Zambian political parties is that they lack any form of ideology. If one were to borrow the British and American examples, they would note that each party proposes a certain set of solutions to their countries' challenges. In loose terms, Conservatives are like Republicans and Labour are like Democrats.

There are left wing and right wing ideologies with a good number of politicians also being centrist, left of centre or right of centre. From an intellectual point of view, every political organisation will genetally subscribe to a certain school of thought. Let's, for only a minute, think of politics as if it were economics. Would Marx abondon his ideas and hope into bed with Adam Smith? Even scientists have certain values and, for any grey area, there are more than two schools of thought. That's what is lacking in Zambian politics, which is all about personalities. People can change their minds but ideas remain the same. In Zambian politics, we have no ideas. Just people.
Rogue Trader

Postby viva » 11th July 2011, 08:50

viva NAREP. firstly i dont even like the idea of recycling old and tired leaders. change from MMD to PF is like shifting from misisi to that old kanyama. more money in the pockets!! what the hell is that. the first thing we as Zambians should do is change our mindsets and attitudes to know that there was only one saviour and that Jesus Christ. we almost 15 million people, abundant of water and land and we are still poor. we talk too much and dont act. its us to make the change and dont allow these selfish people to take advantage of us. God bless Zambia and its sweet loving people. I love my country...
viva

Postby Guest » 11th July 2011, 11:12

Viva,
I agree with you to certain extent. I agree with you on not wanting recycled old politicians. Them jumping ship says a lot about their characters and morals (or lack of). Whatever happened to seeing a job right through to the bitter end? I would have more respect for the party-hoppers if they just resigned and stayed resigned.

Without wanting to offend anyone, I would like to say that not everyone is a Christian, ergo, they may not consider Him as their saviour, the same way you, or others, may not consider, for example, the prophet Mohammed your saviour. In these days of political correctness one needs to careful. Yes, I agree that we need help from powers higher than ourselves as we seem to have failed. But, if one believes in a higher power doesn't it go without saying that the said higher powers bestowed free will and intelligence upon us to make decisions? The power to at least try and reverse any damage that has been so far caused is within us. AS HUMANS WE HAVE MORE POWER THAN WE GIVE OURSELVES CREDIT FOR. We have the power to build and destroy, elect and throw out, etc. The one ingredient missing is working collaboratively to achieve a common goal. YES WE CAN.

Postby Guest » 11th July 2011, 11:21

Rogue Trader,
We meet again, my good friend.

I agree with you 100%. Just because one changes parties does not mean their ideologies change too. Same person, just different party. Is there no shame in blatantly party-hopping when we all know the only reason they do it is to 'secure' a future in politics? Ati ba muselela kwakaba. That is such a shameful title.

Postby RC » 19th July 2011, 11:06

Guest...RT...

Viva is very correct,..we need higher powers in Jesus to help us,no need to be apologetics as to depend on God,because we are enjoying the christian nation ideal....you may not like it but that's reality,thank God you will not be president to change it....Look here if you stayed in Iran or Libya or Qatar or any Muslim nation,everything revolve around Islam and Allah,they are Islamic nations and are not ashamed of it....even here in Zambia go to their shops you will see....some of their morals are helping to control AIDS,like Iran,statistically its the least HIV/AIDS infested nation.
Maybe to refresh you, all great scholars and revolutionist where men of faith,belief in God.Adam Smith was a christian,father of classical economists,John Stuart Mill,Max Weber ,David Ricardo,George Washington,King James-UK,Alexander the Great,Gandhi,only Karl Marx and Keynes -very confused fellows did not espouse these beliefs,but you know that Hegel is the father of communism, Mark Just amplified it...... So faith and ideologies go hand in hand these Political prostitution will penetrate marriages,public finance,politics etc...leading to under development in Zambia,so its an imperative to have principles and ideologies in politics...am glad am a registered voter..
RC

Postby Positive Millie » 21st July 2011, 11:04

The title of the letter sums up the context...political prostitution in deed!! In relation to Islam and without dissing the faith (I have Moslem friends whom are very special to me) it would really do you good to speak to moslem women who are Zambians and they would help to put Islam into perspective for you..in relation to HIV and AIDS, most of the horrendous cases of stigma and discrimnation still happen in Islamic countries and so even the figures that we are given are not the reality because of the same mindset of looking upon others as infidels and therefore, doctoring of numbers continue to happen as well as the worst cases of isolation as a result of one's positive serostatus..oh by the way its HIV infected and not infested....infested has big overtures of STIGMA....please go to the latest UNAIDS recommended terms and words to use...
Positive Millie

Postby Reason » 21st July 2011, 12:19

+Millie,

You are absolutely right there.

RC, have some sensitivity, "AIDS-infested"?
Reason

Return to Miscellaneous (Anything not covered in the other categories)