WHY PEOPLE CHANGE

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

WHY PEOPLE CHANGE

Postby EDWARD » 11th July 2011, 13:37

Dear Zambia,

My beautiful country. Precious people. People who have never known true peace yet we radiate the very nature of true peace to all that look to us. The question is.. are we truly peaceful? Either we are just docile or we have become monkeys relatives.

Should we blame Bwezani for failing us or ourselves? Everyday we support the wrong and call ourselves chiefs, Parliamentarians, Board of Directors, house wives, business partners when we can even afford to have breakfast on the same table WHEN in mind we are 5 km apart!

I have met Zimbabweans, Tanzanians, south Africans, a bit of Malawians and I can assure you that they are more friendly than we are as Zambians. My own opinion.... A Zambia street vendor may charge you for directions which is unlikely behaviour coming from these other parts. A Zambian may tell lies while you watch.

Now, we are trying to capitalize on the error of Sata' assertion on gay marriages forgetting that we are the ones that should hold that power to decide. The constitution was abated recently due to the influence of well meaning Zambias. How can we today put such a blame on one individual. Zambia needs a true rebirth.

The problem is that Bwezani has surrounded himself with job seekers who are ever shadowing him and antagonizing others. This is the true nature of Zambian culture. Too many boot lickers! The man now has failed. Sata also can fail. It is just that simple! He also will soon surround himself with such cocoons who are nothing but sounding gongs!. I have heard some of their debates in parliaments. Its a circus!

And as a leader, if each time the advice given to you is ever wrong, what do you do? Stop seeking it, else you are in the wrong boat. A true leader needs to be challenged. If nobody does that, then you are sinking.
EDWARD

Re: WHY PEOPLE CHANGE

Postby DK » 11th July 2011, 15:05

What do you mean when you say bwezani has failed?
DK

Postby Mami » 11th July 2011, 18:39

DK wrote :
> What do you mean when you say bwezani has failed?

Oh, SNAP!!!!
Mami

Postby Ndine » 11th July 2011, 18:54

Mr. Edward,

Yours is a very insightful piece and I hope that many readers will understand the value of the many good points you have made. However, just allow me to please disagree with you on a couple of generalities you made.

What you referred to as "the true nature of Zambian culture". I don't think we should attribute what a handful of Bwezani's bootlickers are doing to "Zambian culture".

And the friendliness of Zambians vs those other nationalities I also disagree with your analysis. I have met some rotten people from each and every one of those countries you listed. I think there's good and bad everywhere. And it's not easy to scale entire countries on this friendliness thing and other traits.

In fact, an American friend of mine who traveled to the region would disagree with you on that very point. According to her, Zambians were the friendliest people in all the countries she visited. If I remember correctly, she did not hit Zimbabwe but most of the other countries in the region. Understandably, she was reporting her tour of the region to a Zambian so perhaps she put some sugar and butter on top of her story about Zambia.
Ndine

Return to Miscellaneous (Anything not covered in the other categories)