The Urban Roads Rehab Program

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

The Urban Roads Rehab Program

Postby The Beginning » 11th July 2011, 18:36

Dear Zambia,

First of all, big up to the president for coming up with this programme. Whether or not it is a campaign strategy, I don't give a hoot because hopefully, the structures that are being put up will be there long enough for people to at least benefit from them.
However, somebody please tell me what crit is being used to select which roads will be worked on. I say so, coz there are roads such as the Linda Road which have NEVER been worked on despite certain individuals that use the same road sitting in parliament. Is it that the MPs in these areas are so docile they can't even fight for something that would benefit them also? If so, please tell me who the MP for Kanyama constituency is so that i know who not to waste my vote on this coming election.
i have to start off one hour early to get to my workplace just so i have enough time to maneuver around the pot holes! They might as well remove the pieces of tar so we just accept that it is a gravel road. This day and age and with our seemingly growing economy, seriously, we cannot and shall not accept such neglect from our so called representatives to Govt. What does whoever the MP is o with his/her CDF? There isn't a single Govt structure in the area coz people have to go to Chilanga and Chawama for even the nearest Govt clinic.
Pathetic to say the least.Dear Zambia,
The Beginning

Re: The Urban Roads Rehab Program

Postby Zambian » 11th July 2011, 18:46

The Beginning,

You hit the spot. As my friend put it, let's have presidential elections every year because that's about the only time we get (mostly unfulfilled) promises of this, that, and the other.
Zambian

Re: The Urban Roads Rehab Program

Postby JCK » 11th July 2011, 19:34

I totally agree we must have elections every year to make sure these politicians sit up and perform.
JCK

Return to Miscellaneous (Anything not covered in the other categories)