Presidential Portrait - My Vote Depends On It

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

Presidential Portrait - My Vote Depends On It

Postby Painting » 14th July 2011, 07:06

Can someone please tell me, is it a legal requirement to hang up our president's portrait at our businesses premises?

No matter how miserable they look (like the one just after RB won, after which they issued a new one) or how ugly they'll look (take a guess!), is it a punishable offence if I refuse to hang these demotivating pictures? I thought we were in a democracy. Only dictators use such tactics to brainwash the masses, which is what these portraits are capable of achieving given the number of times we come into contact with them on a daily basis. Even though I'll want to vote for someone other than RB, I'll subconsciously end up ticking RB!

So, if HH or Sata can make it their election promise that no more portraits, I will vote for them.
Painting

Re: Presidential Portrait - My Vote Depends On It

Postby Web Sta » 14th July 2011, 08:06

Does Rupiah do botox? I see those fluffy cheeks of his and I wonder if mere fat can cause those ballooning cheeks. Even his tongue is fat. His tongue! For crying out loud.
Web Sta

Postby Nefertiti » 14th July 2011, 09:49

Web Sta wrote :
> Does Rupiah do botox? I see those fluffy cheeks of his and I wonder if mere
> fat can cause those ballooning cheeks. Even his tongue is fat. His tongue!
> For crying out loud.

OMG!!! It is bliss to wake up to such e-mails. Always a joy. But to be honest, the man does look like a chitumbuwa cha yeast. Na-nha. I get startled every time I see a picture of him. He sure hit the ugly tree real bad when he fell onto it. Having said that, ugly people will not be best pleased to know that they are categorized in the same batch as you-know-who. I wouldn't be happy to be told I'm ugly, then have you-know-who as the poster child for ugliness. NO. There's ugly, then there's U-G-L-Y. (Oh, no! I just blinked for a nano-second and I swear I had a day-mare of you-kmow-who's face! Thank God I'm typing this in my waking hours. I cannot do with nightmares).
Nefertiti

Postby Guest » 14th July 2011, 09:56

Web Sta wrote :
> Does Rupiah do botox? I see those fluffy cheeks of his and I wonder if mere
> fat can cause those ballooning cheeks. Even his tongue is fat. His tongue!
> For crying out loud.

Web Sta,

Botox would have smoothed out those folds, or wrinkled or whatever those things are. We are talking about some out of this world ugly there. Incurable. I reckon scientists are still working on a cure. And I tell you what, they will soooner find a cure for other incurables of this world than that. I just quietly translated what you said into Tonga and now I'm kakking myself with laughter.

Postby Donchikubeba » 14th July 2011, 10:38

Lolest ! clearly Dr90210 surgeons are likely to have good business this year . Yalakosa.
Donchikubeba

Postby Painting » 14th July 2011, 12:20

Ala! No one answered my question. Will I be taken to jail if I refuse to hang up those portraits? Can we at least photoshop them and, you know, make them more pretty & pleasing to the eye. I don't want to scare away any more clients.
Painting

Postby Zambian » 14th July 2011, 12:52

Painting wrote :
> Ala! No one answered my question. Will I be taken to jail if I refuse to
> hang up those portraits? Can we at least photoshop them and, you know, make
> them more pretty & pleasing to the eye. I don't want to scare away any
> more clients.

Painting,

See here, mate, if I were you I would NOT, repeat, would NOT, have that picture, photo-shopped or not, anywhere near my shop. Then I would let them sue me and would love to hear what the charges would be. Refusing to ugly-fy my shop? Yeah, right.
Zambian

Postby Painting » 14th July 2011, 13:50

Zambian

I diverted from the topic. The point is not about how handsome our potential presidents are (or not) and whether their portraits will affect the interior of a commercial space, but rather why we should be inclined to put them up in the first place. If anyone here knows, please just tell me if it's a legal requirement. If not, I'll do a double check, then have each and every one of them removed. I'll replace them with my own. I'm full of myself.
Painting

Postby Zambian » 14th July 2011, 14:04

Painting,
You have just made my lunch hour, mate. Am I actually going to get any work done today? I keep checking for people's responses every few minutes. On a serious note, tho, I doubt that it is a legal requirement to have potraits of presidents hang up unless, of course, the building is a public one. When you do decide to replace the potraits can I please come have OUR potrait taken with you? I'm sure we'd look awesome and you can teach me all about being full of myself, too.
Zambian

Postby Kantwa » 14th July 2011, 14:36

I think it's illegal. It's one of the laws that law makers never bother to change because no one ever thinks about them. Besides, can you imagine the MMD ever meeting to discuss changing that law? Who do you think would have the balls to even bring up that bill in parliament for discussion?

There are many laws that people have just forgotten about changing in Zambia. Not to spoil your lunch, Zambian, but did you know that oral sex is still a CRIME in Zambia?
Kantwa

Postby Political Analyst » 14th July 2011, 14:44

I concur with Zambian.
For a private business premises it is not a legal requirement to display the portrait of the President unless in public institutions. It is only that we got accustomed to the Kaunda era were almost all business houses were government controlled and the few which were in private 'hands' just followed suit to display the presidential portrait.
Political Analyst

Postby Guest » 14th July 2011, 14:46

Imwe bantu! Didnt they teach you respect when you were growing up?

Postby Zambian » 14th July 2011, 16:21

Kantwa wrote :
> I think it's illegal. It's one of the laws that law makers never bother to
> change because no one ever thinks about them. Besides, can you imagine the
> MMD ever meeting to discuss changing that law? Who do you think would have
> the balls to even bring up that bill in parliament for discussion?
>
> There are many laws that people have just forgotten about changing in
> Zambia. Not to spoil your lunch, Zambian, but did you know that oral sex is
> still a CRIME in Zambia?

Kantwa,

Seriously, guys, this laughter is getting me into trouble now. My colleague keeps asking me if I'm losing my mind. And, yes, kanswa, I am aware that oral sex is still deemed illegal in Zambia, tho how that can ever be proven that one indulged in oral sex is beyond me. But hey-ho, that's Zambia for you.
Zambian

Postby Zeze » 14th July 2011, 18:43

On the contrary, I think RB's portrait should be made illegal in all work places. It is a threat to productivity. Having to look at that man's face all day has got to be one of the most depressing things. Not to mention annoying.

Maybe this is why we have such bad customer service at many of these places. People are constantly in a foul mood, looking at that portrait and thinking, that fat bastard!
Zeze

Postby DB » 14th July 2011, 20:59

Speak for yourself Zeze. Me, I love RB's photo. It reminds me of the big contract I got.
DB

Postby Niziba » 14th July 2011, 21:50

If you have only seen RB on pictures, that is not enough to prepare you for the shock of meeting him in person. If not for those bodyguards, you would want to touch that fat head because you cannot believe a man's head could possibly grow to that size.
Niziba

Postby Defender » 15th July 2011, 09:47

Niziba, maybe that explains RB's high intelligence. Big head can house big brain.
Defender

Postby Fimofimo » 15th July 2011, 11:42

Your comments are really hurting Thandiwe's right of association. I wish she could come out to defend her right,and right now!
Fimofimo

Postby Guest » 15th July 2011, 12:16

Fimofimo wrote :
> Your comments are really hurting Thandiwe's right of association. I wish
> she could come out to defend her right,and right now!

Fimofimo,

Whay can she possibly say to change peoples' views? Ugly is ugly no matter what. Maybe she can come out and own up to being a gold-digga. Come on, why else would she be with THAT? Prostitution comes in many forms, you know....

Next Page

Return to Miscellaneous (Anything not covered in the other categories)