Any black Zambian who got rid of acne?

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

Any black Zambian who got rid of acne?

Postby Jannice » 19th August 2010, 16:44

Dear Zambia,

I know this is meant for services, but I would like people who have managed to control their acne successfully to help me. I don't want to hear too many details - there is enough of that online. Just tell me whether you are male or female (if you want) what you are using that has WORKED FOR YOU and for HOW LONG. No stories of what did not work please. Maybe there is somebody out there with my skin type who has harped on something that works. It would also be nice if what you are using is accessible - so please say where you get your product if any.

I hope that is not asking too much.

J
Jannice

Re: Any black Zambian who got rid of acne?

Postby Peppy » 19th August 2010, 19:30

Hi. I had a major probm like u. Then I started using a moisturizer by Nivea. It's about 90 pin but works like magic. I just wash face with dettol soap like normal and apply nivea Moisturiser lotion like normal. Difference is unbelievable. I still can't explain it. O u can buy from Spar or link pharmacy. Also woodlands pharmacy.
Peppy

Postby Male » 19th August 2010, 23:57

Dear Janice,

My name is not Janice. I am male in my late 20s. Actually, I will turn 30 later this year. When I was in grade 9, my female Math teacher told me that she would pay anything to have my skin. I am lucky that way. I didn't do anything to have this skin. Just genetics, I suppose. Good luck with your search for a skin cream. I wish I could be of any help, but I am useless.
Male

Postby Bamwine » 20th August 2010, 10:39

I am sure Janice knows a billion people with near perfect skin. So why are you bothering her with that? shame shame shame!!

Janice dear - just focus on being confident (even as you search for your solution). I have learnt that confidence goes further than anything. I remember this girl at secondary school who had more pimples than skin on her face. It was as if akapata had been thrown her way or something. But you know, she was more popular with guys than some of those smooth faced ones. She was very confident - and maybe a little rich.

So just carry on - and becareful of all those extreme lotions that leave you looking like nearndathal man - i mean with hair growing everwhere on the face.
Bamwine

Postby Male » 20th August 2010, 11:48

oh the drama! I am sure your neanderthal man advice is very very helpful. I am sure of that. I am just surprised you forgot the part of advice about the neanderthal woman and her listick from tree bark.
Male

Postby Male » 20th August 2010, 12:01

talking about neanderthal women and their lipstick, I knew this one neanderthal mama who swore that her clear skin had to do with her avoiding allergenes in her diet. She says many other pimpled neanderthal women consumed something in their diet that unbeknowest to them, contributed to their acne. Something as mundane as chocolate or nuts or something. The solution may not always be in cream. Maybe diet. But she's neanderthal. What does she know, anyway?
Male

Postby Mwandi » 16th September 2010, 19:41

Noney

Did you miss the part where the man said he was a Black Zambian? He didn't say he was a bee.

Please try to read the details before you make this man into a walking magnet for flies, dust, leaves and things.
Mwandi

Postby Bamwine » 27th September 2010, 11:28

very funny mwandi. uli kawelewele.
Bamwine

Postby Jannice » 27th September 2010, 11:29

Noney - did the honey work for you?
Jannice

Postby ka gelo » 16th November 2010, 13:26

Hi try Proactive the full kit, it has a cleanser, toner and moisturizer it can be found at the proactive shop at down town shopping mall or jubilee chemist and VK pharmacy along cairo road, it worked wonders for me i'm sure it will too for you plus its suitable for all skin types. best wishes
ka gelo

Postby Been there » 16th November 2010, 14:09

Jannice if you tried Proactive solution but gave up on it too quickly coz you didn't see the results in the time you wanted, it's worth the try again. Proactive has been around forever; tried and tested and now it's in Zambia. I used it when I lived in the US more than 10 years ago, I was 21 and it's been goodbye acne to date!

I had what bamwine here called 'more pimples than skin on the face', I was bothered but consolation was my beautiful looks, thanks to my paternal grandmother. If you can happily date and have a chain of guys ask you out? (Sorry if you're male just transpose...) Then know that you're attractive and need not let acne deprive you of a normal life. However if the acne doesn't go away you will have to live with it until that age when acne just disappears on its own.

All the best!
Been there

Postby Bella » 16th November 2010, 14:28

Hmmm never had acne but some people have swear that using raw oats (yes jungle oats-make a paste using water)as a face scrub twice a day works...
Bella

Postby Pound of flesh » 16th November 2010, 14:29

Jannice I have a solution but it will cost you a pound of flesh - I mean it is expensive!!!!!!!!!!!!!! are you willing ?
Pound of flesh

Postby Bella » 16th November 2010, 14:31

OOOps meant to write sworn ( before i am crucified by learned people)
Bella

Postby Just a minute » 16th November 2010, 14:36

learned people never crucify people over trivial things.
Just a minute

Postby Sosi » 17th November 2010, 02:27

aaah Bella! you ruined it. "people have swear" sounded more Zambian. what is this sworn stuff uh? hehe

now ba Pound of flesh, just spit it out already. Why the suspense? you will make us think you are trying to pull a Nigerian. First lure the victim with intrigue, smoke screens and fuzziness. Then pull the trap when they least expect it.

I'm telling you them Nigerians, they will see an opportunity to steal in any situation. even from a face full of pimples..
Sosi

Postby Been there » 17th November 2010, 14:01

Sosi my friend many a time you leave me dumbfounded! "People have swear" sounded more Zambian? "I'm telling you them Nigerians, they will see an opportunity to steal in any situation, even from a face full of pimples? Hmmm... I'm dumbfounded. Ehehe..:)
Been there

Postby Bella » 17th November 2010, 16:17

LOL...Sosi, I take it all back. lets leave it as it is!!!
Bella

Postby Naine » 14th January 2011, 10:27

pound of fresh

What happened to the acne cure you was going to tell Jannice about. I too have had acne ever since, well, since puberty but now I'm in my early 40s and still with me. Would really love something that works. Tried Proactive, but it gave me a more serious breakout couldn't risk continuing. Most of these things do that to me. When something works, it only does that for short period then I'm back to before. Even herbal things still break me out excessively
Naine

Next Page

Return to Recommend a place for their good service