WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT DIAMOND GENERAL INSURANCE LIMITED

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT DIAMOND GENERAL INSURANCE LIMITED

Postby mondi » 15th December 2010, 08:40

Dear Zambia,

What is your opinion on the services being offered by this insurance company? are they competent enough to meet the Short term insurance needs in the country? which areas do they have to explore inorder to create their own niche market??

please help,

soon to insure

Mondi
mondi

Re: WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT DIAMOND GENERAL INSURANCE LIMITE

Postby David » 15th December 2010, 10:17

I inquired on their services and the response time was marvelous and if it is anything to go by then they are on the right track. My interest was in motor vehicle insurance - third party policy and the premium is favorable as compared to other players especially if you insured for a year upfront.
David

Postby MISS MUZUNGU » 15th December 2010, 11:49

david,
THEY ARE ALL VERY FAST TO TAKE UR MONEY. U KNOW IF THEY ARE GOOD, WHEN U NEED THEM TO PAY AND THEY ARE AS FAST PAYING AS WHEN THEY TOOK UR MONEY UPFRONT FOR ONE YEAR
MISS MUZUNGU

Postby David » 15th December 2010, 13:35

You have a point Miss Muzungu .. You can only know your true friends when you are in trouble....
David

Postby Jay » 15th December 2010, 14:18

I think these guys are the ones. I like their speed when dealing with claims. Its super. Pipo should consider insuring with Diamond.
Jay

Postby mondi » 15th December 2010, 14:27

Dear David and Miss Muzungu,

so you think my claims will be settled on time??? what is their track record when it comes to claims
mondi

Postby David » 15th December 2010, 15:07

Mondi ,

I haven't had a claim from Diamond Insurance but I just insured with them recently. My assumption was that if their response time to inquiries was any thing to go by then they are a Diamond, but my friend Muzungu reminded me that unless Diamond insurance is as fast on settling claims as they are on getting premiums you can not say they are are good.

But Jay as just confirmed that they are also fast when dealing with claims..
David

Postby David » 15th December 2010, 15:11

Dearest Muzungu,

Can I bash my car to see if Diamond insurance will respond as quickly as possible? Please advice!!!
David

Postby Lucas » 15th December 2010, 15:22

Jay, fast is relative. How long did it take for these guys to settle your claim? Am about to renewal my motor insurance, maybe i might consider insuring with these guys.
Lucas

Postby Jay » 15th December 2010, 15:30

They normally settle within maximum 7 days. The only delay can be if you dont provide all the details they require.
Jay

Postby Lucas » 15th December 2010, 15:46

Well Jay seven days sounds to good to be true, thats what they all say in their adverts.

To be precise,how many days did it take from the time you handed in the claim papers and the time they gave you your cheque?
Lucas

Postby Guest » 15th December 2010, 15:57

Jay,
Do you work for the same company? I ask this because I have my doubts whether any insurance company in Zambia can settle a claim in 7 days. Remember you have to get the report from the police first before they can even start processing your claim. To me 7 days is the shortest it would take you get this police report.

Postby Mondi » 15th December 2010, 18:33

I have a friend who had an accident and it only took 3 days at most to get the Policy report. I believe it requires seriousness on your part to get your report.
Mondi

Postby David » 16th December 2010, 12:13

Guest,

Jay is talking about the point were your have done your part i.e done police reports and necessary formalities and have handed these documents to the insurance company.
David

Postby Cindy » 16th December 2010, 16:11

David wrote :
> Dearest Muzungu,
>
> Can I bash my car to see if Diamond insurance will respond as quickly as
> possible? Please advice!!!

This is the part I say LAUGH OUT LOUD!!!
Cindy

Postby MISS MUZUNGU » 16th December 2010, 16:21

DAVID,
U CAN BASH UR CAR, BUT LET ME KNOW WHEN U ARE PLANNING TO DO IT SO I STAY OFF THE ROAD.
GO BOY GO!
THATS THE ONLY WAY U WILL FIND OUT THE TRUTH.
MISS MUZUNGU

Postby TOPMAN ! » 16th December 2010, 17:03

With so much talk. Please send me their email address I see it for myself. I want to try them on a car insurance.
TOPMAN !

Postby Daniel John Bothma » 20th June 2011, 12:49

Iam one of those people that have been seriously DISAPPOINTED by Diamond General Insurance Limited. As a Third party beneficiary whose vehicle was bashed on 12th December 2010 along Alick Nkata Road by a client of theirs. They contracted a garage to repair my light truck who took custody of my vehicle on 20th January 2011, and was formerly instructed by DGIL on 28th January 2011 in their letter to me.

Today is 20th June 2011, has the vehicle been repaired? NO. WHY? Because DGIL staff are too smart and believe in making follow ups by telephone and not physical. I wrote two letters to to DGIL on 14th April 2011 and 15t June 2011 respectively to which I received no reply, or feedback or reaction. did so. I made several follow ups with the garage and even brought to the attention of DGIL my concerns but received not attention. Staff could make promises to give a feedback by phone on these concerns or the they action they would take, but never came round to do so.

I made several suggestions, to that effect, again all that fell on deaf ears. I was most disturbed when the CEO could not meet me after making an appointment in written and waiting for him for 2 hours on 20th June 2011. I bet he/she feels that Iam too low to meet him, hence his/her avoiding me.

I find DGIL to have no system and strength to; supervise and monitor their contractors, adjust, make amends or take action on issues raised by the clients. In my case, I had expected the DGIL management to hold a joint meeting between me and the garage after I had raised issues, but chose to have separate meetings as if they had issues to hide. How would they have known the truth? Is that the best way to resolve differences or misunderstanding that would have resulted in conflicts?

My case remain unresolved. How long more am I going to wait for the truck to be returned to me? If I can't see the CEO and try to work out something with him/her, then who-else could I see?

Thank you for this website where I can post my complaint or praise on/for DGIL resulting to our interaction.
Daniel John Bothma

Postby Humphrey chanda » 22nd December 2014, 10:59

This is the worst insurance company I have dealt with, as a third party! Their employees have an indifferent attitude towards work! One wonders if there is anyone to supervise them! So pathetic!
Humphrey chanda

Return to Banking & Insurance