CAN ZANACO MAKE A STATEMENT ON THEFTS

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

CAN ZANACO MAKE A STATEMENT ON THEFTS

Postby Peter M. » 21st December 2010, 12:31

Dear Zambia,

I have personally heard of over 50 other people who have found money missing in their Zanaco account and yet we still have no public statement from the bank over this issue.

Why don't we all get together and make Zanaco management publicly account for this? I have seen the statement from the bank on this site but it doesn't address this specific issue and neither does it admit any error or wrongdoing on their side. We need a straight and clear statement from them on this specific issue of missing money.

Are there any people visiting this site who are victims or know other victims of this scam in Zanaco?
Peter M.

Re: CAN ZANACO MAKE A STATEMENT ON THEFTS

Postby Jade » 22nd December 2010, 08:37

Dear Peter,

Just reading these theft stories at a bank brings a bad taste in my mouth. I would advise that you remove whatever is left of your savings from this bank as you follow up on the case. I really wish you luck because this bank has been known to ignore inquiries or complaints from its customers.
Jade

Postby Rogue Trader » 22nd December 2010, 09:11

There is a lot of rubbish going on at that so-called bank. Early last week I visited a branch of theirs on the Copperbelt, hoping to change a small amount of FOREX. They displayed their rates prominently in the branch but, to my utter disgust, I was told they were not buying FOREX! I demanded to speak to the manager and, once upstairs, I met a friend who was also waiting to see the manager. When I explained my predicament, she advised me to go to the local Standard Chartered Branch. On our way out, I asked for her reason for visiting the manager. Her problem was more baffling than mine. Her account was wrongly debited back in August and she had to go through the hoops just to get an explanation. They explained the problem but the idiots haven't yet refunded her. Apparently it was a Visa transaction and according to them, it takes two weeks to clear! I know most banks clear these within 48 hours. That's crazy enough but it has now been four months and still no refund.
Rogue Trader

Postby zanaco employee » 27th January 2011, 12:45

send your complaints to this email customerservice@zanaco.co.zm
zanaco employee

Postby JCK » 27th January 2011, 14:52

Zanaco Employee you are suddenly very active in responding to all the complaints, where have you been all this time and can you identify yourself properly like Mr Simon Bota GM Multichoice has done so we all know who we maybe dealing with. Or are you scared the customers will to Zanaco and ask for you to resolve their complaints. Finally what is the point of just giving an email address give us the telephone numbers and the actual physical address where we can come and complain to customer service.
JCK

Postby Doris » 28th January 2011, 00:08

I have always said Zambia is not ready for internet banking. All these thefts from banks is caused by internet banking. I think IT personnel have a hand in this they have acces to most info/data of accounts. They duplicate cards and pins and withdraw peoples money. Its a syndicate. It also happenned at Standard Chartered and Barclays.
Be wary of who you give your account details to. Zanaco mgt has deliberately chosen not to notify its customers for fear of losing customers n they dont even assist! Just change banks bane why suffer!
Doris

Postby Ziko » 28th January 2011, 00:21

Calling Zambia a developing nation is an insult to the word development. We are not developing. At every level, be it private sector or government, people are focused on their own individual self. Nobody thinks in terms of moving forward as a nation.

Most Zambians want to live with the luxuries enjoyed in places like south Korea, without stopping to think how south Korea got where they are today. Read the history of many small booming economies of the world and many emerging economies. People had to make enormous sacrifices first before they could sit back as a nation to enjoy the fruits of their labour.
Ziko

Postby zanaco employee » 28th January 2011, 07:30

zanaco head office lusaka, customer service department or call 0211 221360 221358
zanaco employee

Postby Regulator » 28th January 2011, 10:56

Customer complaints
48. A bank or financial institution shall -
(a) establish, and make available in writing to its customers in the public portion of each
branch, procedures for dealing with complaints made by customers concerning
their relations with the bank or financial institution;
(b) designate a manager or employee to be the customer service officer and to be
responsible for implementing and administering those procedures, including receiving, dealing
with or otherwise disposing of all complaints received; and
(c ) create and maintain for two years, or such longer period as may be prescribed by the
Bank of Zambia a record of every complaint received and how it was dealt with or disposed of.
(As amended by Act No. 18 of 2000)

Clearly ZANACO is in contravention of the above section of the Banking and Financial Services Act(1994) 2000. Further, if you do not have your complaints resolved, you have the liberty to report the matter to Bank of Zambia.
Regulator

Postby Kwisa » 28th January 2011, 11:16

I am personally shocked and disgusted at the EXTREMELY PATHETIC AND TOTALLY RUBBISH service from ZANACO! On this site, no other bank has the sheer number of complaints as them. And they just sit and watch all these complaints without addressing them on this forum. They cannot even follow the example of Multichoice and Rhapsodys. They give us an email address to use but I bet they will not even reply to your email. I know so many people who have not had their problems resolved for MONTHS AND MONTHS even after going in person to ZANACO. This useless ZANACO employee thinks we are stupid enough to believe that an email complaint can be dealt with when problems received in person are rarely resolved. I am yet to meet someone who can testify that their problem was resolved quickly and professionally.

My advice to all of you who bank with this useless stupid bank is firstly take your business elsewhere. There are twenty banks in Zambia. Secondly, make your complaints in writing and make them sign a copy as proof of receipt. Carbon copy the letter to Bank of Zambia. Finally, come on this site and tell us all about your experience so that these ZANACO fools are embarrassed into action. What kind of MD do they have who does not seem to care about all these issues? Their Customer support department must be the most useless in Zambia!!!
Kwisa

Postby joshua » 22nd July 2011, 19:34

hello my name is joshua jere a journalist and am doing an investigative story on money going missing from peoples bank accounts.
Pls call me on 0977 750 531
joshua

Postby Guest » 26th July 2011, 13:01

joshua wrote :
> hello my name is joshua jere a journalist and am doing an investigative
> story on money going missing from peoples bank accounts.
> Pls call me on 0977 750 531 MY email address is joshua.jere@gmail.com

Return to Banking & Insurance