Stanchart Extended hours may not benefit Customer!

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

Stanchart Extended hours may not benefit Customer!

Postby Mukuka » 6th August 2010, 19:13

Dear Zambia,

The initial reaction to the extended banking hours at Manda Hill is obviously that we are no longer confined to the standard banking hours.

But once one decides to obtain benefit from this, it soon dawns that there may be a price to be paid.

Since staff have to work in shifts, it may mean that fewer counters will operate at any one time. Stanchart would need to deploy more people for them to cope with the increased hours. Not sure if they have done this

After spending 1 hour and 20 minutes in the bank today, I am more inclined to think that the price is being borne by the customer.

I have had to spend longer time at Manda Hill compared to Kabulonga.

But today was particularly bad. So I tried to get some information on what was going on.

Apparently, the other staff we where seeing walking around had just knocked off and so could not help. Of those that should have been on duty, two where unwell and no arrangement could be made to get a relief pair.

Oh, and the Manager who should have been taken to task for the confusion had had to go for afternoon training that was called at short notice!

The whole situation should simply not happen! But alas, in Zambia, this is just another one of those days!
Mukuka

Return to Banking & Insurance