Proof of residence

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

Proof of residence

Postby DAVID CHANDA » 2nd June 2011, 11:57

Dear Zambia,

I wanted to open a bank account and I got a message * bring a proof of residence e.g. utility bill * well I don't have such document could some one tell me what to do???Dear Zambia,
DAVID CHANDA

Re: Proof of residence

Postby Headman » 2nd June 2011, 12:02

[deleted by admin]
Headman

Postby DAVID CHANDA » 2nd June 2011, 14:09

The problem is they don't treat people nicely. bcz they see on me some poor having poor cloth on, this is why I'm here maybe some one can tell me that to do.
DAVID CHANDA

Postby Headman » 2nd June 2011, 16:04

my dear David,there are so many banks arounds.try the new nigerian ones....i understand when someone is new on the market they treat their prospective clients so well.
move on my dear and leave that crappy bank which is treating you like a poor man.dont they know that an oak tree as big as it is,was once a tiny seed???your little savings will be billions with time.
Headman

Postby Kombwe » 2nd June 2011, 20:28

Headman, what rubbish did you write up there that prompted the admin to delete yo ka post? I bet it was something quite raunchy, yeah? Knowing you, you probably threw in a few private parts and such.
Kombwe

Postby Lewis » 2nd June 2011, 23:57

A voters card can be used as proof of residence.
Lewis

Postby Gilbert » 3rd June 2011, 00:36

Maybe so, but voter's cards are not very reliable these days. MMD cadres sell them to the highest bidder.
Gilbert

Postby Sanni » 3rd June 2011, 08:03

Admin, I dont think Headman's comment warranted your wrath.

It was quite sound advice telling Mr Chanda to go back to the bank and ask for other options to prove his residential address. I know that if you dont have utility bills in your name, you can provide a copy of your lease agreement or even a letter from your employer confirming your residence. Ok, maybe Headman did go a bit overboard calling ba Chanda thick as a tree stump...but advice is advice...
Sanni

Postby Lewis » 3rd June 2011, 09:43

@Gilbert,

Proof of residence is just meant to verify the address on your account application form. And a voter's card happens to have your address. I actually opened an account with Stanchart using a voter's card as proof of residence.
Lewis

Postby Freakazoid » 3rd June 2011, 15:07

What if you dont vote??
Freakazoid

Postby Daniel Zulu » 3rd June 2011, 16:24

[edited by admin]

I know we all have the freedom to do whatever we please but exercising some of these so called freedoms is simply an indication of a bankrupt mind. I wish I could find a nicer way to say this but this is the nicest I can say it.
Daniel Zulu

Postby Freakazoid » 3rd June 2011, 16:45

Oh Dear Ba Daniel, each man to his own, if you like t bone doesnt mean i would too...i choose not to vote and that is my choice no matter how many names u call me i still will choose not to vote and will not get a voters card....So Danny boy continue voting and see if it will make a difference to your life and life in Zed in general!!!You know the saying...from the frying pan and into the fire??? Think about it
Freakazoid

Postby Daniel Zulu » 3rd June 2011, 17:03

I'm not surprised at all. Not many people (especially younger people) have bothered to look into the history of Universal political franchise or Universal suffrage. Every generation stands on the shoulders of those who went before. We here in Zambia enjoy many privileges and we take most of them quite for granted. You can never appreciate your right to vote unless you have read some books and studied some history. Yes it's each man, woman and child to his/her own. Some of us choose to live as blind men. It's our choice. I will not argue with that.

Funny thing is, if all the things we gained from those who shed their blood to give us this lifestyle today was suddenly taken away, those who don't pay attention to things like voting will cry the loudest. They will be like, what do you mean I have to bow to a white boy and be his servant? Me? I have no rights? I can't even protest. These are the same people who will be standing there with a stupid look on their face, utterly confused.
Daniel Zulu

Postby Freakazoid » 4th June 2011, 10:05

I doubt we will return to the "days of old" whereby we will have to bow to a white boy,and be his servant, in this day and age not gonna happen unless by choice. Besides many people white, black, brown work as servants and are well rewarded for their efforts, and still in many so called western countries and Africa alike we have, not only servants, but even slaves, yes slaves...black on black slavery, white on white slavery, etc, it happens all over the world and a vote is not going to change peoples hearts, even in Zambia we have slaves, please correct me if im wrong, and for that matter and woman selling her body for sex and being controlled by a pimp is that not slavery?? I rest my case
Freakazoid

Proof of residence

Postby Nkandu » 5th June 2011, 21:10

Dear Zambia,

Can some one tell me how I can get a proof of residence.

Thanks
Nkandu

Postby Daniel Zulu » 6th June 2011, 03:22

What case do you rest? You and I might as well be talking english and chinese to each other. I'm the english speaker:)

Anyway, to each his own. If you don't see the importance of the principle of voting, I will not be the one to pinch your nose and drag you to the polling booth. No way, not me. So suit yourself.
Daniel Zulu

Return to Banking & Insurance