UBA - Pathetic Customer Care

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

Re: UBA - Pathetic Customer Care

Postby mulato » 8th February 2011, 17:02

personally, my preference would be for a crowded bank where I can eventually do business to a clear bank where i can't do business.
mulato

Postby kanji/ » 17th February 2011, 13:21

In response to the lady who had a terrible experience,,,she has a right to express herself. Thats not to say prejudice is good but its important to note here that as a customer one has expectations of what good custome service should be, regardles of whether they are local or international organisations. When it comes to these new banks, there could be a failure on taking on and adopting international business ethis and acceptable etiquette.
the same applies to Asian shops and most zambian owned business, who beleive their job is just to take money away from you and they don't have a part to play in the whole transaction..its sad that we have made this acceptable behaviour and nothing's being done about it. It starts from people like the complaint to point out such issues and perhasp eveyone will know what is not acceptabel and what is right behaviour.. by any business or organsition...this is what has led to people thinking white is good,, not that i'm seconding that, but they just seem to know how to behave and address people and clients regardless of whether you have a title or not
kanji/

Postby Dale in USA » 18th February 2011, 00:59

I just wanted to add a quick note regarding United States currency. In the last couple of years the currency HAS changed a lot. To a lot of us, the 'new' money still looks "funny." A lot of 'secret' changes were also made to the currency that are not obvious by a simple glance. All of these changes were done because of counterfeiting of currency (both in the US and oversees).

Also, in the US, most retail stores check twenty dollar bills or higher by using a special pen. By the color that the pen writes on the currency, this tells if the money is counterfeit or not. How do they check this in Zambia?

dale
Dale in USA

Postby efyo » 18th February 2011, 02:34

The first impression is the most striking. Why do we polish ourselves up and dress up to kill on our first date?? To impress..otherwise we will loose out. Its the same principal in business.If one feels badly treated in a business then one forms a bad opinion about that business. Anywhere else but Zambia, one would have left and transacted their business elsewhere. But in Zambia one simply has no other choice. And the poor clerk was probably worrying about how to afford the next meal, coz he is inhumanly and poorly paid. 47 years after independence the general public is still treated like trash, that is absolutely unacceptable. I blame it all on the governments disinterest in the welfare of its people. I know of countries where businesses are closed by government because of poor customer services....but our government is too busy filling its private pockets....shame.
On the other hand , despite having a relatively good telecommunications network, Zambia is lacking behind when it comes to e-banking. In Kenya, Masai cow herder hundreds of kilometres away from the next bank execute their bank transactions by mobile phone. If we had the same standards in Zambia, Samara would have pulled out her mobile phone, transferred the 50$ to UBA and saved the trouble of driving to UBA and having his/her (Samara is a female arabian name...I think) day ruined.
By the way Zambian embassies abroad also ask visa applicants to deposit visa fees to chosen banks.....its a global world,if but only elsewhere.
efyo

Postby Akin » 4th November 2011, 12:04

Sorry about your uncommon experience with this bank. I bank with Kamwala Branch of UBA, and the staff (all Zambians) are friendly and courteous. Lastly, a crowded bank is not necessarily a profitable bank. Bank transactions are IT driven in this modern day. Personally, I run away from banks with crowded banking hall. It may interest you to note that UBA is one of the 10 top banks in Zambia now, having just opened for business less than two years ago
Akin

Postby Bartholomew » 4th November 2011, 20:40

Akin, you sound like top management material at the Kamwala Branch of UBA. Good for you. What's the salary scale these days for you top guys? I bet it's upward of K10 million a month, yes? must be sweet to be top dog for sure.
Bartholomew

Postby jolly » 28th December 2011, 13:44

I agree that UBA has ine of the most friendly employees and i also personally bank with them and immediately i enter the bank they recognize me with my name. So maybe it was a one-off bad experience but in general the bank is good in terms of service
jolly

Postby David » 28th May 2015, 12:49

My experience is quite on the rough side. My visa card was credited half less by this bank&I ve bn trying2call customer care lines bt can't get through.2make matters worse, Im in the outskirts of Zambia where UBA has no branch. Im in a fix need 2settle bills!
David

Previous Page

Return to Banking & Insurance