central park, cairo road

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

central park, cairo road

Postby besia » 14th September 2010, 16:26

Dear Zambia,

i have just experienced the worst customer service at central park today. i was with the company driver and we parked near the sidewalk restaurant in the customers parking lot, we got out to go about with our business only to be asked by a security guard where we were heading, i was surprised at that but answered him, flower boutique as my intention was to get some gift wrapping material, as i was walking i decided to quickly collect my mail from the post office and finish off with flower boutique and get a meal as i wait for my colleague. i got back to go about with my business only to be told the driver had been told to leave coz none of us had walked into any of the shops at central park, the driver was told to go and park at the post office then get back for his business at central park, i found it very absurd and annoying especially that there is so much traffic in town, parking space is hard to find and one has to plan their way around town, i asked them to think logically about what had just transparred and all i got was "we always have customers like you who park and leave central park". i spoke to a guard called alex from G4 security who was far from courteous.i asked for his supervisor who only acknowledged that his junior may have made an error but did not apologise for the incovenience. now i have to look for the driver who is not on phone and is busy looking for parking space and i have to go to other stationary shops around town looking for gift material and i've had to use an internet cafe across central park to check my mail and post this when i could have done all my business in one central location called central park. my message to central park management is to be weary of how the G4 security guards are treating customers.Dear Zambia,
besia

Re: central park, cairo road

Postby Palarreroglam » 14th September 2010, 20:16

Besia,

I experienced the same a few weeks back but have to admit, they do have a point. Parking is reserved for central park customers only. Imagine 50 of us taking up parking space meant for central park customers and dashing off to finish off errands nearby. Where do the guards draw a line? I myself have been guilty of trying to sneak out to finish off my business along Cairo road but I too was stopped!

Yes you were a legit customer and entitled to your parking spot only if you had sent the driver to collect your mail while you bought your gift wrap :) The moment you step out, you're no more a customer and therefore cannot park there.
Palarreroglam

Re: central park, cairo road

Postby Pepe » 14th September 2010, 21:06

Besia,

For what it's worth, let me share my story with you. Actually, I have no story, just want to blubber my mouth.

I currently reside in the US. Parking lot attendants here are fanatical about making sure those who park in their lots are strictly customers of businesses to which that particular parking lot is assigned. Like I said these guys are fanatical. They are in cahoots with tow truck drivers who hide around the corner waiting to ambush. If the attendants see someone park his car in the lot but wanders off outside the parameter of the allowed businesses, they simply summon the tow truck driver who can have the car towed away in a matter of minutes.

Sooner or later the owner of the car will show up and start screaming that my car's been stolen, my car's been stolen! The attendant calmly comes over and tells the screaming, panicked car owner to relax. Your car has not been stolen, he explains. it's just been impounded for illegal parking. Do you want a stick of gum? A piece of mint candy, perhaps? That's when he tells the guy where his vehicle has been impounded to. He has to go there and pay a fee to get his vehicle back.

This is all legal, by the way, as there are posted signs all over the place warning people that their car will be towed away if they park there illegally. What is not legal is the fact that most of these guys share the profit between the tow truck drivers and parking attendants.

I have read some people here who want to see Western style service in Zambia. Well, there you have it.
Pepe

Return to Banking & Insurance