Publishing

Tell Zambia about a shop selling some product cheaper than others. Or ask others to help you find something. Compare quality too.
» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

Publishing

Postby Emzy 1 zalé » 8th March 2011, 11:56

Dear Zambia,i am in deep need of a publisher for my comic book,i have been working on this for a long time but it would for nothing if i dont find a publisher.i would b happy if anyone had any ideas of any publishers or print services,and if possible,even contact details.thank you!
Emzy 1 zalé

Re: Publishing

Postby Guest » 9th March 2011, 02:02

How many copies are you looking to publish, pages and what set out budget do you have?
If you are just looking for a printer to do the work I know a brilliant one.

Postby Guest » 12th March 2011, 21:29

I would like to publish atleast 20 copies for the first issue to test people's responce.it has 13 pages including the cover.yah a printer would be okay,how much would be the cost?

Postby Peter » 13th March 2011, 11:01

Emzy 1 zalé ,

comics where my passion in my teens and early twenties. i made a lot of comic books and bought a lot as well. marvel comics especially were my favourite, still are. captain america, spider-man,hulk were an obsession. i seriously encourage you to continue drawing and keep that passion alive. book-stores in zambia dont stock comic books. even my MAD magazine wont be found on the shelves these days. sad.

all the very best Emzy 1 zalé , will definitely buy and support your work. good luck
Peter

backlink service

Postby PatriciaHersheys » 13th March 2011, 14:28

Interesting topic. Want to see more on what you guys think about this.
PatriciaHersheys

Postby Electric Pearly Gates » 13th March 2011, 21:03

Well done Emzy. I'd love to see your comics. Here's an idea :idea: . There are tons of comic book resources online with a feverish following. While you can have your comic book published in print for sale here in Zambia, why don't you also make your presence online. Join these communities, interact with fellow comic book enthusiasts, get their response and feedback. Chances are you'll gain alot from just being there.

But for now, can you give us sample? 8-)
Electric Pearly Gates

link wheel

Postby LaureOrsborna » 15th March 2011, 02:16

@OP: hey, thanks. Nice topic, i have been searching these info for ages.
LaureOrsborna

Postby Coordinator » 15th March 2011, 06:12

Emzy 1 zalé

I hope your ears don't have wax coz this is no bullshitin', am gong to tell you here.

The publisher business is dead. The Internet killed it. In this day and age, anyone and everyone can publish on their own volition. Their own power. Their own terms. Seriously dude, welcome to the 21st century. forget the publisher. If you have access to the internet, which you obviously do, publish your own sh*t. This is the age of the one man army.

Good luck and God bless you.
Coordinator

Postby Chala Tumelo » 4th May 2011, 12:31

Have you tried contacting Father Miha at Mission Press, Ndola?
Chala Tumelo

Postby RUDENUDEDUDE » 4th May 2011, 15:16

ba coor5dinator or something like that...where are you rushing to........internet killed alot of things but hard copy material are still selling......ndimwe muli busy kugula ma ipad and ebooks when you have never read a single book in you life.... :ugeek: .

big up to the dude keep trying ma guy.hope to see your work on the shelves.
RUDENUDEDUDE

Postby Bamwine » 4th May 2011, 15:58

Emzy.

Don't be cheated. Publishing is still very well and alive! In fact I saw him walking down Cairo road just yesterday :)! Get a good publisher and get your stuff PRINTED. The internet has ONLY stolen part of the market NOT ALL of it. We still watch TV (as in we still pay multi-choice 500 pin a month just to watch the same movies we can watch or download from Coordinator's internet), we still go to the movies, we still go to the bookshop and buy books, we still buy newspapers, we still read good comic books BOUGHT OFF THE SHELF.

Your strategy is just more diverse so that it includes the internet.

My advice to you is go ahead and make publishing arrangements. Get an internet page to showcase your work - and sell your comic books!

As a start, do a sample picture of your work and post it on this forum. You can take a picture of half a page, post it here and we can criticize you until you give up - if you don't have a strong wishbone! ke ke ke!

Good luck!!
Bamwine

Postby Coordinator » 4th May 2011, 16:57

Scholarly gentlemen Rude Nude Dude and Bamwine,

I think perhaps you may have misunderstood the gist of my post addressed to the one and only Emzy 1 zalé. Or perhaps it is me who misunderstood the Emzy in the first place.

I got the impression that the dude was sweating to find a publisher for his masterpiece. And from the look of things, there were no publishers on the horizon. At least none willing to publish his masterpiece.

So that's when I thought I give him an alternative. It is a fact that many authors who would never had a chance in the old world of publishing, are now self-published, thanks to the Internet.

What I'm saying is, if you find a traditional publisher, fine. If those publishing dinosaurs think you are too much of a novice for them to risk it, then go it alone via the Internet. My intention was definitely not to kill the Emzy's dreams of having his masterpiece published some day.
Coordinator

Postby Bamwine » 5th May 2011, 08:14

Mr. Coordinator,

Your heart is in the right place and that is what is important. Thanks for the support to our comic man Emzy! Go Emzy go!!
Bamwine

Postby LeFlam Media » 7th February 2017, 11:10

Dear Author,

Kindly chat me on your self publishing needs. We offer excellent publishing packages with assured quality, delivery and amazing outcome for every project we handle.

Feel free to Send an email at tujuekenya@gmail.com or Whatsapp on +254 717 032323 for a discussion.

Welcome All.

Regards
LeFlam Media
LeFlam Media

Postby LeFlam Media » 7th February 2017, 11:14

Do not forget that you will need an expert to check your book before you publish it, lest you publish something that will have no readership online. Yes, eBooks are the 21st thing! But how many people take time to read online vis-a vis printed books?
LeFlam Media

Postby Kangwa C » 28th November 2017, 13:07

I am an independent Proofreader/Editor. Please call me to read through any work you may have before your book goes for publishing. I see many mistakes in many books and it's not impressive. So please call on my services. I am independent, which means we can negotiate.
Kangwa C

Postby Kangwa C » 28th November 2017, 13:08

am an independent Proofreader/Editor. Please call me to read through any work you may have before your book goes for publishing. I see many mistakes in many books and it's not impressive. So please call on my services. I am independent, which means we can negotiate.
I am based in Lusaka, Zambia.
tembo.kangwa@gmail.com
Kangwa C

Return to Bargain Hunter!!!