Brand new laptop for less than K2million

Tell Zambia about a shop selling some product cheaper than others. Or ask others to help you find something. Compare quality too.
» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

Brand new laptop for less than K2million

Postby cliff » 29th December 2011, 16:21

Dear Zambia,

Where or which store can i find a Toshiba or HP laptop for less than K2million?
cliff

Re: Brand new laptop for less than K2million

Postby Guest » 29th December 2011, 16:26

You will most likely find it in your dreams...

Postby Chipwisi » 29th December 2011, 18:59

Guest, please don't be a smart ass :mrgreen: The man is low on the kwacha. If you got no answer for the nice man, simply keep your mouth shut. Ok? :|
Chipwisi

Postby Guest » 29th December 2011, 20:19

Chipwisi, you really are a chipwisi. A brand new TOSHIBA laptop for less than K2m! Where? As long as he is not in his bed sleeping, he wont find it brand new at that price.

I'm just being realistic.

Postby Chipwisi » 29th December 2011, 20:37

Ok Mr. Big shot Guest, you don't have to blow your horn any louder. I get it. You are loaded. Good for you!

Check out amazon.com. They have a Toshiba Satellite C655-S5240 15.6-Inch Laptop for sale at $389.95. And yes, brand new genuine article. Not a chinese knock-off. At today's exchange rate, that translates to K1,979,386.

So you see Mr. big shot, just because you have a big fat bank account doesn't mean you should shoot down the man's dreams of owning a Toshiba laptop.
Chipwisi

Postby Guest » 29th December 2011, 20:51

You are talking of Amazon.com. Do you think it's wise to order a $389.95 laptop if all you have is K2m? What of shipping costs and duty. Be pragmatic, Chipwisi.

Postby Chipwisi » 29th December 2011, 21:30

Guest,
why do you seem interesting in shooting down a man's dream? Where there is a will there is a way. I'm sure I heard that somewhere.

Guest, in 2008 I visited a hospital ward where they were doing physical rehab to double amputees. Some of the stories those guys went through were shocking. I'm sure if you went to that hospital you will just kill those people with your gloomy pessimistic attitude.
Chipwisi

Postby Slumdog Shalapungu » 29th December 2011, 22:37

I don't know about brand new but you can get a good refurbished laptop for that price depending on make. I say save just a little more than that and get a brand new one from asus they do better laptops than toshiba or HP.If you are good at fixing laptops you can get very good laptops on ebay that are faulty. One thing that i can advise you is look for a laptops with broken screens the screens are easily replaced and you'd be suprised how lazy people are at fixing them, plus factor in postage via dhl to zed
Slumdog Shalapungu

Postby Guest » 29th December 2011, 22:47

Chipwisi,

Your response is typical of most Dear Zambia responses. No objectivity and always digressing from the real issue. Pessimism and realism are two different things. Where in Zambia have you seen a shop selling a brand new Toshiba for less than K2m? That is the question.

Postby Chipwisi » 29th December 2011, 22:54

Well Guest, I will personally not gain anything by getting into a debate with you over this laptop. So stay well. Nice chatting with ya.

And please, try to stay clear of the motivational speaker business because there are people out there who need a boost, not to be told they are dreamers :D
Chipwisi

Postby Chipwisi » 29th December 2011, 23:05

Dear Cliff,

If you choose to withstand the assault and the mockery from bwana Guest, and if you decide to look into amazon.com, I suggest you contact someone you can trust who is overseas. Right now amazon.com is having a whole bunch of sales with free shipping. Not to Zambia, I'm guessing. But if you can find a trustworthy person overseas, they can bring your laptop to you on their next visit to Zambia.

I could have given you my contact info but I'm afraid bwana Guest might come after me. For reasons unknown to me, he seemed quite nasty and mean spirited, over your K2m laptop :shock:
Chipwisi

Postby Guest » 29th December 2011, 23:06

Sorry. Didn't mean to step on anyones dream. Just got a little bit out of control of my rights to freedom of speech.

Postby Chipwisi » 29th December 2011, 23:10

yo bwana Guest, don't let me stop you from exercise your freedom of speech. Please fire away. And remember to let other people exercise their freedom of speech too
Chipwisi

Postby Guest » 29th December 2011, 23:22

The best advice is to get a second-hand laptop right here in Zambia not that amazon thing that you are singing about. I believe in workable solutions and not ideas that just work in your head.

Postby Chipwisi » 30th December 2011, 00:34

Guest my dearest of all dears,

I don't want to piss you off more than I already have so I will repeat an old saying with one omission.

"Only a _____ insists that something is impossible just because he himself cannot do it."

nite-nite, my dear. :P
Chipwisi

Postby Anti-Politics » 30th December 2011, 02:39

Chipwisi,

- In case u are awake now, jst have look at the dreams u enjoyed last night (in case u have forgotten them):

1. $389 laptop at amazon

do u honestly think that shipping and tax costs wuld be less that $10 (to add up to $399)? be serious, no seller wud ship a lap top to zambia for free (FYI, shipping a laptop by Fedex to Zed is about $120, I dont know about others).

2. [... I suggest you contact someone you can trust who is overseas. .. But if you can find a trustworthy person overseas, they can bring your laptop to you on their next visit to Zambia].

- even the most optimistic of the optimists wud not buy such an advice! First, there are less than 1% chances that this Cliff thing knows anyone overseas (assuming that he knows more than 100 people). Then, even if that unlikely event occured, there are less than 0.1% chances that this 'angel' cud carry the $389 laptop - which is most likely going to be very big and heavy - to zambia for free (assuming that he will have slightly more than the allowed weight on his flight - which is normal). As if that is not enough, there less than 0.5% chances that the 'angel' wud be travel ling to zambia any time soon (assuming that he vists zambia once every 5 years). Also, there 50% chance that the angel is trustworthy!!
-if add up all the probabilities, u come up with <<< 0.1x10E-8 chances that Cliff can get a laptop as u advised. Hope u cud revist your advice now that ur awake!!!!

3. [I could have given you my contact info but I'm...]
-Cliff wud be a manguam to trust someone he meets on DZ! Even if took this risk, he wud need not less than $30 to send u $389. Also, u or Cliff wud still need to pay shipping cost from the seller to whereever you are.

Cliff,
-U have two options (atleast as far as I'm concerned):
1. get a (very) used laptop, or
2.(if u are like me who value quality), top up your savings and get a decent computer which will last u some good time.
-As long as ur in zambia, and a new customer, both Amazon and ebay may not be good options for u (though Amazon is better)!!
Anti-Politics

Postby Chipwisi » 30th December 2011, 04:27

Anti-Politics,

Thanks my dear. Every time I score a mention from you on DZ, I feel like I'm walking on clouds ka. You know those fluffy comfy looking clouds? Yes those.

Although I fear you may have over looked one tiny tinsy-winsy small detail. My advice was for Cliff not you. I may not be as sharp as you, my dear but if I were giving advice to you, I'd know to tailor it to your liking. ;)

Say my dear Anti, what are you doing New Year's eve? I hope you will remember to behave as nice as me. Don't be naughty, ok dear? :D
Chipwisi

Postby Chipwisi » 30th December 2011, 04:51

Dear one Anti Politics,

I forgot to give one small detail. I gave my friend Cliff that piece of advice based on a personal experience. On one of my trips to Zambia, I did just that for a cousin. The laptop was not a Toshiba but the other brand Cliff is interested in. HP.

I have quite a long track record of buying from Amazon.com. And not once did I pay for shipping. I always wait for when they are having free shipping deals. But as I also mentioned to Cliff, I suspect they don’t extend the free shipping to Zambia. Hence my advice about a travelling friend or relative.

I will give you one thing Anti Politics my dearest. You are right it is not easy to find a trusted person when cash is involved. It is very hard but not impossible.

Now if you allow me I will brag about me :lol: . In 2011 alone I returned a wallet with cash inside and a debit card left in the ATM machine. I found the wallet on my way to lunch. It took me more than a week to get hold of the owner. And I was never tempted to keep the cash. When I was handing over the wallet, the lady looked inside and was literally dumbfounded to see her cash still intact.

The ATM thing was a guy who left his card in the ATM machine I was about to use. The damn ATM was even beeping and asking if you want to continue with another transaction. All I had to do was press yes and clean out the guy’s account. I did not. I could not catch the guy in time so I handed the card to a bank worker inside.

Stop right there Anti Politics. I know exactly what you want to say. That I’m dreaming again. :D
Chipwisi

Postby Guest » 30th December 2011, 08:58

Chipwisi wrote :
> I have quite a long track record of buying from Amazon.com. And not once
> did I pay for shipping. I always wait for when they are having free
> shipping deals. But as I also mentioned to Cliff, I suspect they don’t
> extend the free shipping to Zambia.

What is advice worth if what you are advising can't work?

Next Page

Return to Bargain Hunter!!!