Wedding Suits

Tell Zambia about a shop selling some product cheaper than others. Or ask others to help you find something. Compare quality too.
» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

Wedding Suits

Postby KM » 26th August 2010, 10:08

Dear Zambia,

Does anyone know where I can buy good men's suits cheaply for a wedding lineup? A friend advised that it's cheaper to import from Joburg, but if you count transportation it might still become expensive.
KM

Re: Wedding Suits

Postby Paulo » 26th August 2010, 10:15

Dear KM,

There is a shop called "Men's Exclusive" at the Cairo Road Mall. They have a wide selection of Men's suits at reasonable prices. You could also agree to put them on lay-by if the wedding is in a couple of months.
Paulo

Postby Cousin » 26th August 2010, 11:14

Why not just have them made by a good local tailor? There are some who are very good. That will save you some money for the honeymoon, honey :)
Cousin

Postby K2 » 26th August 2010, 11:25

Hi Cousin, its difficult to find an excellent tailor in Zed, too much 'poor finishing', the few that r there charge too high. Maybe KM Should try these guys that go to dubai, turkey or china, sometimes u get a good bargain e.g 450-500pin for one. Just ensure u insist on a good quality fabric. All the best in your search 4 a bargain suit...
K2

Postby Pepe » 26th August 2010, 20:40

Guys,

I just saw this note about a groom-to-be looking for a tuxedo on the cheap-cheap. If I may add my two cents, please. I am currently in the US. I have heard that the chinese have flooded God's country Zambia. I assure you guys, there is nobody on this planet today who can make any consumer good cheaper than the chinese. These guys have mastered the shoddy art of cheap. Even here in the States stores are flooded with cheap chinese goods. By pure assumption, I think the US may have stricter standards than Zambia regarding imported goods. For example, there have strict standards on the kind of paint used on children's toys.

Anyway, I'm rumbling. Sorry. When I first came to the US a cheap suit went for no less than $200. Now due to the influx on cheap cheap chinese suits, sales of $99 for 2 men's suits are commonplace. That's like $50 a piece. And these chinese guys have also become quite good at imitating Italian designers and the sorts. Now granted, you don't know what you are getting for $50 suit, but on that wedding day, you will look sharp, I assure you. Maybe if you are the groom by the time you get to the dance floor, you may be missing one leg of the trousers, who knows. But by then everyone is drunk and they don't care anymore.

I am not sure if $50 sounds like a lot of money in Zambian terms. But that's besides the point. The point is that a kid flipping burgers at McDonald's can make $50 in one day. So relatively speaking, the chinese in Zambia should be able to sell suits worth a bus driver's day salary.

So going back to my question, what are the chinese doing in Zambia if they are not selling cheap suits?
Pepe

Postby KM » 27th August 2010, 20:58

Thank you for the tips, people. It has helped a lot.
KM

Postby Civil Servant » 28th September 2010, 16:25

Dear KM,
Try Alfies Bridal shop along cairo road northend...next to "just Chicken"!
the shop has everything from tuxedos n wedding dresses for rent to everything esle u need for that big day...n goodness is the price for renting is so cheap u would be amazed!
Civil Servant

Postby ngozi » 4th January 2011, 14:57

check in suit2suit in that new complx opposite regent college
ngozi

Postby msana wanzili » 4th January 2011, 18:14

By the way are there companies in Zambia that hire wedding suits? I know wedding dresses are hired but not sure about suits and bride maids' dresses. If there are, i think its cheaper to hire.
msana wanzili

Postby msana wanzili » 4th January 2011, 18:21

Pepe
Lol. did you have a glass full of shiraz by your side as you wrote the comment. loved it tho.
msana wanzili

Postby WEDDING PLANNER » 19th May 2011, 15:29

ALFIE'S BRIDAL HAS EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR WEDDINGS!! You will be amazed at what you will find there. They rent out suits, tuxedos, waistcoats and wedding dresses. I think the owner is well exposed and takes time to attend to your needs!! Check em out........ They are miles ahead of the competition in zed
WEDDING PLANNER

Postby Bricklayer » 19th May 2011, 21:07

ladies, Gents and all you love birds out there,

iPhone has a wedding planner app. All you need to tell it is how much money you want to spend on you wedding and it does all the planning for you. To the smallest detail. For the ladies, it even picks out the best make-up for your skin tone based on your budget. And for the guys, this app tells you which side of the groom the best man should stand, when to speak and when to shut up. In case you are like me, growing up in the village and not knowing how the upper class people do it on wedding days :mrgreen:
Bricklayer

Postby Guest » 12th October 2015, 15:30

does anyone know of a place where i can get affordable suits in Lusaka

Postby Chileshe mwansa » 9th May 2016, 11:06

Send me thé pictures of wedding suits for nen
Attachments
1374781_1383630118613806_5954977498802605323_n.jpg
Chileshe mwansa

Postby kwaMandevu Kandolo vendor » 9th May 2016, 18:11

Chileshe mwana, when I read the title of your thread I thought you was about to get married and in search of a suit for the big day. But from your nice photo you look like just another broke lad from Chawama who cannot afford a decent pair of trousers, let alone a wife.
kwaMandevu Kandolo vendor

Postby Malume » 9th May 2016, 21:37

Chileshe

What happened to one of your buttocks? It looks cone-shaped like Madonna's pointed bras when she went on her singing tour in the 1990s.
Malume

Return to Bargain Hunter!!!